EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

BMW M3 CSL vs MB SL 55 AMG

Gladiator

Empfohlene Beiträge

The Giant combat..Who was first ower the finishline??? 8)

I have it all capture on my latest Video from Blackrace in Stockholm Sweden. And the CSL raced without R tires.

:o

Facts:

MB SL 55 AMG

-500HP

-700Nm

-V8

-0-100 in 4,7 sec

vs

BMW M3 CSL

-360HP

-370Nm

-Inline 6

-0-100 in 4,9 sec

As soon as RolandK publish the new video U can judge for your self.

---clip from Usercoments about the car----

T.J. from France 29.08.03 (17.22 Uhr)

The M3 CSL is a real sporty car....but Mercedes is going to sell a version of the CLK 55 AMG with 476 hp....BMW will loose the match. The 3.2 liter M engine is one of the best engine in the world, but cannot compete with the 5.5 AMG Mercedes. I got an SLK 32 AMG, and I can say that the M3 is not able to pass me, 'cause I got a friend that have it.....Mercedes is best.Let's wait the new M5. But now Mercedes kicks BMW. :-?

-------------------------

BMW, U have built the most superior Car in the World if we consider evaluate the index details in price and prestanda.

"The Car The Myth The Concept"

The real StreetGladiator

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I don't think it's fair to compare these 2. First of all the CSL (Coupe Sports Light, just the name sais enough) has a 3.2L inline 6 banger while the SL has a 5L V8.

THe CSL has been stripped down to the bone or modded so it can be light while the SL is a heavy monster.

The CSL has a sequential gear while the SL has a full autogear.

You just can't compare the two.

I know its not fair, but on the race track the MB should win, but did it???

Lets wait and see the Video. This evening the crowd waited every half hour to se the 2 giants rumble at the race track, and they didnt paid any notice to the other 100 cars hehe... But in the end, i fully agree with U, the CSL is in a class of is own. :wink:

Phuh, M3 would blow that thing into the weeds on the turns. Whether the SL is " faster " than the M makes not a hill of beans, because they are not even fair competitors. It's like comparing a locomotive with a race horse, one is going to beat the other in something, and neither of them have anything in common.

Let's compare power-to-weight ratios of both cars:

BMW M3 CSL: 360/3050 = 0.118

MB SL55 AMG: 478/4015 = 0.119

So, in these terms, the cars are very close to each other. I would add a handling plus for BMW M3 CSL.

But which one won that race anyway ? :)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Gladiator,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

zzzzZZZzzzzz slow servers. I sent the videos again today by mail and hope this work. Now the staff have to work all night :lol:

I also sent a fresh video from streetrace last friday. Its between CSL and M3 -01. Guess the results 8)

Roland, get some big cup of espresso, its gone take some to load the file :roll:

Just like I suspected. With launch control the CSL will have a headstart from the line but the SL55 will make up when it comes to building up speed. They end the same. I think the guy in the SL55 had his gear program set to economic, the way he pulls out makes me think the autotranny jumped to 2nd gear first.

And the CSL was without any R tires soo it burned away on the first gear, it always does. But upcoming weekend the CSL have 18" with 285X55 slicks. 8) I just working to put the car down to the ground. I think BMW missed that :lol:

The Giant combat..Who was first ower the finishline??? 8)

I have it all capture on my latest Video from Blackrace in Stockholm Sweden. And the CSL raced without R tires.

:o

Facts:

MB SL 55 AMG

-500HP

-700Nm

-V8

-0-100 in 4,7 sec

vs

BMW M3 CSL

-360HP

-370Nm

-Inline 6

-0-100 in 4,9 sec

-------------------------

Yeah sorry buddy your facts are wrong. Where did u get that M3 is doing 4.9? M3 is doing 4.8 and CSL is like 4.6 and your MB is like 4.4 something Like that i don't know too much about MB so i can't argue. :evil:

Phuh, M3 would blow that thing into the weeds on the turns. Whether the SL is " faster " than the M makes not a hill of beans, because they are not even fair competitors. It's like comparing a locomotive with a race horse, one is going to beat the other in something, and neither of them have anything in common.

On a circuit the CSL is faster than the SL, http://www.track-challenge.com/

In a straight line the SL will accelerate faster, but the brakes and handling of the CSL are absolutely perfect. The CSL was even faster than a 911GT3!

Wrong :-? The facts i Hardfact from the industry and not som figures i made up. But if you know someting they dont U better tell them. I know how fast my CSL is but not 0-100 yet.

Ok you are right about the facts. But i don't understand ONE thing how come they say in one website that Regular M3 is doing 0-60 in 4.8 I think that was in www.bmwusa.com and one day i was reading "Bimmer" magazine and it said 0-60 in 4.6 Now in this website they say 4.9 http://www.track-challenge.com/ Well i know there is no big difference. But i hate when those journalists write it down anything and then they publish this unprofesionaly.

I don't think it's fair to compare these 2. First of all the CSL (Coupe Sports Light, just the name sais enough) has a 3.2L inline 6 banger while the SL has a 5L V8.

THe CSL has been stripped down to the bone or modded so it can be light while the SL is a heavy monster.

The CSL has a sequential gear while the SL has a full autogear.

You just can't compare the two.

I agree. You can't compare a 3-series with a SL or a CLK. The M3 is supposed to battle with Mercedes C32 AMG and Audi RS4. You might try comparing the new BMW M5 with E-class, the E55AMG, or the forthcoming M6 with the CLK. BMW doesn't have any plans of building a car that are supposed to kick the Mercedes SL's ass. Yet..

how come they say in one website that Regular M3 is doing 0-60 in 4.8 and one day i was reading "Bimmer" magazine and it said 0-60 in 4.6 Now in this website they say 4.9 http://www.track-challenge.com/ .

A good thing to go by is that factory figures are always on the conservative side, because they want to represent the average performance to be expected from every regular production example. But like a lot of things, these figures can move either way, depending on the driving conditions, and the skill of whos' behind the wheel.

numbers can vary a lot. on a manual tranny car, the driver is huge to the number, also, cars always turn the best numbers in very cold, dry, weather at sea level when there is high barometric pressure, allof those can make a signifigant difference combined. I just always take numbers with a grain of salt.

• 4 Wochen später...

Yeah sorry buddy your facts are wrong. Where did u get that M3 is doing 4.9? M3 is doing 4.8 and CSL is like 4.6 and your MB is like 4.4 something Like that i don't know too much about MB so i can't argue. :evil:

Actually one reason for that might be because in the U.K. and some other parts of Europe the underrate the accelerations of all cars compared to those that are common knowledge in North America. For example, in Sweden they (many mag.s, for example) apparently think a Gallardo does 0-62MPH in 4.2 seconds, whereas in North America every outfit that tested the Gallardo reported 4 seconds flat. I don't know the exact reason behind that, but it's something I've noticed. Just the other day, I read a UK magazine that said the CSL does 0-62MPH in 4.8 seconds. I saw 4.7 and 4.6 in American mags, and I also saw 4.9 in another European mag.. All I know is that the CSL's acceleration from 0-100KPH should be somewhere around 4.6 to 4.75 seconds at max..

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...