SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  
Paper Tiger

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VS. Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Empfohlene Beiträge

Paper Tiger
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

Which is the better car in terms of performance and why?

Please do not consider the body design, if it does not affect the performance.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
LateNightCable
Geschrieben

The Subaru WRX STi, and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution are known to have their own specific forte. The Subaru is a better road car in terms of ride and handling, and the Evo has an edge on the track. The performance of both cars are very similar overall though, which is one reason why they are viewed as such hot competitors.

It really comes down to which one you have more of a personal affinity with. The skill of the driver will make all the difference. - My own first choice would be the Subaru.

Car&Driver test results ...

0-60 - 1/4 - Top Speed - 70-0 - Skid pad - Mpg-city

Subaru WRX STi ... 5.0 - 13.6 - 145 - 157 - .90g - 18

Mitsubishi Evo ...... 4.6 - 13.2 - 156 - 166 - .90g - 18

Engines ...

Subaru WRX STi ... 2.5 liter HO turbocharged, 16 valve, flat-4 ... 300hp. @ 6,000 - 300lb.ft. @ 4,000

Mitsubishi Evo ....... 2.0 liter turbocharged, 16 valve, I-4 ........... 271hp. @ 6,500 - 273lb.ft. @ 3,500

One thing is for sure, unlike the Lancer Evolution, the standard car that the WRX STi is based upon is not lame.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

sti is 2.5L now? i thought they based it off the 2.0L DOHC 16V H4 in the stock WRX, just with a retuned turbo and ducting (as well as intercooler), and more advanced tuning to get the extra power.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Nah, they took the plunge and bored and stroked that motor out. Some people are displeased though because it's not being true to a real Rally car, which has a 2.0 liter limit.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

yeah, that is too bad, seeing as the mitsu is faster doing it the right way.

izzyloveslizzy
Geschrieben

Really? There's a 2.0 Litre limit? I did NOT know that! That's News to me....

djfux69
Geschrieben
Car&Driver test results ...

0-60 - 1/4 - Top Speed - 70-0 - Skid pad - Mpg-city

Subaru WRX STi ... 5.0 - 13.6 - 145 - 157 - .90g - 18

Mitsubishi Evo ...... 4.6 - 13.2 - 156 - 166 - .90g - 18

i think you have these numbers mixed up. the sti is sub 5 second 0-60 and runs a 13.1. the evo runs 0-60 5.0 and a 1/4 of 13.6.

and let me tell you this, i have driven both and the evo feels cheap in comparison to the sti. that car is a beast.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

evo is so flingable though, and i've seen latenights numbers, they are right.

djfux69
Geschrieben

ummm yeah. but they arent. every magazine i have ever read agrees with me. 13.1 sti 13.6 evo. his number are a mistake, i will find the magazine, because i think in the magazine they were different that online.. also experience, i know the sti is faster.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Ummm, yeah, but they are. You're talking nano seconds here, but generally the Evo is a bit faster in the timeing runs. The STi has a 6-speed box with significantly closer ratios, than the 5-speed in the Evo. A spin behind the wheel of each is not really " experiance ", not enough to tell which is positively faster, especially when the two cars are so close. Which is why your stats may be just as correct as mine. It's all in how they are driven.

Polar, is that a Dali? Not bad, it looks nice on here.

djfux69
Geschrieben

im telling you if you go drive them youll see what im talking about. a guy around here has an evo aka S box, and my friend has an sti. sti running 13.1 consistantly and 13.025 once. evo hitting anywhere between 13.6 and 13.8. i know everyones stats differ due to driving ability, and your numbers could be just as correct as mine in another test in another magazine. but that is significant time difference.... maybe ill just shut up because it doesnt really matter :lol:

kleinefisch
Geschrieben

My personal favorite is the STi. They do have very similar performance figures, so I guess it comes down to the style which we were supposed to leave out of the comparison, but I don't think I can help it.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

yeah LNC, it is a dali, some salvador dali with the last two lines to a dylan thomas poem under it, what could be better? I thought this place could use a little more culture.

And the fact one mag says STi is faster, the other says EVO, to me that means they are equals, and the only difference between them will be which matches your taste, and which performs better coupled wtih your driving style.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben
I thought this place could use a little more culture.

Thats' why I became a member :wink: .

the only difference between them will be which matches your taste, and which performs better coupled wtih your driving style.

Very true.

kleinefisch
Geschrieben
yeah LNC, it is a dali, some salvador dali with the last two lines to a dylan thomas poem under it, what could be better? I thought this place could use a little more culture

I'll show you culture.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

let's see it!

kleinefisch
Geschrieben

I submitted the post and then lost the new pic for my sig, I was trying to find it again before anyone saw the post. I was too slow.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Kleine, thats' Hot Rod Kulture :wink: . We're talking Culture.

kleinefisch
Geschrieben

Yeah whatever.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

damn dude, i thought dali and thomas brought the place up, but damn, nothing says culture like a GTO, they are lined up 100 deep at the opera hall.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Just wait till' General Lee and the Duke boys show up, the transformation will be complete. This place will really be a class act!

And about actual topic : One big reason I would choose a WRX STi is the exhaust. No other little car has an exhaust sound like a WRX!

djfux69
Geschrieben

that exhaust sound is from the opposed 4. 4 things would make me choose the sti. variable yaw control... which is amazing, 6 speed tranny, runs lower boost, and it feels a hell of a lot faster.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Yeah, a car that sounds like a big block motorcycle tends to get the adrenaline pumping. To me, thats' one of the coolest things about WRX. It's one of those cars you can identify before you even see it coming. Like a 5.0 Mustang.

I can always tell when a 94'-96' Impala SS is coming just by the sound of the tires. They sound like rubber steamrollers, it's very destinctive.

djfux69
Geschrieben

i definetly agree about the sound of the wrx... the sound is amazing. i love it, plus with exhaust you actually hear the turbo spool through the muffler. this sound, is orgasmic.

EVO VII EXTREME
Geschrieben

Suba WRX STI

:evil:

Schreibe eine Antwort

Du kannst jetzt einen Beitrag schreiben und dich dann später registrieren. Wenn du bereits einen Account hast, kannst du dich hier anmelden, um einen Beitrag zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorhergehender Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Melde dich an, um diesem Inhalt zu folgen  

• Neu erstellen...