Letzter Beitrag:

Hi all, which hardtop convertible among these would you choose and why:

1) Mercedes SLK

2) Mercedes SL

3) Lexus SC430

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
GIR
Geschrieben

SLK is for women, it's small compact and looks feminime.

SL is bigger, faster and more agressive. A real mans choice :)

I never had a thing for Lexus, never drove one either. I always thought Lexus is nothing but a Mercedes wannabe but in the last few years their designs and quality has improvved dramaticaly. They're still copying Mercedes but with a little added personality of their own. I've never seen the quality of a Lexus but from what I hear it's what Mercedes was/should be.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

Lexus cars are built increibly well, touch and feel is very substantial. The interiors in general, switchgear especially looks like it came straight out of a toyota though (well, except for IS300). I have family with an SC430 and LS430, and a buddy with a GS430. Their 4.3L V8 engine seems to be powerful, mostly in the low to middle end though. Driving them is sorta blande. You feel very isolated, they ride well, but there is minimal feedback from anything, handling is pretty average. They are nice cars, just not very sporty feeling.

I give my nod to SL, it may be an overpriced boat, but it is sexy, it is fast, and has a hell of an image.

kristof
Geschrieben

I'll go for the slk, sl is for gays sc 430 isn't pretty

ets
Geschrieben

I would go for the SL, and if I could choose I would wan't the SL55 AMG, that's nice.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

I'd put my money in the market, grow it a bit while I wait for the SL65 to come out, and get that.

I don't car if it nearly 5,000lbs, with a twin-turbo V12 like the Type 12, that thing will fly!

GIR
Geschrieben

I'm sorry what did you say?! SL is for gays?! Are you sure you are not confusing the SL with the SLK? The SLK is the little one with lots round, sleek lines and small engines. The SL is the big one with all the hard, agressive lines and big engines.

Today I saw a black SL55 sitting on the occasions lot of a trader. I just couldn't help stepping on the breaks and gazing at it. What a beatifull car.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

SL55 is awsome, and is easily more attractive than the now dated styling of the SLK. I have to admit SLK32 AMG is an awsome car, but the lines of the car don't agree with me. My boxster is a feminine looking car, but it is not for women. Men like it because it is sexy.

bleh
Geschrieben
i think your confused. sl55amg is cutting edge in design and style. maybe thats why you think its gay?
SLK is for women, it's small compact and looks feminime.
i hope GIR is right and you are confused. i dont know, but i would think guys that drive bitch cars would be of the donut punching persuasion.

i would think the obvious answer in this poll is the sl. most prestige, most power, most luxurious, no point in going on. the only advantage the others have is that they do not cost as much, and that they are smaller.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

well, SLK was the original remember, back when SL had a 200+lb removable hardtop, I'd say it gets points for that, the fact it is half the price of SL is also nice, but the i'd say the SL is still better.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Same here, SL. SL55 AMG too.

The Lexus is shaped like a bar of soap, which isn't really my thing, but it might be good in other ways.

See Fox? Even you agree that Lexus, ( aka Toyota ) are quality cars. :)

SLK is kind of midgety.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

sure, lexuses are built well, so are toyotas, they have as much personality as a #2 pencil, but apparently someone identifies with that.

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Personality of a #2 pencil? Are you implying that I identify with it? :D

Actually, I think the Celica GT-S is one of the more flamboyant cars on the market, and to top that off it even has an optional aero kit, which I don't really dig, but still. If you want personality, you can have it with a Celica.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

i'm just saying people who support and defend toyotas are usually soccer mom's talking about reliability and how good the mileage is on their camry.

Someone has to buy all those toyotas that sell, so someone has to like boring.

The Celica GTS is meant to look ricey. The aerokit even more so. They are selling an image.

The 1.8L engine in Celica GT-S has the world's worst torque curve too.

colinsmith
Geschrieben

I know that it is not really a convertible, but I will go on the theory that a hartop convertible has a hardtop that can be removed and stored in the car, not like a jeep where the hardtop cannot be kept with the car. I believe and you are going to agree with me that the ultimate hardtop convertible is The Koenigsegg.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

the CCV8 is the ultimate targa (hard top convertible). In fact, I think the targa layout of car is probably the best, it offers good saftey, convenience and weather tightness. It is also much lighter than a mercedes SL style retracting hardtop (and much less expensive).

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

Actually, a Targa is just a removable roof panel, and not a convertable at all. It does provide the best of both worlds though.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

you get the idea.