EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The 1l concept car and the 2l of the future

Thunf

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi!

Does anyone have any pics or information about the 2l car VW is going to produce in 2005? I've found allot of information about the 1l concept car, the one running 1l / 100 km. I find that car very welcome as it's so efficient. The 1l weights just 294 kg! However the 2l of the future will be around 700 kg, that means better sound isolation, probably better looks, and less expensive materials. I've just found one pic of the 2l car witch was based on the concept car, I'm sure that car will be successful when it reach the market. :)

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

It has a centrally mounted 0.3Litre one-cylinder SDI diesel that's "transversely installed in front of the rear axle" and makes about 9HP at 4000RPM with about 20lb.ft. of Torque @ 2000RPM. I'm afraid the 0-62MPH time for this car is infinite seconds, as it's maximum speed is only 120KPH. They can modify the aerodynamics and material some more in my opinion. And why not go with a 2-cyl. diesel/electric hybrid instead? By the way I'm not dissing this car, because it's pretty awesome. 1L/100KM is about 260MPG or so, which is insane. They should be able to modify that car and turn it into a 400HP car with 800lb.ft. of Torque and still get roughly 20MPG. That's good stuff.

front1.jpg

rear1.jpg

int1.jpg

int2.jpg

road1.jpg

road2.jpg

I don't know anything about a 2L/100KM version though. And why would you care anyway? 1L/100KM is better than 2L/100KM.

I care about the 2l more than the 1l because the 1l is just a concept. The 2l does have paint(!), certainly aluminium instead of carbon fibre... that means prise will be realistic.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/bil/story/0,2789,266978,00.html

It's a swedish site:

about the 2l: TDI engine with 61 hp, 700 kg, 0-100 in 12 sec, top speed 180 km/h.

it will also be available with a 2 litree gas engine producing 150hp with a top speed of 240 km/h!

The car will be produced 2005 as latest.

• 2 Wochen später...

I have no Idea, but around 2l/100 km. Anyway, certainly there will be many engine choices when it comes 2005. This type of car does have a good potential to be both good looking, fast, efficient, luxury and quiet witch cerainly not the concept was! And still it doesn't really matter if it takes 1l /100, 2 or even 3.

• 1 Monat später...

the problem with driving that in america would be the guy in his suburban on the phone driving next to you wouldn't notice you, and would merge onto, making you the interstate's newest speed bump.

the problem with driving that in america would be the guy in his suburban on the phone driving next to you wouldn't notice you, and would merge onto, making you the interstate's newest speed bump.
thats what i would think. they are slightly larger than motorcycles though.

im guessing nobody saw the movie brazil.

• 3 Monate später...

Does anyone got any news about this special car?

I've searched the web for progress, but I can't find any news about it. Eighter VW are good hiding their progress, or they have simply dropped the concept. I hope not!

Now I found something.

I came to the conclusion that "Volkswagen 1L" was also called wundercar I. Now I found a story about wundercar II, or gullwing. You can read more about it here: http://evworld.com/view.cfm?section=article&storyid=493

I think that the first look isn't as great as it might get after a while. When something new comes, it's always hard to accept. I like for instance the new 5 series of BMW more and more each day, but I had very difficult accepting it first. Now I always look after it. This VW might be just like that, the more I looked at the picture the more I like the shape.

Most trips that we make are just shopping trips, going to job and driving around. Ofcourse it wount erase other cars, but the class it will fall into interests me more and more. The new VW gullwing/wundercar II.

more links:

http://www.vw-team-muenchen.de/vwnews/zweil.htm

I don't think it's called "Wundercar" it's just a nick that the author of that article gave the car. It's name is just VW 2l. If the 2l looks like that and has those performance numbers then it's going to be a very very atractive vehicle.

• 3 Monate später...

Do you know what I think about this car?

I love it.

But... I'm concerned that these cars that don't need allot of fuel isn't really something good for the oilindustry. Therefore it might take some time before it reach us I guess. Hopefully VW haven't changed it's mind because of decitions in the 'upperarea' with the oilindustry! :( It sounds pretty stupid, but I haven't heard of somthing new from this car...

If buracracy and oil money is going to get in the way of keeping the environment clean, I think it's going to take a real safety threat to finally knock the sense into humanity.

At some point, cars that are not ( or not as ) dependant on fossil fuel will be made available. Whether or not the oil industry likes it.

• 1 Jahr später...

This is certainly old news, but there won't be a car like this. Not even NEAR! VW said that a 1-litre car will be too expensive to build with all the exotic materials. What a joke. People would certainly be happy if there would be a 2 litre car, or a 2,5 litre car or even with consumption of 3. But it will never be produced even with cheap materials like aluminium and call it a "VW 2L" or "3L", crazy people at VW.

Yes they have, but there might be some hope:

"Volkswagen's current CEO, Bernd Pischetsrieder, is said to have decided that it was not cost-effective to continue further with the one-litre programme. However, less revolutionary "three-litre" models (capable of over 94mpg) are still underway, despite low sales of the earlier Lupo 3L and Audi A3 3L offered in Germany"

Source:

http://www.channel4.com/4car/news/news-story.jsp?news_id=12096

If things are developing in the right direction, sooner or later someone will make a car look towards this shape. There is a hope from VW perhaps! A Honda Insight with diesel would also be cool!

*edit* Hey, just noticed! Take a look at Honda Imas. What a CAR! :-))!

Well, the 1 liter bubble car was never all that practical in terms of it's size. But motorcycle inspired cars really deserve to be looked into.

And the Honda Imas, it's... Interesting. :wink: But I wish they would try a little harder to make these cars more stylish.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...