EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The end for BMW Z8, and the BMW M5 E39.

Dresol

Empfohlene Beiträge

The BMW Z8 is one of the most beautiful car BMW ever have created. I remember the first time I saw the Z8 on The Geneva Motorshow. The car had (still as) a beautiful design and gorgeous lines. But the car was too heavy and too expensive and that is the reasons that made many buyers hesitate buying this car. The Z8 is rare, and if you ever spot one; take a good look, cause it is just gorgeous.

In the very beginning of July this year, the production of The BMW M5 stopped, and since the Z8 uses the same engine and so few Z8's were sold, the production stopped. No more Z8 will ever be produced.

But one thing keeps me wondering, how will the next BMW competing against Mercedes SL look like?

I still hope that it isn't Bangle that gets to design it....

What is your opinion about the retro-designed BMW Z8?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Anyone who likes the Z4 is probably not going to like the Z8 to the same degree and vice versa. The Z8 is a very nice looking car, but I was never undually attracted to it, in other words, I never dreamed of owning one. It would have been cool if they had built a hardtop version like one of the concept Z8s' they had, but nobody would have bought a closed model probably.

I think the Bangle era will play itself out and then pass. That will make way for the modern day renaissance of BMW.

This is old new.. but news none the less :)

I never liked the Z8, but the Hartge Z4 is a reall looker and killer.

The Z4 from Hartge is not that different from the original one..

Hartge know how to style some BMWs, but some have gotten this ugly styling that makes them look like they were in a crash or something.

The Z8 is beautiful, that's my opinion. If you've seen one for yourself, then you might at least support me a bit.

The thing is that the new Z4 is a big hit, but I still can't imagine how dull the upcoming M5 looks! DULL DULL DULL.

But the Z4 is a hit, the only car Bangle have gotten well so far. By the way, the BMW X3 is also a really ugly car and I still can't believe that BMW actually has decided that it's design are going to be on the production-model.

you know what would look perfect to me, take the E39 M5, which is a sexy and mean looking car, give it the ///M side grilles off E46 M3 and E60 M5, refresh the look a bit (like what they did to E46 for 2004), that would be ideal.

But the lighter and more powerful E60 has got performance, and that is hard to argue with.

The Z8 will eventually be replaced by M1. M1 will have the V10 midmounted and a curb weight under 3000lbs.

Yeah, cool isn't it?

The only reason the Z4 is a " hit " is because there is no other car to choose, like picking a president when all the available canidates suck.

If the M Coupe was still around and the price was lowered to be competitive with the Z4, M Coupes' would be the hit, and the Z4 would get no love, you can be sure of that. Just because the Z4 sells does not mean Bangle got it right, it's still styling garbage, sales volume and goodness are not one in the same.

The Z4 from Hartge is not that different from the original one..

Hartge know how to style some BMWs, but some have gotten this ugly styling that makes them look like they were in a crash or something.

The Z8 is beautiful, that's my opinion. If you've seen one for yourself, then you might at least support me a bit.

The thing is that the new Z4 is a big hit, but I still can't imagine how dull the upcoming M5 looks! DULL DULL DULL.

But the Z4 is a hit, the only car Bangle have gotten well so far. By the way, the BMW X3 is also a really ugly car and I still can't believe that BMW actually has decided that it's design are going to be on the production-model.

I've seen a few in my lifetime and I just don't like it, sorry. The front and the big square bubble like roof at the back just don't do it for me. It's a car designed specificly for women if you ask me, same with the MB SLK. And I agree with you on the M5 and X3, they both are ugly and dull. They look way too tame for a BMW.

Up untill Bangle got in the design game all BMW cars used too look like they are trying to say: "Get out my way or I'll eat you alive!".

Bangle's designs look like they're more civilized and geeky, they look like they're trying to say: "If it's isn't a problem for you, would you please get out my way next chance you get, please".

the old bimmers were sharks, autobahn eaters, they said "I'm boss, and if you want to fight me, I'll eat you alive". They said "I'm cool and suave". The new ones say "Look, my car is nifty huh guys?" and "I don't want to eat the road, just peacefully traverse it thank you" They say "I wanna be cool and artsy, look at me"

They have become stylistically a less sucessful Audi. No one wants that.

When i wanna drive a pansy looking car, i'm sure toyota has plenty of models to hook me up with. I want something that says I am hardcore driving. The Bangle designs don't say that.

BMW went from Badass to Big-Ass.

Truly Sad.

Speaking of Audi, how is it that no one ever makes note of the fact that Audi styling is perpetually stale. No other German maker makes a bland front or back end like Audi, if it weren't for the four rings on the grill, it could very well be the model for the " basic car ".

Their interiors are nice, but mostly because they have shown particular courage in experimenting with unusual materials and colors.

I WANT BMW'S KILLER ON A MISSION IMAGE BACK!

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Dresol,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Me too damnit!

Audi's are blande, unoffense, sort of artsy. They are, atleast to me, what bangle wants for BMW - only done better.

Mercedes has timeless classy and stiff styling. BMW used to be the shark. Now they are the peacock of cars.

I owned a '99 A4, it was a good car, that was back before they assimilated A4, and A4 actually had some distinguishing features.

Their interiors are classy, functional, and attractive, simply well done. Mercedes' may be flashier, BMW's may be more bat-mobile, Saab's may be more functional, Volvo's more modern, Jaguar's more attractive, Audi just brings it all together pretty well. They might be blande, but they aren't ugly, so I say that puts them one up the the bangle bimmers.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...