EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2004 Ford Lightning Concept

Mongrel

Empfohlene Beiträge

DJFux said soemthing about putting a turbocharger into his 1994 Civic 1.6 DOHC. How? GReddy doesn't even have a kit for his car.

i dont have a civic??? what are you talking about???

But I did what you asked me and you know what I came up with? Modded kits scrapped together from a yunkjard and made D16 possible. So GReddy doesn't have any D16 kits. And to be honest, I'd rather go the extra lenght and spend some more to be sure I have a good kit then some home made, 2nd hand do it yourself kit.

then i guess you would love to spend money on a kit someone else thought out for you, instead of doing the work yourself. comon im sure if you asked you dad he would tell you how to peice one together.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 152
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Okay I got you two mixed up. Anywaz bleh said this 2 pages back:

you can buy a turbo kit for my car at $1k (greddy) which is know as one of the most reliable kits out there as long as you dont turn the boost up.

So bleh started the nonsense about $1k and bleh started that nonsense about turbocharging his civic while GReddy doesn't even have chargers for his car.

Well I would tell my dad to order the parts for me, but that's just about it. But then again my dad is retired :) I think it would be hard to order parts while ur in Greece.

do not have any chargers for the D16 range.
So bleh started the nonsense about $1k and bleh started that nonsense about turbocharging his civic while GReddy doesn't even have chargers for his car.
can you feel it???

here it comes!!

ready....

and....

THE SMACK DOWN: part#11550021A Civic EX VTEC 1992-95 TD40H-15G $1,995.95

Includes - Cast Mani, FCU, Air Intake, piping, hoses oil lines and misc. hardware.

the d16z6(the engine in my car) is from a 94 civic ex. i have a friend who has bought this kit wholesale at $1k. i dont feel like writing a bible on the mistakes youve made in this thread. just please be quiet. sleep on it. cool down a little, because your emotions are making you look stupid. ive read your posts on other threads, you are not.

No your Civic has a D16A6 engine while the VTEC has a D16ZC engine. The ZC is an equilivant of the A1 not the A6. But then again I guess I'm wrong on that aswell huh? Well yeah I would say the same.
hahahah no i can read my engine code!! hahahahaha no it says d16z6. my car does have vtec. i just never felt the need to advertise it.

Sure, I would say the same. My car has a VTEC aswell and while we're at it, it has VANOS too. Anywayz this is going nowhere, at this point you guyz are making stuff up just to be right, while you are dead wrong. Come up with soemthing new or I won't reply anymore.

alright. so is everything ok? no hard feelings? i was starting to worry about any packages i would recieve within the next month. im sorry i was such a dick. i really shouldve been more diplomatic.

over here, since there are so many stupid acronyms for variable timing. everyone just calls it 'lift'.

what are you talking about making stuff up? see this is the problem with editing posts. i didnt see you write that until now.

No cause i'm pretty darn sure that it said 1994 Civic 1.6 DOHC. Things like that do not slip by me, I have an eye for detail. Or it was someone else, anywayz somebody here as a damn 94 Civic 1.6 DOHC and I'm gonna find out who.

did you read fox's post? he touched on a few things you were a bit off about. the b16 didnt come to the US in a civic until 99. you dont have to believe me. but everone that knows what i say is true will think your a bit thick headed.

whether you like civics or not doesnt matter. you can boost a civic reliably. for under the cost of a new car. why should i come up with something new when you can not prove to me that i am wrong. the reason you cant is because i am not.

No cause a 1994 Civic costs 1k5 over here and the greddy kit is still over the price of it. Second the GReddy kit is mediocre to say the least, it doesn't do much for your engine then raise the pressure a few bar. A decent kit still costs more then the car.

And while you may say differently, factuly I am still right. I never said anything about the production date of the B16, The only thing I ever said about the B16 is the price it would take to get a professional kit for it. Wether it's B16 or D16 doesn't matter much in price. Except, like I've said earlier, if you want some decent performance gain you would have to lower the compression of a D16 engine where as a B16 engine doesn't need that.

And I still haven't seen any magic turbo's for under $1k auro, except you claim somebody sold it to a buddy of yours for under to retail price. And I stil haven't seen any proof of a engine for $300. Which you also claim.

But you know I am not going to par take into this tug of war with things that might have happend and information that is not complete or made up at the last momment. The things I said and the prices I posted are hard facts. Nothing made up and nothing incomplete. If you want to keep thinking that you could charge a engine for under $1k, well you do that. I have better thigns todo, like sleep.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Mongrel,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
No cause a 1994 Civic costs 1k5 over here and the greddy kit is still over the price of it. Second the GReddy kit is mediocre to say the least, it doesn't do much for your engine then raise the pressure a few bar. A decent kit still costs more then the car.

raise the pressure a few bar?!?! :o:o that would be really impressive. you know 1 bar is 14.7psi right? and i think the point that bleh was trying to get across is it doesnt matter that a "decent" kit (even though homemade is much more effective and much cheaper) cost more than the car, his point was that you could boost the car for under the price of OTHER cars. a turbo civic would put out some reasonable HP, while still being affordable.

But you know I am not going to par take into this tug of war with things that might have happend and information that is not complete or made up at the last momment. The things I said and the prices I posted are hard facts. Nothing made up and nothing incomplete. If you want to keep thinking that you could charge a engine for under $1k, well you do that. I have better thigns todo, like sleep.

that kit he posted looks like it has a reference number so im sure it came from a site where you could order it. what is the site called?

lastely, you arent going to have hard feelings about this discussion right gir? i mean i am absolutley done posting now that i am not being the one "attacked" im glad you realized i dont own a civic :D have more faith in me than that GIR :lol: no offence BLEH :D lets agree on this... we all love cars here. and end this looooooong thread. by the way is this the longest? or is there on longer? oh well. take care everyone, i am on a mission to find breakfast :D

that all depends on the final weight, ride height, and exact suspension setup. but i dont think anyone will consider a sports car. sports truck definetly, but i wouldnt feel very comfortable taking it on a track.

theres something about going through the twisties in a truck, that even when lowered, sits higher than my roof on my car at stock ride height. also i have been in a truck that flipped and i dont put my faith in them at all now.

the high ceter of gravity could definately make you uneasy pushing it too hard, i'll agree, but would you think twice about driving a porsche cayanne that hard throught the corners? i wonder how the two would stack up on a track course?

well, that is the question. See the Cayanne Turbo does 0-60 in 5.0 and runs through the slalom at 66mph, now i think the 500hp Lightning could follow it to 60 (or close), but can you drive a lightning as aggressively through the curves? Is it just in our heads, or is it actually different?

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...