EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New car

Ashkon

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hey fellaz...

I am lookn to buy a car under 50 grand..

this is gonna be my first car so i dont want to rush in..

Even though i wanna supe it up as much as i can

for a whle i thought of a supra, but realized its not a good idea to have dis beast as my first car..

then i was thnkn about an eclipse probebly 99 n upgrade it to 410 hp. But i'm still not sure about it either... What are your personal opinions?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 58
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

you have 50k to spend and you're going to get an eclipse!! :-?

Why not a corvette z06? An eclipse with 410 hp (how the hell are you going to do this? NOS?) will twist and shake and drop pieces everywhere. NOt to mention it's front wheel drive and I don't think you can get a limited slip...

Z06 vette has 405hp to start... add a K&N filter and maybe a corsa exhaust and there's your 410.. in a better handling, more stable, less "deathtrap" like vehicle...

i agreee that the eclipse is not the car to get if you have that kind of money, unless your a stunna whos going to get cosmetic stuff.
An eclipse with 410 hp(how the hell are you going to do this? NOS?)
410whp is a bit much for a daily driven eclipse. and i would not recommend it if it is your first car. it is however very possible to get that much hp out of that engine with turbo mods.
NOt to mention it's front wheel drive and I don't think you can get a limited slip...
you can make ecplises very fast for much less than a z06. two aquaintances i have have the two cars you are comparing. the eclipse and the newer z06. and the sad part is the eclipse ripped him. there is no way i can't actually describe how badly the z06 lost all i can say is many car lengths. both are stick and both are competent drivers. as for the things jterp is doubting for the eclipse: eclipses are available in awd and they do make many limited slips for them: here's one of many.
Z06 vette has 405hp to start... add a K&N filter and maybe a corsa exhaust and there's your 410.. in a better handling, more stable, less "deathtrap" like vehicle...
both cars are 'deathtraps' and the z06 costs just over 50k. jterp seems just a bit biased. if you are very familiar with mechanics(youve been working on cars your entire life) then get whatever you want. if you dont have much experience under the hood beyond oilchanges and tune ups then i would go for something a more reliable as my aquaintance with the eclipse has blown his motor twice but had the knowhow to fix it himself. as to which car specifically, you have to tell us what you want from the car.

some people aren't into big "redneck" V8 cars. I mean, i acknowledge a corvette is a great performance car, but it carries a lot of image, you love em or hate em. I like em, they just wouldn't be my first choice, and I can see where people are coming from. Plus, an eclipse to beat a Z06 would be pretty rare.

Turbo mods could get that car that high. i've seen them well stable in the low threes, four gets dicey, but still doable.

Also, the eclipse GSX was all wheel drive.

for a whle i thought of a supra, but realized its not a good idea to have dis beast as my first car.

A Supra would probably be a very nice car to have. You want a car you can soup to 410 hp, but a Supra is too much for you. how is that?

As a first car, I think you would find yourself very happy with something a lot less powerful than what you're talking about, and at less than 50k.

Any Eclipse that beats a ZO6 by " many car lengths " is just a dragster, and will probably blow something very expensive in about a week. So in that sense, a super Eclipse is no competiton.

Any Eclipse that beats a ZO6 by " many car lengths " is just a dragster, and will probably blow something very expensive in about a week. So in that sense, a super Eclipse is no competiton.
did you read all of my post? and it wasnt just a dragster and nothing on that car is very expensive compared to a z06. he has full interior and all the suspension upgrades designed to handle upgraded sway bars, strut tower bars, etc. fox knows how possible it is.

back to ashkon,

if all your interested in is the quarter mile however a supra with 10k in mods spent wisely will break 11s.

i say if your going to spend 50k follow porscheplayboy's advice: s4 not the new v8s but a used biturbo v6. one modification takes off a second(chipped ecu). and i would trust the s4, m3 or any other german car over any supra driving on winding roads.

the wisest thing to do would probably be to get a junker worth less than 3k, learn to drive stick with it, invest the other 47k, then after a few years buy a car worth owning. statistically everyone will into an acccident before they turn 21, whether its their fault or not(i dont think i can explain this statistic correctly). so word to the wise: make your first car a beater.

i still have the dream of buying an old volvo 740/760 and get it to 600+hp, go out an beat people in vettes and vipers with an old volvo.

i've seen and raced GSXs turboed past 300, they can and do do it. They are fast cars, and that four cylender has room to tune in it. Just look at EVO, 270 out of the box, the tweaked up GSX is like an EVO. An EVO is faster to sixty and throught the quarter and slalom than a stock vette. Tweak it up a bit, it'l be eating Z06s. It can be done.

