SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New car

Ashkon

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 58
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

So, back to the original question-- 50k to spend and you want 400hp?

Why would you waste your time buying an eclipse that has to be completely overhauled and mod'd out to make that kind of power? And no, the 2003 model is not available in AWD -- FWD is the only option and an LSD is not a factory option either. So basically, you buy your first car... you completely tear it apart and put all new parts on it (all new "shit" as Skyline would say) ... and wait around for 2 months for this to be done... then you take it out ... drive it around, maybe take it to the track once or twice ... and the BANG-- it breaks and costs big cash to fix and lots of time to fix it in... The z06 can be bought, driven and tracked all day long... it's built to have 405 hp so every part of the car can withstand the punishment that 405 hp will put on it -- unlike an eclipse, which is basically an economy car in sprts car clothing. Not to mention, z06 will still have a warranty. Nothing stock will be left on your eclipse for the dealer to fix.

If you want to be a tuner and enjoy fixing your car every couple thousand miles then sure, buy a cheap ricer and tear it apart... with every substantial hp upgrade you make, though, you lose reliability.. If you want a powerful car that will run with the best of the sports car market and reliably take the abuse-- buy the z06.

You don't even have to shoot as high as a ZO6. But it would be wise for you to get something with factory backed parts and a warranty. It's easy to have dreams of grandeur when considering your first car, ( especially when you are in the quite silverspoonerish position of having 50 grand at your disposal ) but setting your mind on a highly tuned up Japanese car is just waiting for something to break, also like as you mentioned, it could be too much for you. I think you would find great happiness with something considerably less potent, and possibly cheaper.

Z06 is nice, over priced and impractical perhaps, but if you were going to tune an eclipse, you'd buy one a few years back with the AWD.

For $33k you could have a Mustang Cobra with 390hp, say you spend just 5k on upgrades, you'll be mid four hundreds, have solid reliability, and seating for 4.

for 33k again, you could get a 270hp mistu evolution, 0-60 mid 4s, slalom just shy of 70, not a bad deal.

Or perhaps you would go with an M3 or S4. Both are very good trackday cars as well as practical cars. Also, they can be tuned if you ever feel the need for more power, and will be able to handle it. Z06 is a nice choice if you don't mind a two-seater. You may even be able to find a mint, low-mileage, used M5. Remember, used isn't necessarily bad, it just limits what you want in the car.

I apologize 4 callin u an idiot the other day LATE.

I was in a pissed off mood and i accidentally took it out on u. So i jus

wanted to say sry for that. But now bout the

word "ricer" ricer is bad around here no matter wat

ur comparin it 2 so i'm basing it how it

is around here. My eclipse has been taken to the track

dozen's of times and has been raced all day long and it runs

perfectly fine. No parts have broke in my eclipse

nor in the 3000gt. (Btw i don't speak ghetto"ese" ghetto ppl put da=the mah=my)

I jus shortcut when i type cuz I'm 2 lazy to type it all

out. The choices r good that ya'll r namin

but like i said be4, me myself wouldn't want a fast

4 door cuz where I live when i was in high school

looks meant alot and the name of the car meant alot.

For me back then I wouldn't have taken a evo but now hell yeah I would

with a 1/4 mile at 13 secs at best thats pretty quick.

Then u could go head-2-head against a Z06 and might beat him dependin

on the driver and the 0-60 is fairly close and its also $20k cheaper.

U got the money the choice is urs.

Z06 is nice, over priced and impractical perhaps,

Actually some would say, and have said, that at just over $50,000, the ZO6 is a real bargain. For all the extra performance you get, that suddenly catapults it into supercar territory, it comes with a real trunk, decent gas mileage, a warranty, and a nice list of features, including air-conditioning and a stereo, just like a practical car. Even a little cup holder for your little drinky winky. The ZR-1 was in the mid 60's.

Skyline : Apology accepted :) .

if by mid 60s, what you meant was mid 90s, then yes, the ZR-1 was mid 90s.

