SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

japan vs. europe ( skyline r34 - m3)

SPD_JNKY

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 86
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

The '98 and '03 model M3's are based on two different generations, that look quite different.

You know, the introduction of an M3 used to be something special - a surprise. Now people just expect it, talking about when the new M3 is comeing out. Chill the hell out people!

I think the last 4 posts did most of the explaining, bleh. I'm not saying you're a bad driver - heck, it might actually be purely because you're amazing at standing starts and you're just the best person for driving an R34 - I'm just saying that in normal situations a 343HP M3 (that's 339 SAE HP) should be able to do slightly better than a stock R34, so his might be an older M3. The M3 CSL is even better, which means his 0-62, 0-100, Quarter-Mile, and Max. Speed (not-limited) are noticeably better than an R34's, but I doubt his was even 333HP non-CSL M3.

• 3 Wochen später...
TradingWise + SPD_JNKY = OWNED

japanese engineering does not compare to european. there is a reason honda is the only japanese competitor in f1. what amazes me is that a tuned skyline will take an m3 even though the m3 is na and rwd. that is core engineering. the skyline does hold a lot of respect but, stock vs. stock and highly tuned vs. highly tuned, the skyline only wins in straight line by a little and every other aspect of driving the m3 destroys.

And you say this because you're an engineer? Or do you believe in the German Engineering myth? Sorry but Japanese engineer is on par with German, if not surpassing it. The reason you don't see many Japanese manufacturers in F1 is because of the MASSIVE cost of running an F1 program. Toyota just entered into F1 for the 2003 season.

When Honda was winning consecutive F1 constructors champions during their 80's heyday, no one could touch their reliability with Prost and Senna behind Honda powered chassis. Heck awhile back Ferrari was a sinking ship because of poor reliability. If you're trying to infer that F1 = better engineering then hey Ford has the best engineers in the word because they have more F1 constructors cup then any one else.

Good engineering = Low cost, easy to fix and DAMN RELIABLE. Japanese engineering does both.

It's not just the engineers, it's the managers all the way down to the workers on the floor.

I guess all those consumer quality surveys on cars are all wrong when time and time again Japanese manufactures take the top spots while German/European cars are average?

Hmmm... JD Powers Survey for quality 2003 = Lexus #1, Infiniti #2.

German cars are more reliable... indeed.

You're either full of it or really biased against Japanese car if you think an M3 can outhandle a GT-R.

It's funny how you guys talk about the GT-R but beyond driving it in Gran Tourismo don't know jack about it's racing pedigree and history as a "Porsche Killer".

JD power has always been biased to japanese manufacturers, even when they were blatently inferior. Overall durability favors european maruqes, Japanese cars may have set it and forget it down well, but they aren't over-engineered the way the europeans tend to do.

And if you are so all knowing of japanese engineering supreriority

answer me this.

Motor Trend Test data says as follows:

G35 6spd 0-60 in 5.8

330xi 5spd 0-60 in 5.9

The 330xi is heavier (by 150lbs) and has 35 fewer horsepower, and is a blink off even to sixty?

hmm. interesting.

but wait, you were going to say it is because 330xi is all wheel drive?

Test data puts 330ci (similar weight to G35, still 35 less horsepower) at 6.1 to sixty.

The 330i Sport which is RWD and the same weight as G35, has 25 less horsepower.

Factory number of 5.8 to 60.

So BMW builds a car the same size, weight, and layout as inifniti, both are six cyldenders, both are 6spd manuals, both rear wheel drive, the infiniti has a 3.5L V6 vs. the 330i Sport's 3.0L inline six, 330i sport makes 235hp compared to G35's 260, and yet despite the numbers, G35 isn't faster?

That is european engineering superiority.

fox - thanks for the defense i am feeling lazy still, but non the less the i must persist.

straight6 - here we go

-yes in a technical sense engineer just not an automotive one

-we are not talking about reliability, if we were i would agree with you i love my civic.

-you think im biased against japanese cars...yet i own one...hmm

Good engineering = Low cost, easy to fix and DAMN RELIABLE. Japanese engineering does both.
-your not an engineer, they know how to count.

-if you want something easy to fix newer japanese cars are not it, relative to the majority of american cars.

-a completely stock skyline gtr or supra(i dont know what else you could drive with a inline turbo 6) is not that fast compared to the german flagships. they can be modified to be(there are many disagreements in that) but the skyline has been compared with the rs4 wagon and the wagon has come out ontop.

-i have driven an m3 but not been priveladged to have driven a gtr. have you driven both a gtr and an m3? i dont want any hypocracy taken out on me.

-the gtr is a porsche killer when it is modified.

sorry my last point was anticlimatic. i kinda got tired of typing this reply. ill try and fix that later

edit: yea, i dont really feel like fixing it.

• 2 Wochen später...

Sorry Straight6, but your argument is one that's never going to pass as valid (well, maybe in a Honda forum it might). The Europeam engineering "myth" is actually truth. Real hard facts are hard to come by in most things, but when it comes to cars, there are so many sides that you can't hope to reason your way into saying something that isn't true, and you'd be forced to lie, in which case you'd be shot down for it. That's the nature of the car-world. Europeans are acclaimed for their engineering by all, and for good reason. There's a good reason why every single Japanese manufacturer has always tried to compare itself to a German manufacturer. Honda, Toyota, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru, the list goes on.... Even when Lexus (which is generally regarded as the best overall Japanese car manufacturer) advertises for it's cars, it tries to convince the buyers that Lexus has "finally reached" the Germans. Of course, it's almost never true. Now, in F1, it's actually a bit of a different story. Money, competitiveness, and requirements are a few of the things that push Honda to try to excell in F1 engineering. Honda puts alot of effort and money into it's F1 programme, and in reality, all the different F1 teams are almost on the same level. If they weren't, they wouldnt be able to compete, and thus you would see them drop like flies. I think you went outt'a line when you said Japanese engineering was equal to German engineering, if not "surpassing" it. I don't think I need to even say anything about that one! It's just so horrifically one-sided and biased of you to remark something so ridiculous. I'm not gonna even TRY to reason here, because I'm too lazy, and besides, Fox and Bleh did a fairly good job of putting you in your place. BTW sorry about the paragraphic post.

Bleh, the last part of your post (how you just gave up on fixin' it) was too hillarious! I literally laughed out loud in the middle of the library when I read it!

izzy: thanks. 'office space' has changed my life.

so arty, the wise, would you care to elaborate? or is the generalization as far as you plan on going? or are you just trying to instigate something? i know 5 pages is a lot to read but a little more insight would help the conversation.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...