I'd say get yourself a car for say 10k, spend 5 tuning it up, and teach yourself to drive performance cars on. Invest the other 35, in a few years, it'l have grown back, buy yourself an S4 or a supra or GSX and rock on.

he has full interior and all the suspension upgrades designed to handle upgraded sway bars, strut tower bars, etc.

There is nothing that will change the fact that it's still a riced out dragster, and those aren't built to last.

Why not a corvette z06? An eclipse with 410 hp (how the hell are you going to do this? NOS?) will twist and shake and drop pieces everywhere. NOt to mention it's front wheel drive and I don't think you can get a limited slip...

hahahahahaha......damn dude u must not know SHIT......a 410hp eclipse gst/gsx can be SIMPLE as shit to have with 50k 2 spend damn dude u can buy a level 7 frank turbo and make the bitch into 10's hittin over 700+hp and ur tellin me they fall apart?? plz dude a z06 is aight but everytime my friend goes up against a modded eclipse here sry buddy but its shit if i had the money like he would i'd have my 03 eclipse souped up more than i have it now but then i'd prolly rather fix up the skyline more than ne other car i own the 3kgt vr-4 is gone 2 its limits 4 me but the skyline is only in works along with the eclipse.....dude since ur young and i'm only 20 and i know how u think u prolly not gonna get an evo since hence its 4 door and its not popular 2 have with the gurls yes its bitchin fast but the looks is like having a box with a body kit don't gimmie wrong i like em but for him he's not gonna want it cuz of the way it looks when ur young its mainly bout looks and if there is sum bout looks and speed then go with the eclipse gsx and get even a Big T28 monster turbo nobody could touch u were ur at u would be smokin ferrari's porsche's and maybe even a few supercars :D:D gl dude and trust me i've been street racing since i was 15 i know wat i'm talkin bout when it cums 2 wat teenagers want.............and btw for ur comment "jterp" yes there r several lsd's for 2g eclipses over 3 different company types if i'm not mistaken

There is nothing that will change the fact that it's still a riced out dragster, and those aren't built to last.

riced out dragsters?? :o excuse me Late i agree on sum of ur posts but this one proves ur jus an idiot when it cums 2 imports do u even know wat a "ricer" is? apparently u don't......lemme help u know wat a "ricer" is :) ........a ricer is a kid/adult with a civic,eclipse,integra..etc import in general that has a body kit and thats it and sumtimes jus an exhaust but a ricer is a kid/adult with an import that has a body kit and thats it THATS a ricer ........ jus cuz u get stomped by a 4banger with a body kit thats highly modified don't mean u gotta get all PMS'y and call it a ricer :lol::lol::P a ricer isn't jus an import thats y i love doggin u dumbass domestic ppl's bout cars cuz u don't know shit u jus talkin shit cuz we 4 bangers r eating up ur stupid worthless v8's :D:D:D:D ty my pe@ce is coming back 2 me now

Insults coming from a tough guy street racer. You and your hommies are the reason why the goddamned insurance rates are so high. You and your tricked our 4 bangers with those rediculous exhausts and ground effect lighting and decals and whale tails. Racing since you were 15? To me, you and your people have everything to prove except an intellect. If you put any 4-cylinder with 100 grand invested against a Lingenfelter Corvette, you'd get smoked. 0-60 in under 3 seconds and the quarter mile in under 9, maybe V8s arent so bad. And thats without NOS.

