EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Which BMWs are better than MB counterpart? Vice versa

P.I.M.P

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

i'm a bmw guy for the most part, i hold no undue grudges against MB, it's just bimmer fits my taste, i try to be objective, but realize that BMW is about sporingness first, luxury seccond, mercedes sees it the other way around.

Kevin321 Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:52 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BMW's beat MB in every thing, MB sucks!!!

they suck!! they suck!! they suck!! no

matter what anyone says they SUCK

LOL kevin is funny

I think the 3 series is better than the C-class (I have an 03 325i but its not on my list)

I like the E Class better than the 5 series

I like the S Class better than the 7 Series

umm Im not an SUV guy but I think the X5 is better than the ML

Z4 better than SLK....

CL, CLK, G class dont have anything to compete against them

my favorite Mercedes is the SL55 AMG

LOL kevin is funny

Kevin isn't funny, hes retarded :roll:

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo P.I.M.P,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

mercedes is sporty, they just don't give off that image except in the AMG models. Kinda is why MBs for the most part get better 0-60 times with autos, the tanny that most people get these kinds of cars with

better accleration with automatics? possibly, and the AMG cars still are less sporty than their M counterparts, they are more luxuirous and decadent. In fact, it seems with the exclusion of the 600 and 55 AMG series cars (which make up less than 1% of all mercedes cars sold), I think it works out that mercedes are no faster with an auto than their competition, and with a stick their competition is faster.

C320: 5spd Auto, 0-60 in 6.9

330i 5spd Auto 0-60 in 7.0

So here, merc's auto is a tenth faster.

C320 6spd Sport Manual: 0-60 in 6.8

330i 6spd Manual: 0-60 in 6.4

330i 6spd Sport Manual 0-60 in 5.9

Here, bimmer's stick is 4 tenths faster, and 9 tenths faster when equipt with the sport package.

E500 7spd Auto: 0-60 : 5.9

545i 6spd Auto 0-60: 5.8

545i 5spd Manual 0-60 in 5.6

Hmm. So even with merc's wonder, the 7Gtronic transmission, E500 is still a tenth slower than 545i with one less gear? hmm. 4 tenths slower than the 6spd 545i, as E500 isn't offered with a manual.

S500 with 7spd auto: 0-60 in 6.1

745i with 6spd auto: 0-60 in 5.9

Again, despite the 7Gtronic, the bimmer is still faster, but then again, you said mercs with auto were faster right? let's see about SUVS?

ML350 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 8.5

X5 3.0L 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 8.3

X5 3.0L 5spd Manual: 0-60 in 7.8

So, again, despite the ML350's extra .7L of displacement, and a horsepower and torque advantage, it is still 2 tenths slower than X5 with an auto, and 7tenths behind it with a stick.

ML500 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 7.2

X5 4.4i 5spd Auto 0-60 in 6.8

hmm, 4 tenths faster.

Ok, let's see about faster cars?

C32 AMG with 5spd auto: 0-60 in 5.0

M3 with 6spd SMG: 0-60 in 4.8

Hmm, same weight, C32 has more horsepower and toruqe, and still 4 tenths behind the M-Car.

C240 5spd auto: 0-60 in 8.7

325i 5spd Auot: 0-60 in 8.1

325i 5spd Manual: 0-60 in 7.1

wow, let's see, the bimmer beat the merc by 6 tenths with an auto, and equipt with a stick (which merc doesn't offer on C240), it ran it 1.6 faster. Darn.

E320 5spd Auto: 0-60 in 7.1

530i 5spd Auto 0-60 in 6.9

530i 6spd SMG: 0-60 in 6.6

Well then, 2 tenths faster with auto, and a half seccond with bimmer optional sequential.

So i think what you meant was that Merc want's a sporty image, and BMW is faster with automatics.

Mercedes never seriously thought about having a " sporty " image until someone did it for them. Remember that BMW M which started out as BMW Motorsports was an in house creation of BMW themselves, to build enhanced performance version cars. Where as AMG was a tuneing house that worked on Mercedes cars, which Mercedes decided to buy 30 some years after it was established.

BMW has always been sporty, but Mercedes-Benz adopted a more sporty image to stay competitive.

Fox says that he's happy kevin makes idiotic outbursts like he does so he doesn't have to do it himself?

What kind of mature & educated person would even want to make a meaningless/pointless/retarded outburst like that just for the hell of it with no prior instigation?

Do all loyal BMW fans think like kevin? Do they really believe that MB's truly suck? Or is it just unbridled jealousy? Is it irritation/frustration that "How dare MB give their cars tons of power along with their luxury, and now damn it they can talk trash back much easier on the highway as they out-accelerate my bimmer on the autobahn?"

Do they just hate the kind of people that buy very expensive Mercedes? A guy like me is probably the kind that they hate most ... because I'm not afraid to take an already expensive jet-black MB and deck it out much further? Because some guys with AMG's are not afraid to use their cars the way they were meant to? Because we take corners faster than anyone would have believed we could? We go way too fast on the highway and race everyone on the road just because we can? Because I'm the kind of guy who drive an extremely flashy MB and drives around town with flashy clothes/glasses/diamond Rolex/Versace Pants/Gucci shoes with my flashy big Chrome multi-piece wheels with titanium bolts on ultra-lowprofile P-Zero Rosso Corsa's on lowered suspension with extremely loud exhaust system, revving my AMG V-8 just to piss off the bimmers with my windows rolled down blasting Euro-Trance so loud that you can hear me from a mile away? Because I pick up beautiful chicks in it and piss off the punks in the BMW's? Because I always keep my AMG waxed & polished & detailed and take it out to the best clubs/parties/restaurants and it's always parked right up front just to piss off all of the bimmer drivers? Because we're a thorn in their side? Because we're the type of guys that get into the hardest to get into parties for free and get the VIP section and steal away all the best looking girls and then at the end of the night we all go in my limo back to my place? Because we're the type of personalities that do all this while at the same time have successful businesses, and are getting our Masters & PhD? Is it because they might be afraid that guys like us might be the only guys around that actually have a bigger ego than they do? Because we might be much more successful? I could go on and on but oh well I'm preaching to the wrong choir as they say.........

