EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

should i turbo or supercharge my 2003 m3 e46

king56

Empfohlene Beiträge

You could. Who cares if a V10 wouldn't fit? I believe it was AC Schnitzer who shoehorned a modified 4.4 V8 into the E46 3-Series. Maybe it was someone else.

And BMW has already been using a V8 M3 in racing. Izzy, you're into racing, you know that right?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Damn right. Of course I nkow that. And you know what, they're abandoning the V6 on the production version as well. Come 2004, the new M3 will have an 350~365HP intercooled V8. The race-bred version of the M3 might start using a V10. They could fit a V10 under the M3's hood if they wanted to. All you gotta do is extend te front portion by half a foot or so.

If they extended the front a foot and a half, it would'nt be a 3-Series any longer, but a sled. And they never had a V6, you mean I-6.

How did they get a V8 M3 into racing anyway without building a road version? I thought the rules about that were strict, " build what you race. "

woops, my bad. Yes, I6 not V6. I'm so used to writing V6 I can't help it. It's like V8, or I4.

Well, if the rules are strict enough to prohibit that, then BMW mst ave found a way. Mabe they said that the road version was on it's way. And in reality, it really is on the way.

By the way, (and I don't mean to be a bitch about this, but...), it's actually "race what you build", not "build what you race"; but I guess that would work too.

The funny thing is, BMW is one of the only companies that doesn't need to turbocharge - and thus, in a way RUIN - their cars to get 240BHP. The next generation of BMW engines will use beter valve-timing, new catalytic conversion techniques, the 5 valves-per-cyl. DOHC design, and technologies I've never even heard of before, and that stuff alone should push the 3-litre Nat.Asp. 6-cyl. to over 240BHP, without compromising torque. WHY they opted for turbos when they have the most efficient ass-kickingest naturally aspirated engines in the world, is simply beyond my comprehension. They've done what every BMW enthusiast feared. I hope they can at least reduce turbo lag and smooth-out the conversion and transition, so they don't all of a sudden give us a Lama after years of training us with their horses.

• 1 Monat später...
If they extended the front a foot and a half, it would'nt be a 3-Series any longer, but a sled. And they never had a V6, you mean I-6.

How did they get a V8 M3 into racing anyway without building a road version? I thought the rules about that were strict, " build what you race. "

They had to promise to build a series produced M3 with a V8 engine, the BMW M3 GTR. It's not faster than the CSL though, as far as I know. But it's 350 HP. It especially distinguishes itself by the body kit.

www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/bmw_m3gtr.asp

www.bmwworld.com/models/m3_gtr.htm

I don't know how to make links, but on these websites there are some pics and specs, also of the racing version

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo king56,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

The GTR is the better racer. CSL has 15 extra horsepower (and if I remember correctly, more torque), but I read that it still has more or less the same performance. Obviously due to better gearing and weight loss.

Yeah, that might be, but honestly a BMW shouldn't look as suit up like the GTR Street version. You can do that with Japanese cars. I like the CSL better just from the looks. Performance wise I don't know. V8's are nice to drive, but the l6 is surely a wicked engine as well.

I think the looks of the GTR were pretty good too. I don't know, I guess that's a metter of opinion more than anything else. They all look good though, there's no doubting that.

BMW's expertise is renowned both in the I6 and the V8, so you can't miss with either one.

I think the GTR Strasse looks almost similar to the CSL at first look.... I'd go with either one. Though, the GTR Strasse is more rare than the CSL.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...