Insults coming from a tough guy street racer. You and your hommies are the reason why the goddamned insurance rates are so high. You and your tricked our 4 bangers with those rediculous exhausts and ground effect lighting and decals and whale tails. Racing since you were 15? To me, you and your people have everything to prove except an intellect. If you put any 4-cylinder with 100 grand invested against a Lingenfelter Corvette, you'd get smoked. 0-60 in under 3 seconds and the quarter mile in under 9, maybe V8s arent so bad. And thats without NOS.
yes v8s can fast, but so can 4-bangers.

only the stage three lingenfelter vette does sub 3 0-60. you can make a civic extremely fast for less than 30g. i know im going to get flamed for this. no it has no prestige, and no it will not be luxurious. it can be reliable if you tune correctly, it will be fast, and it will be able to handle.

i agree that street racing is dumb and the culture that comes with it is a bit annoying. but the 'rice' can be made fast if the time and knowledge are used well with it.

if u "supposedly" owned a murcielago and a TVR y the hell would u care worrying bout insurance when ur an idiot for payin nearly $300k for a vehicle when u can easily make a blazin fast import for 1/16th of the money into a 4banger and whipp up ur precious lambo....and sry 2 say i don't havva "whale tail, ground effected illuminated 4banger witha rediculous exhaust" i got real shit like the RIPPmods supercharger and leaving everything else stock except the cam gears, rods, pistons and pulley's so my eclipse isn't a "ricer" cuz it ain't an "all-show-no-go" true ricer its a pretty damn kick ass 3g eclipse 4bang'd not many owners have had the 3g eclipse 4 bang'd up near 260-280hp without going over 10psi and lingenfelter's ain't the shit i've beat one by a mere margin in b-ham ala at the race track in my 3kgt vr-4 =D so take that in ur tiny shriveled exhaust pipe and shove it all u do is buy expensive cars and then think ur god witha pos that ain't even wortha money u jus spent on it i hope u get owned by a 4 banger or a "ricer" as u would call it and u should tell me when it happens cuz i'm jus gonna chuckle at ur "godlyness" with ur lambo ooooooh i'm scared of it lol

you have to admit, lamborghini offers a pretty good package, not my taste, but look at it this way.

Sure, for 1/10 the price you could make some rice that's close to as fast, might handle almost as well, but it won't be half as easily driven, has none of the feel, and needs to be totally overhauled every how many miles, like 10? nothing on an economy car was ever intended for that abuse, and it shows.

Why the hell would I care about car insurance, you ask. Maybe because I couldn't always afford it. You know, just because someone is wealthy, doesn't mean that they just throw money around because they can. Thats part of the reason why their rich, its that outlook on money.

if u "supposedly" owned a murcielago and a TVR y the hell would u care worrying bout insurance when ur an idiot for payin nearly $300k for a vehicle when u can easily make a blazin fast import for 1/16th of the money into a 4banger and whipp up ur precious lambo....and sry 2 say i don't havva "whale tail, ground effected illuminated 4banger witha rediculous exhaust" i got real shit like the RIPPmods supercharger and leaving everything else stock except the cam gears, rods, pistons and pulley's so my eclipse isn't a "ricer" cuz it ain't an "all-show-no-go" true ricer its a pretty damn kick ass 3g eclipse 4bang'd not many owners have had the 3g eclipse 4 bang'd up near 260-280hp without going over 10psi and lingenfelter's ain't the shit i've beat one by a mere margin in b-ham ala at the race track in my 3kgt vr-4 =D so take that in ur tiny shriveled exhaust pipe and shove it all u do is buy expensive cars and then think ur god witha pos that ain't even wortha money u jus spent on it i hope u get owned by a 4 banger or a "ricer" as u would call it and u should tell me when it happens cuz i'm jus gonna chuckle at ur "godlyness" with ur lambo ooooooh i'm scared of it lol
dude, this may seem a bit hypocritical of me(i'm too lazy to reach for the shift key), but i have to call you out on this one. could you please break up your posts into a more readable format. sentences and maybe even paragraphs? it makes it harder for us to understand what the hell your saying and you lose credibility when you combine it with instant messanging vernacular.
imagine if you had to keep up with him saying that, lol :D

haha thas not kewl but yeah i sorta run my mouth alot when i talk but hey i can't help it

i'm around my gf's alot of the day and they usually blondes

so they tend to turn me to bad habits like excessive blabbin jus

2 even havva chance to get a word in. but that was very funny fox i can

take a joke unlike most ppl and how am i doin with my typin now? hehe

this one proves ur jus an idiot when it cums 2 imports do u even know wat a "ricer" is?

Whos' the idiot? Not me. I drive two " imports " if you can't read whats in my carpool. I know what a " ricer " is, and have even explained what would qualify as one in another post. And that Eclipse is indeed a ricer, and so is every car in your posession apparently. That does not have to be a bad thing, but what I said about those cars is the truth. They are not built for flexibility, or longterm durability. Not well balanced at all.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...