EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Gossip about a new M1

Dresol

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

i've read quite a bit on M1, a car to take down a 911 turbo and 360 modena on their own ground. I have heard recurring rumors that M5's V10 will find it's way under the hood.

Can you imagine a 500-550hp engine bolted into a car that light? Seeing as the driveline would be mostly parts bin, they could do it pretty inexpensively (relatively) and have a car no one could touch for the money.

A 3.6 liter V8 pressing out 280kW, now that is impressive.

I have just one complaint however. Why is it BMW doesn't make another McLaren F1 type car? I mean a car that can blow the competition away in one fell swoop. A car that is above the KoenigsEgg, SLR, Zonda and Veyron.

The M6 could be that car.. however will BMW go that far?

According to Sportscartesting the engine range of the M6 will be:

3.0-litre 6-cylinder, 174kW

3.6-litre 6-cylinder, 204kW

4.5-litre 8-cylinder, 250kW

5.5-litre 10-cylinder, 375kW

6.0-litre 12-cylinder, N/A

If the 5.5 litre 10 banger is already pushing out a clean 375kW (500bhp) then what will the 6 litre 12 banger do? Dare I say 450kW (600bhp)

I think that BMW should put a 8.0 litre v16

with all the technology that they have and forget

about having a cheap car, make the price as

much as it has to be to beat the veyron. something

so powerful that BMW would put out more than a

1000hp with out the need of turbo. If they can do

that they will have The Ultimate Driving Machine.

Not only that, but the Veyron doesn't need to be beaten, it's a blip on the map, and basicaly exists to impress somebody. If BMW put a little thought into it, and a fraction of the investmant; they could build a car to blow Veyron into the weeds in every catagory. And it would be nothing like the excessive Veyron.

That M1 actually makes the " Bangle flaming " look okay, but that Z4 rear end is corny.

then why don'y they make a car to beat it :-?

Priorities. The things that the Veyron represents, are not the things that BMW feels it needs to prove for itself. Perhaps at some point BMW may build a " supercar ", but the Veyron will certainly not be the inspiration for it.

The new M1 is gorgeous compared to the other cars Bangle has produced, but I doubt that they would be making a car that has just the same ammount of horsepower as the Veyron. If BMW ever would make the M1, it would be competeng against Porsche 911 and Ferrari. Maybe even the Aston Martin Vanquish. I really hope that BMW produces this car, cause it is a beauty.

A lot of makers seem to talk a lot about 1,000 hp. engines, even 1,001. How petty is that? But so far, they all have yet to put out a full production 1,000 hp. car. I think it's just a bunch of promotional swaggering.

It makes headlines, but I don't think level headed people with a grasp for the things that matter most really care.

I don't think the V10 will fit in the M1. The M1 is most likely going to have a supercharged V8.

Can you imagine a 1000BHP BMW? That's scary. But if anyone is ever giong to properly make a 1000+ horse-power car, it'll probably be a German auto maker with enough reputation and money to burn, like Mercedes-Benz or BMW, or Porsche.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...