Basically the whole point of all this is that Benz does not suck, they never have and never will .... end of discussion ....over.

Is that right?

It was well deserved considering the huge amount of MB bashing that goes on on this website, most other auto forums, and in most auto magazines. It's almost as if there is a world-wide conspiracy against any high-end MB that comes along .......

And if that's the dumbest one you've ever read .... you must've never read all the other posts here .... other people have written some you wouldn't even believe ....

And as for you kevin, you basically just admitted the last sentence that you quoted me from ..... how many times are you gonna do this to yourself? You make all bimmer fans look bad .......

So yes, I'm truly sorry for you LOLOLOLOL

It's about damn time someone (me only so far, although kleine has definitely helped alot, and that's appreciated) sticks up for MB ......

Seems like most people have too much pride to stick up for MB ...

When something is the best it always generates the most hatred, jealousy, suspicion, and retardedly poison-filled snyde remarks ...

That just goes with the territory .......

P.S. --- don't be sorry Sergio, there's nothing to be sorry for ....

I'm very proud of how I feel about things, and actually I really wanted to say tons and tons more but it would be too much for this forum (I wouldn't want everyone on this website to hate me, just a few is good enough for now) ....... It's so amusing and fun how talking about MB's can generate so much hatred and arguments ...... No other car maker generates as much hatred as MB does ....

In an article some months back when the SL 55 convertible first came out, a prominent U.S. auto magazine noted how that when driving it around town, they said that they had never before been in a car that generated so much hatred out in public. They said they've never seen so many people get so incredibly pissed off that a Mercedes had the audacity to out-accelerate them or just simply get in front of them, or that simply that car existed on the roads. The car was like driving down the road in a gigantic extended middle finger coated in clear-coat paint. All of that just makes me love MB a million times more. I love the fact that so many people dislike MB .... it fuels our fire more and more ..

Life would be no fun if you couldn't generate any negative reactions from people ..... especially people that are dumb enough to hate someone just because of what they drive !!! That's one of the most immature things ever ...... ;-)

Persian, your the man. I like to see that someone agrees with me. I know that someone is about to pull the "AMG's can't handle half as well as Bimmers", you know its coming. But its funny how nobody ever asks you if you want to meet them down at Leguna Seca to see who's fastest. It always happens at the strip or the traffic light. And AMG's handle well enough so that they are loads of fun, and that's what it's all about right? BMW's are fantastic too, I think Persian agrees with me here too, as he owns one. I owned an M5 before the SL and both have been great, I just prefer AMG better.

Because I'm the kind of guy who drive an extremely flashy MB and drives around town with flashy clothes/glasses/diamond Rolex/Versace Pants/Gucci shoes with my flashy big Chrome multi-piece wheels with titanium bolts on ultra-lowprofile P-Zero Rosso Corsa's on lowered suspension with extremely loud exhaust system, revving my AMG V-8 just to piss off the bimmers with my windows rolled down blasting Euro-Trance so loud that you can hear me from a mile away? is it because they might be afraid that guys like us might be the only guys around that actually have a bigger ego than they do?

Basicaly, yeah.

Guys like that are a disgrace to everyone with money. Most of the guys I see driving Benz are old farts. You can have your flashy clubs and the bimbos who would rather hit the sack with your car.

I'll take the inteligent, classy lady home who liked me before she knew what I drove, parked down the block where the parking is free. I'll be happy with that.

And turn down your stereo, don't scuff your dubs on your way out Mr. One Gallon Of Aftershave :roll: .

that's right.

Persian, that was about the most cocky bullshit series of posts i've read. I don't "hate" mercedes benz, and how many hundred times have i said they make great cars? I think i should just say that while both they and BMW are built and designed very well, both are fast, BMW makes sportiness the prioirty.

And if it always goes down at the stop lights, i left a long post explaining why you'd win in the bimmer a few posts back.

You liking mercedes doesn't bother me at all, in fact, i think it's cool you like them how i like bmw, but when you start bragging about money, and how we are all jealous, i have to say get real. I am not jealous. I could have a "pimped" AMG whatever tommorow if i felt so inclined, and i think that's true of a lot of people here. The thing is, we have too much class to be that ostentatious about it. And if you like your fly ass bitches in the back of the benz, that's fine, i don't think this is the place to talk about it. We are here to talk about cars.

And kleine, i took you as too intelligent and high classed of an individual to go along with something like that.

the reason i jokingly said I'm glad kevin is around to do that, is that when i have him being "uber" extremist pro-bimmer, i don't feel like i need to be as zealous in defending them. I'm not about to start a rash of "benz suck" messages, i haven't so far have I?

I don't neccessarily agree with Persian's ostentatious living style and all that, but I agree with his position on MB and the amount of negative attention it gets, especially here. What was I going to do? Tell the only guy who agrees with me off? I think that Persian went to far into supposed lives of MB drivers, but he made some real points and I think that its was nice for a change to see some posts that weren't anti-MB.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...