EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2004 BMW M3 VS. 2004 Audi S4

Paper Tiger

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Here are some stats straight out of Car&Driver magazine ...

0-60 - Top Speed - 70-0 - Skidpad - Mpg.-city

BMW M3 ... 4.8 - 159 - 161 ft. - .87g - 16

Audi S4 ... 5.0 - 130 - 168 ft. - .85g - 15

And yet C&D still favored the S4 over the M3. but only because the S4 is newer I think, magazines are like that. I think the M3 is a superior machine, and no muscle Audi will ever surpass the level of handling finesse and balanced mastery that the M3 achieves. By the way, the M3 has rear wheel drive, and 50/50 weight distribution. The S4 has Quattro all-wheel drive, 53/47 weight distribution, and in manual form, weighs over 400 lbs. more than M3.

In terms of powerplants ...

BMW M3 ... 3.2 liter, 24 valve, I-6 ... 333 hp. @ 7,900 ... 262 lb.ft. @ 4,900

Audi S4 ... 4.2 liter, 40 valve, V8 ... 340 hp. @ 7,000 ... 302 lb.ft. @ 3,500

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Paper Tiger,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I dont think bangel can change them from being number 1.He only controls the look of the cars(witch i dont seem to hate as mutch as some of you)and not the real reason they are number 1.So you might not think the car is a complete work of art but i bet its engineering is better than whatever cars u think do look good.there are countless reasons why they are number one.i never thought the way they looked was a crutial element.

Even though they are all beutiful.

chris_bangle.jpgActually, Bangle has a little more clout than that. It's scary. Believe it or not, he has been the director of BMW Design since 1992. But it's only now that he has been able to fully flex his own ideas. He is responsible for incorporating Designworks USA in California with BMW. Also for amalgamating the motorcycle design division with the car design branch. He has had influence in extending the model ranges of all the Series, as well as with Mini. And judging by his design work, he has great influence on BMW's overall philosophy. If Bangle never came into the picture, would we have such features as i-Drive, and if so, would it be pushed at the buyer so forcefully?

actually, not. Despite the all wheel drive, the fact is that S4 has shit for weight distro, and M3 is perfect. Slalom and skipad favor the M3, and track course comparos between the two by car mags have consistently put the M3 a bit quicker. Car mags like the feel of the S4, and like that it's new, but the number all go the way of M3.

and in terms of bangle, i've seen monkeys at the circus who could do his job better.

You know what? BMW is overadvertised.

I don't find anything special about them. I would take the Audi S4 instead of a M3. Here we live in the snow... but I would have choosen it anyway!

And Audi DO care about weight distribution.

Audi have a better, or atleast equal good chassis for the current A4.. great work by Audi!

the weight distro on the S4 is 54/46, which is the best of any audi, in fact, some A6s have as bad as 63/37. Every BMW, including X5 is within 2 of 50:50. The M3 is perfect 50:50 front/rear, bmw also has the electronically controlled rear differential on the M3, aiding in cornering speeds.

And i live in a very snowy place too. I've never felt a need for AWD. Once you get the hang of driving RWD in the snow, it's easy.

One can get used to driving in snowy conditions with RWD, but RWD is notoriouly bad for snowy driving, especially with people who either don't know what they're doing, get spooked easily, or who are too crazy. Also, AWD lays power down more efficiently. I enjoy both styles immensely though. It's about preference.

im sorry but mercedes is , althoguyh there are exceptions, is aimed straight at snobs who think there great cuz they have a mercedes benz. Im not aiming at u people in the forum , but tahts what i see in canada. people who buy porsche and bmw are people who are looking for performance, and cars that dont all look the damn same (mercedes). thoguh a lot of the porches look the same, they can get away with it since there the same "class". but for mercedes, i cant tell most mercedes from each other. especially the sedans. the only mercedes i liek is the SL's but thats it. now for bmw, they have viarity in there designs. but they all look bmw all the same. and personally, i think the 7 series, the 5 series, and the 6 series and the Z4 own all of the other cars in the same class or segment wutever its called. And i think the CLS is a pretty stupid idea. Arent coupes supposed to be 2 doors? the CLS looks to me as a coupe looking sedan (the only car that gets away with 4 doors is the mazda RX-8, those are damn nice, and the other 2 handles on the backa re at least hidden). i hate it. and the back is demented, even more so than the 6 series. the 8 series is still top coupe for me , but the new 6 is the runner up. And yea that all i have to say. im sorry if i dissed people who have mercedes, but i only say that form what ive observed. as for the audi, its cathing up on merc and bmw, but the audi le mans beats the living crap out of the SLR, and if bmw makes a supercar, the audi may beat it in looks as well.

One can get used to driving in snowy conditions with RWD, but RWD is notoriouly bad for snowy driving, especially with people who either don't know what they're doing, get spooked easily, or who are too crazy. Also, AWD lays power down more efficiently. I enjoy both styles immensely though. It's about preference.

Nothing beats RWD!!! I love how you can read what the car is doing by the seat of your pants and know exactly how to control it. I drove an AWD S4 a couple of times and I liked that too, I would much rather have that in the wet though (on the track, not street driving).

i'll be honest, my jaguar with all wheel drive and dynamic stability control is easy to drive in snow when i'm spaced out, but when it really gets bad, it isn't predictable, you don't know what the computer is going to do, and you can't really feel what's going on, you are dependant upon the computer, whereas in my 318i, with RWD, i can do anything i can do in the jaguar, but instead of the computer I do, and to be honest, i am a little more capable of assessing a situation than the traction computer. Once you've gotten used to RWD, it isn't hard at all in the snow, it's just the learning (and the fact that stupid people will never get it) that make it difficult. I had an Audi A4 before the jaguar, and have to say, the quattro is a better AWD system, but it isn't perfect.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...