EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VS. Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Paper Tiger

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

The Subaru WRX STi, and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution are known to have their own specific forte. The Subaru is a better road car in terms of ride and handling, and the Evo has an edge on the track. The performance of both cars are very similar overall though, which is one reason why they are viewed as such hot competitors.

It really comes down to which one you have more of a personal affinity with. The skill of the driver will make all the difference. - My own first choice would be the Subaru.

Car&Driver test results ...

0-60 - 1/4 - Top Speed - 70-0 - Skid pad - Mpg-city

Subaru WRX STi ... 5.0 - 13.6 - 145 - 157 - .90g - 18

Mitsubishi Evo ...... 4.6 - 13.2 - 156 - 166 - .90g - 18

Engines ...

Subaru WRX STi ... 2.5 liter HO turbocharged, 16 valve, flat-4 ... 300hp. @ 6,000 - 300lb.ft. @ 4,000

Mitsubishi Evo ....... 2.0 liter turbocharged, 16 valve, I-4 ........... 271hp. @ 6,500 - 273lb.ft. @ 3,500

One thing is for sure, unlike the Lancer Evolution, the standard car that the WRX STi is based upon is not lame.

sti is 2.5L now? i thought they based it off the 2.0L DOHC 16V H4 in the stock WRX, just with a retuned turbo and ducting (as well as intercooler), and more advanced tuning to get the extra power.

• 3 Wochen später...
Car&Driver test results ...

0-60 - 1/4 - Top Speed - 70-0 - Skid pad - Mpg-city

Subaru WRX STi ... 5.0 - 13.6 - 145 - 157 - .90g - 18

Mitsubishi Evo ...... 4.6 - 13.2 - 156 - 166 - .90g - 18

i think you have these numbers mixed up. the sti is sub 5 second 0-60 and runs a 13.1. the evo runs 0-60 5.0 and a 1/4 of 13.6.

and let me tell you this, i have driven both and the evo feels cheap in comparison to the sti. that car is a beast.

ummm yeah. but they arent. every magazine i have ever read agrees with me. 13.1 sti 13.6 evo. his number are a mistake, i will find the magazine, because i think in the magazine they were different that online.. also experience, i know the sti is faster.

Ummm, yeah, but they are. You're talking nano seconds here, but generally the Evo is a bit faster in the timeing runs. The STi has a 6-speed box with significantly closer ratios, than the 5-speed in the Evo. A spin behind the wheel of each is not really " experiance ", not enough to tell which is positively faster, especially when the two cars are so close. Which is why your stats may be just as correct as mine. It's all in how they are driven.

Polar, is that a Dali? Not bad, it looks nice on here.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Paper Tiger,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

im telling you if you go drive them youll see what im talking about. a guy around here has an evo aka S box, and my friend has an sti. sti running 13.1 consistantly and 13.025 once. evo hitting anywhere between 13.6 and 13.8. i know everyones stats differ due to driving ability, and your numbers could be just as correct as mine in another test in another magazine. but that is significant time difference.... maybe ill just shut up because it doesnt really matter :lol:

My personal favorite is the STi. They do have very similar performance figures, so I guess it comes down to the style which we were supposed to leave out of the comparison, but I don't think I can help it.

yeah LNC, it is a dali, some salvador dali with the last two lines to a dylan thomas poem under it, what could be better? I thought this place could use a little more culture.

And the fact one mag says STi is faster, the other says EVO, to me that means they are equals, and the only difference between them will be which matches your taste, and which performs better coupled wtih your driving style.

I thought this place could use a little more culture.

Thats' why I became a member :wink: .

the only difference between them will be which matches your taste, and which performs better coupled wtih your driving style.

Very true.

yeah LNC, it is a dali, some salvador dali with the last two lines to a dylan thomas poem under it, what could be better? I thought this place could use a little more culture

I'll show you culture.

Just wait till' General Lee and the Duke boys show up, the transformation will be complete. This place will really be a class act!

And about actual topic : One big reason I would choose a WRX STi is the exhaust. No other little car has an exhaust sound like a WRX!

Yeah, a car that sounds like a big block motorcycle tends to get the adrenaline pumping. To me, thats' one of the coolest things about WRX. It's one of those cars you can identify before you even see it coming. Like a 5.0 Mustang.

I can always tell when a 94'-96' Impala SS is coming just by the sound of the tires. They sound like rubber steamrollers, it's very destinctive.

• 5 Monate später...

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...