EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
tallwingedgoat

Concours d'Elegance, worth going?

Empfohlene Beiträge

tallwingedgoat
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

For those in California, the Concours d'Elegance is this weekend at the Pebble Beach golf course. Is this event worth going? I like classic cars, but $100 a ticket is pricy. Might be fun if there are enough celebrities.

BTW the new Ford GT and Lambo Gallardo are up for auction, I think there's a Maybach there also.

http://www.pebblebeachconcours.net

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

it's the masters, the wimbledon, the most prestigious of car shows. Not the meatiest by any means, but it is where the whose who hob knob, it's the old fashion type, pay homage to the old, and welcome in the new. Look for everyone important in cars and a lot of otherwise to be there, as well as seeing cool stuff.

i could justify the price.

tallwingedgoat
Geschrieben

Sounds interesting, I'll go if I can get away this weekend.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Those Concours cars are just begging for a good run down. The people who own them are more into the monetary value and " floss factor " of those cars. You can keep a car beautiful without turning it into a trailer queen.

I'm all for keeping a car beautiful, but if it comes down to driving it, or just standing around staring at it and waxing it - I'm gonna drive it.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

concours d'elegance is about parading the beauty of a car on a pedestal, to see it art over entertainment and transportation.