EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

CLS

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

b_07.jpg

b_08.jpg

The usual MB engines are to be expected, very little is known about the car.

This photo could be a fake however, look howfar the passanger seat is set back in the second picture, it could be to compensate for some addition in the back. It looks like a crossbreed of a CLK and a S. The only difference between the S class seems to be the B pillar.

I don't think MB will call this car the CLS or CLE, it competes directly with cars in their own lineup and could hurt the sales of other lines. I think this is the new rumoured S class.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

mercedes, in trying to estalbish trademark features in their lines has done a few things.

their coupes, the S class based CL and C class based CLK both now have no B pillar, also they have the mercedes emblem on the grille, instead of as a hood ornament.

Sedans have the hood ornament and a conventional B pillar. There was a whole bit about it in the articel in motor trend introducing the new CLK.

I don't know, this is suspicious if you ask me.

It's gotten to the point that just about every Mercedes looks alike, it's hard to tell a C from an E at fifty paces. I believe in keeping a family resemblance but jeez. What ever this car is it definitely needs a butt lift.

you all do realize that someone took a picture of a CLK, stretched it a bit, and dropped in rear doors. Everything else on there but the rear doors is characteristic CLK.

That was my first though aswell, but maybe it has some merit because it kinda looks like a MB prototype drawing of the new S class I saw a few weeks back. I'll see if I can dig them up.

But still, the picture has a few flaws and indeed it looks very much like the CLK.

the issue is that it has 4 doors and no standing star hood ornament. that is the new merc trademark, only 2 door cars get the 3 point star on the grille. It looks like someone spliced parts from the CLK and S together. Also, on a sedan with a long roofline, you would compromise structural rigidity by not having a B-Pillar. Mercedes is way too big on safety to ever do that.

Unless they built the roof structure so stiff they felt okay to do away with a B-piller altogether. You know how hot the makers are about claiming the latest model is 200% more rigid than the last. What was the last model made of, spagetti?

well, they can be tricky. You can make it more rigid in some directions easily. Lets look at it like this. Say in a given situation the chasis on the old one flexed .0001", the new one does it .00005 inches. Maybe not that extreme, but it isn't that amazing. If you took out the B pillar, you would have no direct support for the majority of the roof. If you roll the car, don't tell me they have a way to make it just as strong. The curve of the roof is going to want to give.

Something to consider though, they can build structures to redirect and dissipate any load put upon it. ( like man handling a Veyron around corners. :D ) Such as the wing of a Boeing 747 or any other large plane, the wing supports the weight of the fusalage, engines, and holds thousands of pounds of fuel but does not snap. No struts required.

a 747 also has a gross take off weight of over 860.000lbs. Its wings flex over 2 feet at the tips in flight, and has a titanium reinforced aluminum alloy trussel layout frame. It is not light at all. If you had the money that goes into a jetliner wing to play around with in building a car, you'd be foolish to spend it on the roof.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Mercedes (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Theres' a big cost difference between a 747's wing and the roof of a car, so I can see them coming up with something like that. A and C-pillars with 2x beefed up structure, it doesn't seem too far fetched really.

I agree with fox here and after looking at those pictures closely I have come to the conclusion that they are fakes, the design of the car just isn't consistent.

Although it has to be a sedan it looks like a coupe with a little bit extra at the back, to compensate for this little extra the passenger seat is set way back while the driver seat is way to the front.

Look at the size of the backdoors, they are very small, too small incomparison with the front doors and way too small for MB. MB has always been about luxury and comfort, there's now way MB would ever fit doors that small on something with and S in it. I think somebody just took a CLK, streched the midlle a little bit, added lines for the doors and played around with the headlights.

If it is supposed to be a something like the S class then that roof will not hold out. If that car ever lands on it's head during a crash then all the people inside it can pretty much forget it, they will be dead within minutes because the roof will buckle and the people in it will be squashed to death. With the wheelbase and the weight of an S class that car better have warp plasma routed through the main deflector or something cause the structrure will not hold. Even if it's not in a crash the center of the roof will start to cave in slowly overtime.

Anywayz lets not talk about this car anymore, it's an obvious fake.

I don't doubt that the photos are tweaked on computer, but I wouldn't be suprised if MB were considering a pillarless design for future use. Mergers can make one do funny things.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...