EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Dealer stickers

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Am I the only one who is annoyed by these stickers? I mean you pay alot of cash to buy a car and if that is not enough they have to stamp on some cheap sticker on the back of your car for some advertising. I wouldn't want to back of my car ruined by some stupid sticker.

That goes for any sticker btw. I once had a fight with the manager of a themepark because they had to use my car as a cheap advertising tool and stamp their stickers on my NEW (I barely had it 4 months) car. I was so mad that I was about to break my fist on his jaws wasn't it that he offered to have the sticker removed professionaly and a new paintjob if needed.

Why is it that some people think they have the right to ruine other people's property by putting their cheap useless crap on it?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Right on! And they make YOU pay for that crap too, something called " dealer prep ". I see Jeeps around town with spare tire covers on the back that read O'DANI - I won't say it, I don't want to give the dealer any free plug. They seem to think it's their right to advertise all over your car. If the're going to do that they better be paying YOU.

I have'nt had a problem with that, but if I did, I would chisle that stuff off right down to the licence plate frame.

i am opposed to stickers for dealers. it is wrong. i can stand if they are classy about it, like my land rover has a picture of a moose, the land rover logo, and then says willow grove underneath. That doesn't bug me. All 2003 land rovers have the moose spare tire cover, it has the land rover logo, and the name of the town the dealer is in. In minnesota, we have ones with the exact same tire cover, except it says "Eden Prairie". That is a whole hell of a lot classier than a sticker. Honda dealers are the worst of all. their stickers are enormous and gaudy. If someone put a sticker on my car, not only would i rage at them, I'd get my sticker with my signature on it and stamp it on their head and ask how they liked it?

My jaguar has a winged emblem centered on the trunk above the steel jaguar bezel, and says PHILPENN on it, which is the name of the dealer. The silver winged emblem looks nice on the car, you honestly don't even realize it is there. I have noticed most BMW and merc. dealers will only use liscence plate holders with their name on them.

PhilPenn Jaguar offers to take the emblem off for free and remove all adheasive residue from the paint. We elected not to go through the trouble, because i personally like how it looks.

Most dealers in NL have those stickers now. My dealer, ASV, has a real classy one. Atleast it transparent so it doesn't mess with the color. Most stickers I've seen aren't transparent, so you get a red sticker on a black car or worse yet a white sticker on a black car.

The sticker of the themepark was yellow. Yellow on silver paint.. how great that looked. According to ricer laws I had to have 20bhp extra just because of the sticker :)

Everytime I'm behind a car with a dealer sticker I get annoyed as hell, don't these people realize they paid a fair amount of money for their car and their dealer stamps on a sticker as if they have the right todo so?! I'd ask for a discount or something.

And yes BMW and Merc dealers seem to be really big on these stickers over here aswell.

well, hell, if we are using the ricer method to calculate horsepower, chinese mike's mechanically stock sticker coated and led clad accord should be out to show mclaren who is boss.

well, here atleast bimmer and merc dealers seem to be pretty discrete about their stickers, chevy, ford, honda, and toyota are the worst, but people who drive those cars are perhaps less anal about such things.

PhilPenn's is nice, i like it. better yet is how land rover standardized theirs, i give them respect for that.

More companies should do that.

I had a "George W. Bush 2000" sticker, red and blue on a teal green A4.

Talk about angry. I had to use goo gone on my car, then strip it and wax it again. Not to mention I am not W's biggest fan.

i didn't know who put the sticker on. it could have been some random unaffiliated bush supporter. it could have been someone thinking they were being funny, it could have been some person in my local republican party (if that were the case, I would have happily gone down there to raise some hell) but I just didn't know.

Most people who drive domestic vehichles and are not really " car people " and just want a new model car every few years when their lease is up probably don't care too much that the dealer sticks that stuff all over, even the annoying little windshield stickers with the dealer's name on them that remind you when to get an oil change, but most cars are not real cars but merely " product ".

Thats why I don't have a whole lot of respect for dealers, they just push product. A dealer ad for a Jeep Grand Cherokee I read once said something like - PW, PL, CC, Moonroof, 4.0 L V-6.

I could tell them Grand Cherokee never had a V-6 and I don't even sell em'.

I think some people are mentally conditioned to think every six-cylinder is a " V-6 " because they hear it so much, with no thought to the configuration. Like calling every cola a " Coke ".

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Verschiedenes über Autos (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I don't think the average person knows the first thing about engine layout. It's like those ricer kids, I see many Honda's with DOHC stickers on the back but when you ask these people who think they are "ultra mechanics and super racers" what DOHC is, what it does and why it's different from SOHC they'll just say: "Because it gives you more power!". Well needless to say that these kinda of people ruine the rep of people who do know what they are talking about and do know howto tune a Japanese car properly. Yes there are some Rice lovers who do know what they are talking about, unfortunatly it's a very very very small group.

that is why i love tuning european cars. The vast majority of people tuning BMWs, Mercs, Jags, Audis, Volvos, and the like acutally know a great deal mechanically about their cars.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...