EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
GIR

Even more M5 photos

Empfohlene Beiträge

GIR
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

Okay this is getting kinda boring, I wash they'de hurry up and release the car already. Anywayz here it goes:

attachment.php?attachmentid=17915

attachment.php?attachmentid=17916

attachment.php?attachmentid=17917

attachment.php?attachmentid=17918

attachment.php?attachmentid=17919

The more pictures I see of the front the more I start thinking that's an intercooler.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

intercooler? maybe in a diesel version of the 5, it looks like the bottom of the radiator to me, but i could be wrong.

Wolvie
Geschrieben

is this the m5 with the v10 engine what every one is talking about? Whens it out any way

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

yep, it is, and it is due out for the 2005 model year. estimates give it an october '04 north american launch.

kleinefisch
Geschrieben

A V-10 in an M5, what kind of power will that thing put out? And if BMW does this, how will MB respond?

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

IT HAS MUFFLERS :P !! Oh goody!

In production form, that V-10 will put out something like 500 hp. possibly a little less, I'd like to know the torque figure. MB will no doubt respond with larger displacment and bigger turbos/superchargers unless they know any other songs.

An intercooler? Nah, thats just a big shiny radiator, those ten cylinders are going to need a lot of cooling you know. Thing looks like a Z4 from the front.

Knowing what BMW can do with what they have now, they will take 500 hp. to where no car has gone before, outgunning cars with even more power than that. There is even talk of an available auto for the lazy old men.

Wolvie
Geschrieben

mercedes are tooo expensive :o if you know what im talking about. Merecedes have a great line up of good cars but the problem is they are very expensive.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

last i read, the 5.5L V10 will put out from 500-550hp, and will be offered with a conventional and SMG 6spd. No planetary automatic, just the SMG.

Look at that rear diff. It's huge! The cooling fins are enormous.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

500 seems like a more realistic figure to expect, 550? just maybe.

The rear differential on my M3 looks like that. Big cooling fins are standard M practice.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

50hp isn't much for M to pull. remember how everyone said expect 400 from the 6.0L V12 and it debuted at 440? BMW usually betters estimates for power. And that diff is unusually large, i know about the cooling fins, but it is HUGE.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

It's a pretty blurry photo. It looks about the right size. I would expect a larger diameter exhaust system though, like about 3". Doesn't it look kind of small?