EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2005 Dodge Magnum SRT/8 ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

With a return of V8 power and rear wheel drive to Dodge and Chrysler cars, as well as the confirmed future production of such cars as the Chrysler 300C, and Dodge Magnum wagon below - both using 340 horsepower Hemi V8s', I am excited about a resurgence of Mopar performance. And I'm not even a " Mopar guy ".

Some may find the looks of these cars odd, particularly the 300C, of which there don't seem to be many photos of on the web. But I like them both, and think they exude a refreshing American appearance, instead of the copycat-Euro look we have come to expect of American cars.

Chrysler claims that the Magnum below is an 85% accurate representation of the production model, which shows some nerve on their part to build regular production cars, which are close to there concept counterparts. Instead of saving that philosophy for " special " and expensive cars like the Viper, and Prowler. How do you all feel about these cars?

srt803_02.jpg

srt803_05_800.jpg

srt803_03_800.jpg

srt803_inter.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Why not a station wagon? Dodge likes to call it a " sports tourer ", whatever, it's a station wagon. Like Dodge says, with it's innovative performance, packaging, and utility, there is nothing else like it. - Corporate talk that isn't bullshit.

There is also an all-wheel drive model planned as well. You know muscle station wagons aren't new, they had wagons with big fat motors back in the day, and I think a wagon is cool. When it comes to looks, the 300C will make an S-Class look like a Camry. It's about time American glitz stands up for itself.

I'm just saying that a couple weeks ago you were arguing that practicality plays a big factor in your acceptance of a performance vehicle -- and this is the most practical performance vehicle I've seen in a long time!

I disagree, although a high performance SUV is kind of pointless, with the possible exception of the 5-Series based X5 or the like, a muscle wagon makes a lot of sense. Especially for those who can't have a practical car, and a fun car on the side. It is car based so the same potential is there.

And what about some of those high performance Volvo wagons, you wouldn't call them pointless would you?

the volvo sportswagons? i personally think they are wierd, and their wagon body hurts their already overly flexible chasis, i think every car has to have a good degree of versatility, but at a point you need to pick your priorities.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Fox you didnt seem to mind power wagons when you said this:

listen, if your station wagon could have gone out and kicked ass on the best sports cars of the day, would you have complained?

Ever driven one of the old old (70s) Chevy Caprice Classic Wagons? The ones with the 455Cu. in. V8s? Those were some fast ass station wagons.

beside the point, the slalom is faster on the evo (AWD), it runs to sixty in 4.6 vs. 4.3 on Z06, 12.9 in the quarter vs. 12.6 (some claim 12.4 on Z06), still, less than half a seccond behind at the end of the quarter for nearly half the price with twice the trunk, twice the number of seats?

Not a bad tradeoff.

I guarantee the chrysler runs better than a 454 station wagons-- and it will run close to the evo with 5 times the trunk and twice the number of seats.. Sounds like it's actually your dream car!

it seats 25?

hope to hell not.

and the 455 cu in. caprice was fast for it's day. Remember, in it's day, vettes did the 0-60 in the sevens. Today we have Nissan Altimas that do it in the fives.

and saab went to hell when GM decided they would be the new swedish word for opel.

i'm saying, a station wagon doesn't say i go fast to me.

ok, EVO seats, 5.

and projected 0-60 for 300C is 5.8, so i figure the wagon would do it about 6-6.1, that isn't taking down an EVO (4.6), nor a cobra (4.7), nor an M3 (4.7), nor a mustang mach one (5.4), nor even a WRX wagon (5.7).

It's cool that it's fast, it's not the greatest thing ever to be dropped on 4 wheels.

Don't compare the Magnum with an Evo, WRX, or M3 :roll: , it's not trying to be any of those. No one said the Magnum wagon or 300C was going to be a performance revolution, other than within the Chrysler orginization itself. But none of those other cars mentioned are taking the wagon down for room and practicality, and possibly ride comfort. The point is, it has good room, and good zoom, American V8 style. Their hasn't been an American V8 wagon since the Caprice and Roadmaster Estate in '96 I believe, and that was pure cruiser. As for the WRX wagon, there might be enough room in there to carry your groceries, and your Mom at the same time.

and who are they targetting with this muscle-station wagon? soccer moms with aggression disorders?

get it, and i respect it as an american icon revived and a cool idea

You hate it on the first page, love it on the next... feeling a little

'bi'-polarfox?

And a station wagon is not necessarily that much heavier than a sedan. I never said it would knock anything off- - but .8 seconds slower to 60 and less than a second slower to the 1/4 mile than the evo is pretty damn impressive. (Car and Driver says the Evo goes 0-60 in 5.0) -- Out on the highway it will certainly 'run with' some pretty quick cars -- with 4 kids and a month's worhth of groceries in the back.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...