EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Mercedes-McLaren Will Soon offer whole range of Cars

PersianJ

Empfohlene Beiträge

It has also been revealed that Mercedes has decided to go full-on with McLaren & begin to offer soon a whole range of MB-McLaren cars for sale, including an "F3" range, an "F2" range, and at the top will be the "F1" range of cars. The F3 will be a mid-engined 2-seat coupe/roadster (with atleast 425 HP) aimed at competing against the Ferrari 360 Modena, the F2 range(with atleast 550 HP) will be a front-engined 2+2 aimed at the Ferrari 575M Maranello, and then the F1 (with atleast 650+ HP) range will be a mid-engined ultra-highperformance supercar aimed at the Ferrari Enzo. These engines will be naturally-aspirated, direct-injection, with new ultra-light & ultra-lowfriction moving parts, and the F1 engine will be able to rev to over 10,000 RPM no problem. Benz is planning on offering these new cars starting as 2007 models. All of these will have V-10 engines to start out with. God forbid if they later on put twin-turbos on the F1 V-10 :-) Can you imagine a light-weight Benz F1 coupe with 1000 HP (Would that mean 0-to-60 In 1.5 Seconds? Who Knows how fast it could be?) Hmmmm, sounds like maybe I've had some influence over at MB and they're finally listening to my ideas I posted up earlier on having sort of an SL 65 CSL light-weight coupe !!! LOLOLOLOL Looks like their going to build almost exactly that kind of car after all !!!!! How awesome :-) It will be a complete ass-kicker no doubt ... too bad they're probably going to charge way more than $200,000 dollars for it !!! Oh well .......

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

This is very exciting news. It can only do good things for the MB image. By the way, do you know what badge the cars will support? Probably MB. Also, I though there was a redline limit at around 8500 rpm. I know there was when the F50 was built, thats why its redline is that, they actually had to detune the engine for the road.

i would say it will have even more hp...considering that in 2007 there will be already ferrari 400 instead of modena equipped with 500hp v10,all new maranello (or imola?) with 600hp v12 derived from enzo and finally f60 with around 850hp (v12,90 degree,UniAir)

so it would be difficult to take on those cars with as less powerful engines don't you think?

This Mercedes-McLaren partnership is not a rumor, it's for real. And yes it is true that probably by the time these engines actually come out for sale, their horsepower figures could well be much much higher than first stated. That is usually how it goes with Benz. I remember not too long ago MB first talked about having turbo engines with "around 400 Horsepower", but then here now we see that they have actually 500 horsepower, and now 612 HP with the CL 65, and then soon after a 700+ Horsepower SL 65 will come to production ... so obviously this same thing could happen with the McLaren "F Car" Range. I wouldn't be surprised to see the F3 Roadster have "Atleast 500 to maybe up to 650 horsepower", the F2 have between "600 to 750", and the F1 to have atleast between " 750 to 950", maybe more even. Just dial up the boost, strengthen the cars' inner parts a little more, and there you have it. I mean for God's sake there are Honda Civic's here in the United States with anywhere from 1000 to 1500 horsepower due to the high-pressure forced induction systems they have !!! So why can't Benz shoot for over 1000 horsepower, especially for the F1 range? They should no doubt .... it wouldn't be that hard to do it at all .....

Hmmz, do you have a link to a pressrelease or something? It's not that I don't trust you, it's just there's alot of crap on the net and I made a habit to not trust something unless it's from the source.

Anywayz I'm not woried about power figures. What I'm interested in is the torque curve and the transmission. Will it have the 7G-Tronic box or some other sequential/semi-automatic box that came straight out Formula 1. Finally what is the weight? If they can manage to keep the weight around 1100kg then we'll truely have a killer. Except I'm not sure of this is a real number seeing how MB opts for big heavy engines.

yeah...a loads of crap...it reminds of your weight specification in case of veyron..you were telling it will weigh 3000kg or something

and you all couldn't believe as i mentioned those 1600kg (or 1500 who cares anyway)

but this isn't a crap...i can confirm that company called McLaren has been founded sometime ago...that is the sign there will be Mclaren road cars

Funny thing is that Bugatti still hasn't released any official specs and just like I predicted the Veyron is overweight (like everybody can see in the videos) and it was a hype, it came and blew away like that. Nobody ever said that the MB-McLaren partnership was a rumour, look at the SLR, heck MB owns half of McLaren.

I'm ussualy one of the first to hear about rumours like that and I've heard nothing as of yet. The only thing I heard is that MB is working on a new line of engines which are going to have to following tech:

* Direct injected gasoline

* 4 valves per cylinder

* Variable valvetiming

* Counter directional balanceshaft

Anywayz I'd like to know more about these cars so If PersianJ has somekinda link or a source i'd appriciate it. :)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo PersianJ,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Mercedes (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 2 Wochen später...

Alright, another two cents...

Persian, I read your post(s) with great interest! The thought of Mercedes building cars like that makes me giddy. But you know, there are some curiosities in that guy's posting. First, the Veyron's power figures have already made the Enzo's look almost piddlin' (sounds insane). But I'd love to see Mercedes slap Ferrari around a little. What fun? I frankly think that the dollar figures he quoted in his post are WAY off base. Too cheap by a ways. I don't think Mercedes will build the SLR for 7 years. That would do nothing at all for the exclusivity of it. I say definitely no more than 5 years, but more likely 2, 3 max. Yes, the new Ferrari 460 ("Ingrid") sketches are fantasitc.

I'd sure like to see published documentation supporting the orginal posting he mentioned in the beginning. That'd be neat. I've read that future Benz engines will employ direct injection (as will most makers eventually), and that they're going back to DOHC and will begin using variable timing, but I don't see counter-rotating balance shafts in the future. Those were originally used to smooth out engines that were rough running due to huge bores (i.e. the 3 liter four cylinder in the 944) and odd configurations like odd numbers of cylinders or odd degree banks and/or crank offsets. And most all car manufacturers have gotten past those things in their engineering. No one uses balance shafts anymore that I know of. Who knows though. I'm certainly no guru. Just a fan.

Anyway, it's all speculation till we see it rolling out of showrooms, isn't it?

Raptor

Well, Motor Trend has tested the SLR, and they said it was a fantastically performing car, but they did say, it is not as fast, nor as sharp handling as the Enzo, in fact, it's test numbers are almost the same as a porsche 911 turbo X50, which is half the price. It's competition although is the Murcielago, the Carrera GT, The F575MM (which it does beat), and possibly even Ford GT.

The Enzo has 337 fewer horsepower than a veyron, it's also a thousand pounds lighter, so it really does balance out. Enzo has been tested to zero to sixty just as fast, and the weight difference alone assures veyron will remain the better handler of the two. Given that the Veyron is more luxurious and has longer legs, it's twice the price.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...