EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Power and Beauty - The Gallery Vol. II ...

LateNightCable

Empfohlene Beiträge

As a thread with many pictures can take a while to download, I introduce a compliment to the popular Power and Beauty Gallery.

* Power and Beauty - The Gallery Vol. II!

As always, the gallery is open to all clear, fabulous photography featuring any make, model, or vintage of car, portraying dynamic Power and/or Beauty.

For the sake of load times, please limit any submitted images to 6 per post, Thanks. Enjoy :P ! -- LateNightCable

sr012Alfalarge.jpg

ETC_Spa2003_03_lg.jpg

* This is not a photograph, but a computer animation. Looks really cool!

Alfa_04.jpg

gta16.jpg

gta10.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 68
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Hi everyone, I'm the one who ruined the first "Power and Beauty" gallery - I'll try not to do the same with this one. But I think the "6 images per post" rule is a bit too harsh, don't you think, LateNight?

Don't worry, you didn't ruin it. I don't know, 6 pics per post seems about right, I only have 5 above. The system seems to judge the length of the pages by the number of posts, so theoretically, you could post 200 pictures on one post, and it would technically only be the first post of the page, and it would take forever to download. This way it keeps the length of the pages in check.

You guys are gettin' him all excited. Stop, you'll give him a heart attack.

Of course I must admit that I myself am drooling like a baby over that blue Aston Martin. The Jag. XK's are pretty sweet-lookin' too. But what's with the TVR in the middle of all that?!?!? Well, I guess it's a Brit., and a pretty good one at that, so, OK.

Here's a fine Brit. I'm absolutely in love with:

s1.jpg

s12.jpg

s14.jpg

s19.jpg

s111.jpg

Yeah absolutely. Took the words right out of my mouth. And I also have complaints about the Invicta's slightly weak engine (320HP is very good, but not *insane*). Also, I think if you crash an Invicta S1, the repair will cost as much as a new car. That unibody contruction is awesome, and has it's advantages. But if it gets damaged beyond repair, they'll have to replace the entire body of the car, and that carbon-fibre monocoque isn't too cheap to build or to replace, by the looks of it.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo LateNightCable,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Yeah, those are cool. But I don't think those are intercoolers, seeing as neither car is turbo-charged. The black RC Spade is powered by a 2.0 petrol 4-cylinder making 180 hp. And the red RC Diamond has a 2.2 Diesel with 175 hp. and twice the torque as the Spade.

Both cars weigh in at about 2,000 lbs., hit 60 in around 6 seconds, and top out at over 140 mph. It would be great if Peugeot took these cars to market!

The BMW Art Cars are a great addition to the Power and Beauty Gallery. A series of BMW cars painted by famous artists. These are only a few.

Long live Power and Beauty :P !

* Alexander Calder ... 3.0 CSL

70_calder.jpg

" Where everything is perfect, there can be no fulfillment " - Alexander Calder, 1975

" My fan mail is enormous, everyone is under six " - Alexander Calder

* Roy Lichtenstein ... 320i ( 2nd. place in it's class at the 1977 LeMans. )

70_lichtenstein.jpg

" I thought hard and put all I had into it " - Roy Lichtenstein, 1977

* Andy Warhol ... M1 ( Painted entirely by Warhol himself. )

70_warhol.jpg

" I adore the car, it's much better than a work of art. " - Andy Warhol, 1979

* Ken Done ... M3

80_done.jpg

" I wanted my BMW Art Car to express beauty and speed. " - Ken Done, 1989

* M.J. Nelson ... M3

80_nelson.jpg

" The car is a landscape as if viewed from an aeroplane " - M.J. Nelson, 1989

* Sandro Chia ... 3-Series Racer

90_chia.jpg

" Like a mirror, this car confronts the people who look at it. " - Sandro Chia, 1992

The BMW Art Cars, of which there are 15 in all, created by significant artists representing nine countries from every continent, are basically a bunch of gypsies.

They have been displayed at museums throughout the world. From the Guggenheim in New York, to the Louvre in Paris. The last I heard of their whereabouts, including the Warhol M1, they were at the Rolex Vintage Festival over Labor Day weekend 2003, in Lakeville Conneticut.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...