The Evolution damn near takes the Z06, for 20k, and has room for 4 and an actual trunk.

The vette is cramped, seats two, has no room for anything, and is still very large (go figure).

It's a good car, and by all means a VERY able performer, but if dollars are the issue, it's not the biggest bang for the buck around.

the seats in Z06 are stiff as shit, the suspension is jouncy, the shifter is balky, it's unimagineably loud, the car is only in its element at its limits. The standard corvette is a liveable day to day car, EVO is quieter, better mileage, a real trunk, AWD, seating capacity, it's just more practical.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Ashkon,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Evolution damn near takes a z06? on what planet?

Depends what you like.... personally, I like my sports car to look like a sports car ... not an economy car converted into a sports car... but that's my thing.

All that other stuff, quieter, better mileage, bigger trunk, seating capacity, more practical... those are the same reasons my old man gave when he bought a station wagon when i was 9 years old... Doesnt seem like much of an argument to buy a sports car though...

listen, if your station wagon could have gone out and kicked ass on the best sports cars of the day, would you have complained?

Ever driven one of the old old (70s) Chevy Caprice Classic Wagons? The ones with the 455Cu. in. V8s? Those were some fast ass station wagons.

beside the point, the slalom is faster on the evo (AWD), it runs to sixty in 4.6 vs. 4.3 on Z06, 12.9 in the quarter vs. 12.6 (some claim 12.4 on Z06), still, less than half a seccond behind at the end of the quarter for nearly half the price with twice the trunk, twice the number of seats?

Not a bad tradeoff.

And the M5 E60 will be offered as a station wagon, that's a viper beater.

An M5 has indeed taken the honors from an E55 in many reputable road tests. I don't know where you have ever seen an E55 beat an M5. And if you're talking the newest E55 against the old M5, than that isn't even a fair comparison.

BMW gives code names to their cars. Like, E30 was the 3-Series of the 80's, E36 was next, now E46. E60 is the next 5-Series.

Yes. I think it's the more hardcore BMW enthusiasts who know the code names. That's not to be confused with E55, which is an AMG modification of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class.

The 2K3 E55 beats the old M5, but I think the new M5 takes back the crown.

The choices r good that ya'll r namin

but like i said be4, me myself wouldn't want a fast

4 door cuz where I live when i was in high school

looks meant alot and the name of the car meant alot.

For me back then I wouldn't have taken a evo but now hell yeah I would

with a 1/4 mile at 13 secs at best thats pretty quick.

I am not trying to jump on the bash skyline train, but can you please type out words and use complete sentences? Thanks, it makes it much easier to follow.

fox where did you get your numbers for the evo? because the Car and Driver test that i have in front of me here has the Lancer evolution going 0-6 in 5.0 and running the quarter mile in 13.6....

I know there are some fast station wagons -- in 1965 Dodge made a max wedge station wagon capable of running 12's in the quarter mile... doesn't change the fact that it's ugly.

If you have to have your cake and eat it too then, you're right, you should probably buy an evo.. but you can't honestly say that a lancer with some ground effects and a wing looks better that a corvette?

but you can't honestly say that a lancer with some ground effects and a wing looks better that a corvette?

Don't forget the sound, who wants to hear a bee buzzing all day when you can listen to that V-8 growl.

Remember, used isn't necessarily bad, it just limits what you want in the car.

Used isn't bad at all, my own cars are second hand. I think with as many cars that are produced, you can find a car with the right combination of things you want if you look. For example, If you want an old Mercedes E420, Taupe, with tan interior, with options A,B, and D, but not C, you could probably find it. Plus, most brand new cars depreciate so much it's insane.

To Playboy: Word :D .

I 2nd that. Why the hell wuold you want the bee-engine sound? A V8 growl is always a sweeter sound to hear, and the looks of the Lancer aren't exactly the most admirable looks for a car (for any car), whereas the Corvette is one of the sweetest-looking sports-cars out there. Good point, PorschePlayboy.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...