EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

MURCIÉLAGO R-GT

jtrader

Empfohlene Beiträge

Today at the IAA Frankfurt Motor Show, Lamborghini unveiled the Murciélago R-GT, a new race car derived from the Murciélago.

Built to the specification of FIA and ACO regulations, the R-GT will be equipped with a Lamborghini air restricted 6 litre V12 engine, developing a highly competitive power output. The drive train, converted from the Murciélago permanent 4WD to RWD, as per the FIA/ACO regulations, will sport a sequential gearbox. The total weight will be contained within the relevant class specification of 1100 kg.

The R-GT will be supported by the Lamborghini Customer Sports Programme that takes care not only of race car sales but will also offer trackside assistance.

The Murciélago R-GT will be eligible for entry in national and international race events such as the European FIA GT Championship and the American Le Mans Series, competing in the GT category of these two major championships. Vehicles for customers will be available by 2004 at a selling price below 500.000 Euros.

Following the official launch at the Frankfurt Motor Show, Reiter Engineering will undertake a test and development programme, entering a Murciélago R-GT in the FIA GT races at Estoril, 5 October and at Monza on October 19, 2003. Reiter Engineering plans to shakedown the first car in late September and undertake a test session prior to the Estoril race weekend. For this test and race programme, the car will be driven by professional drivers Peter Kox and Oliver Gavin.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=117&i=7296

check out the pic

http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/sixcms/media.php/23/R-GT_450.jpg

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Heres the one from PistonHeads.

7296-1.jpg

This will be really good for Lamborghini, and encourage them to perhaps focus more attention on weight reduction in their road cars, which I think they need to do more than anything else.

I'm not sure if it's monocoque. Monocoque, which is French for " single skin " implies that the skin is the primary structure. Probably not in this case.

A version will be available to the public, but only for track use no doubt.

I meant an all carbon body, I didn't mean monocoque in that sense. Sorry got my terms messed up. What do you mean only for track use? Surely they can't sell the cars to the general public and then say that they can only be driven on the track. Unless they are not street legal, which they may not be.

Quite a few cars have been made available to the public, but only for track use. The Viper GTS/R, Lotus Elise, or some version of it, among them. You could certainly buy one and drive it on the street, it just wouldn't be leagal. They are straight out racecars without the manditory safety features, and emissions equipment of a roadcar.

It wouldn't make much sense to buy a Murcielago R-GT unless you had a race team, or you just wanted to look at it.

Why don't they make a street legal version such as the Diablo GTR or the CLK GTR Strasse? Perhaps they will.

@ first the diablo GTR was not street legal car,the street version was GT,and i think they'll make a street version of this car 2,as Murciélago GT

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo jtrader,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Lamborghini Murciélago (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

this r gt, which is very impressive, at has the same bhp of the normal murci. thought they would have put more bhp. will compete against ferrari gtc which has 600bhp.

and for the ones who would like a murci r gt , and can't afford it, well is possible to transform it like that, with spoilers, front skirt, side ones and rear. Also you can tune it with a compressor or a double turbo and the sound of ur car will be much more impressive

at has the same bhp of the normal murci. thought they would have put more bhp.

The Murcielago R-GT's power output is restricted for racing, if you wanted to unrestrict it, I'm sure it would pump even more massive power.

They may be able to outrun the cops, but you can never be faster than their radios. Sorry. But what would actually tip a cop off as to the fact that your car is street legal, if you had a plate and followed the traffic laws, I don't see how they would know, its not like the police chiefs are saying "If you see a Murcielago RGT, arrest him".

Phuh, screw radios, back roads and shortcuts is all you need to know.

Although the cops would definately be on the look out for a sleek, low slung, carbon fiber sportscar, license plate number - well no license number :D .

If you stuck a plate from another car onto a Murci R-GT, you may be able to pull it off. But the thing would attract so much attention, you would probably get pulled over just because a cop wanted to check out your car.

Now, if you owned a regular Murcielago that was registered, you could switch the plate onto the R-GT, and a cop who pulled you over would never know the difference between the two if he ran the plate. To him, it's just a Lamborghini.

Paint the R-GT to look like the regular one and even a cop who knew the difference would be stumped :wink: .

hell man look at your car pool, i bet you would have enough money to get one, you should try it, and also race it. i love to race and im good at it. im only 16 and i cant wait to finish my courses get the good paying career and by a lamborghini(hopefully)

• 2 Wochen später...

http://car.kak.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=news&file=article&sid=1269

Delayed debut for the Lamborghini Murciélago R-GT

Posted by: kak on Tuesday, September 30, 2003 - 11:22 AM CET

The new Murciélago R-GT, launched recently at the Frankfurt Motor Show, was out on track for the first time last week in Vallelunga with test driver Dindo Capello at the helm. The roll-out on the first day was followed by two days of testing which ran smoothly. However, the availability of components from suppliers has resulted in a decision to give the Murciélago R-GT it’s first public outing at the Monza round of the FIA GT championship, 17-19 October.

Professional sports car driver, Dindo Capello, enjoyed his first stint in the new racer and summed up after Vallelunga saying, “There’s so much potential with the Murciélago R-GT. Within the limited testing time, we managed to complete many laps and to keep improving the car each time out.”

A spokesperson of Automobili Lamborghini, says of the first test run with the Murciélago R-GT, “The whole team has worked extremely hard to prepare the car for this first test within a relatively short time frame, but we agree with Reiter’s decision, due to the availability of parts, to be racing for the first time at Monza.”

The Murciélago R-GT sports racing car is derived from the acclaimed Lamborghini Murciélago super sports car, and has been introduced as a result of increasing customer demand for a high-specification Lamborghini race car at a competitive price. It has been developed jointly with renowned race engineering company Reiter Engineering in Germany, and parent company Audi’s sports division, Audi Sport.

More about FIA GT at Estoril here:

FIA GT heads south to Estoril (29.09.03)

007, your profile states your interest here as Lamborghinis' and yet you hunt them. What exactly do you hunt them with? Do you have a love hate relationship with Lambo? I would not advise hunting a Murcielago R-GT, the tables just might get turned right quick :wink: .

yoo 007,

can u send me that pic of "the new bat mobile" coz it didnt show up on yur reply? if u can send that to my email or just reply n put it in there, if u can that wud be great

thankx man

peaaace

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...