EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2004 Ford Lightning Concept

Mongrel

Empfohlene Beiträge

Well, the difference between one big turbo and two smaller turbos can mean the difference between lag and no lag. But cars, and anything else often become something else when someone does something to it. Like a Ford Mustang is not considered a Ford Mustang after Saleen gets through with it, it's called a Saleen S351 or whatever.

Personally I think it's silly to refer to a car as something else just because it was modified, but if it's modified to a certain point it is something else - like what the Lighting is becoming.

If a Porsche Boxter had a 911 twin-turbo engine put into it, with a nitrous unit, I suppose because the engine is different, it could qualify as not a Boxter anymore. Perhaps it would be a " Mongrel 250 twin-turbo " - or maybe just " blown up " :D .

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 152
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

are you talking about the scene where the camers is in the supra and the lightning pulls up next to it and then pulls like 10 feet ahead? In that scene it seems like the supra is just cruising -- no hint of downshift or WOT..

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Mongrel,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema US Cars (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Blow off valves? Are those the same as pop off valves? And if so what would you do with a pop off valve on a civic... that is if you haven't mayorly over charged the damn thing. And if so why would anybody want to spend the time and money installing that kinda equipment on a civic?

And do people even realize that for the same money they spend on that equipment they could've gotten a way better car with out the need of spending time on it?

I mean those turbocharged japanese thingies are good and all and the highreving engine combined with a turbo does give a conciderable boost but totaly destroys the car within months. Why spend all the time and money on a car that's going to be dead in a short time anywayz?

Blow off valves? Are those the same as pop off valves? And if so what would you do with a pop off valve on a civic... that is if you haven't mayorly over charged the damn thing. And if so why would anybody want to spend the time and money installing that kinda equipment on a civic?

And do people even realize that for the same money they spend on that equipment they could've gotten a way better car with out the need of spending time on it?

I mean those turbocharged japanese thingies are good and all and the highreving engine combined with a turbo does give a conciderable boost but totaly destroys the car within months. Why spend all the time and money on a car that's going to be dead in a short time anywayz?

blow off valves dump excess boost after a turbo is spooled. the bov only dumps when throttle is significantly decreased or let off completely. its a safety precaution for detonation. you dont want the turbo spooled and still ramming air into your motor if you arent even at full throttle. and as for the same money vs. turbo car question. you can actually get an old civic and turbo it for around 4 grand for the kit. with that kit you will go around 200,000 on stock internals putting down close to 300whp. very reliably.

im sorry but your very wrong. idiots with turbos on na cars blow their motors. you can buy a turbo kit for my car at $1k (greddy) which is know as one of the most reliable kits out there as long as you dont turn the boost up. with a kit as weak as this a 80whp gain is average. the people i know with this kit have had it for over 50k miles and one has had it for over 70. they have had no problems with their cars. a junkyard turbo can be put together for hondas for much less than the price of the greddy and depending on how much research and tuning you do it can be just as reliable. see homemadeturbo.com.

their are more expensive kits that yeild more power but but with most civic engines 8 psi on stock internals begins to get risky. 8 psi with the right setup can yeild well over 250whp. i dont think thats bad at all for a 1.6l engine

you cant forget the biggest benifit of the bov though. since it releases the boosted pressure the turbo slows down at its own rate. if the pressure wasnt blown off the higher pressure air that has already gone through the turbo will now want to go back out the way it came slowing the turbo down. this was a problem with gti's since their diverter valve(same as bov, but it dumps back into the intake piping before the turbo and after the filter as opposed to open atmosphere). i have heard of stock gti's dropping .3 seconds in the quarter mile due to a diverter valve upgrade alone. this is plainly because not as much boost was lost between shifts.

what is a bypass system? and you must run an open atmosphere system if your filter is right on the turbo or if you dont have a filter at all. most piping leading to the turbo is pointless unless your engine bay is rediculously tight. theoretically a diverter valve is more efficient since the pressure on both sides of the turbo are equal but both are higher, where as the bov has atmospheric pressure on both sides of the turbo.

bypass valves are the same thing as diverters. different name. i understand that if you were running open inlet, or even a close filter you wouldnt be able to use the diverter system, but dont you think it would be better to make piping and keep the stetup?

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...