EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

What is the Best S.U.V. Ever?!?!?

dr.caddi revolution

Empfohlene Beiträge

:D PERSONALLY FOR STOCK THE RANGE ROVER IS SWEET, BUT I THINK THE KING OF SUV's IS THE CADILLAC ESCALADE BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!! YA KNOW, SLAP SOME 23 INCH LEXANI'S ON THERE WITH A CUSTOM GRILL A TV AND A WOOD DASH UPGRADE AND YOU GOT IT MADE KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

firstly, what the hell does this have to do with lamborghinis. Lambo doesn't make an SUV, they probably never will. It is the opposite of Range Rover, which is, by the way, a sophisticated, classy vehicle of excellent calibre with no purpose.

An escalade is little more than a Tahoe rebadged and retrimmed to be more ostentatious and less capable. I find nothing that special about that.

You're talking to the same guy who thinks the Murcielago crushes everything in appearance. Freak, you'd probably put 3 TVs' and 23" wheels on the Murci if you could. :wink:

are you kidding. there are ways to put 3 tvs and 23s. They do unfortuneately require a sawz-all. Some people would do that you know.

Escalade is the most goofy status symbol i can think of. Maybe if they gave it a V12..............

firstly, what the hell does this have to do with lamborghinis. Lambo doesn't make an SUV, they probably never will. It is the opposite of Range Rover, which is, by the way, a sophisticated, classy vehicle of excellent calibre with no purpose.

An escalade is little more than a Tahoe rebadged and retrimmed to be more ostentatious and less capable. I find nothing that special about that.

lambo did make several SUVs,and it will too

it has made LM002,LM001,LM003 and Chitah...and a new brand of SUV is comin' up with lambo Gallardo's engine :)

Seeing the original post has nothing todo with Lambo and has everything todo with S.U.V's in general I am moving this post the "Miscellaneous" forum.

BTW: sAmAn, as a Lambo fan don't you think that if Lambo ever decided to produce a S.U.V. that it would confirm the personality change and that Lambo isn't the raging bull it used ot be?

Out of all the freakin' SUVs' around the best would have to go to the originals, the Range Rover and the Jeep Grand Cherokee. Unless you really want to get UTILITY, in which case it might be the Hummer and Jeep Wrangler, or maybe one of those European 4x4 contraptions that are only used by the Swedish military or the Russians or something.

the swedish military. I could be wrong, but last I heard their only real presence is their air force (armed with the most sophisticated Saab Griphen fighter jets, which are among the best currently built).

If you want some good off roading, get a jeep or a land rover. By land rover, I mean discovery. Would you drive your 80k US range rover through hell, because I have a hard enough time taking my 45K US disco off road.

If lambo made an SUV, it would show that they succomed to the same VW influence that pressured porsche into doing it, and that their sporting spirit was corrupted.

lambo never made a production SUV. they claim they never will. I hope they aren't lieing.

I have never heard of any official word on the Gallardo V10 going anywhere but Gallardo. Some people put it in an audi, that is sketchy, no one i've seen puts it in an SUV. It is tuned for high end torque and lacks bottom end, it is about the least optimal choice for an SUV.

the escalade is a joke. so are suv's unless your one of the 4% of owners that actually get the practicality out of them. how many suv owners go offroading? and how many actually tow anything?

think of what it would be like if the fad was minivans......... ja rule in his villager, 50 cent in his caravan, sean paul rocking out the windstar... you can fit more hos in a minivan and probably bigger tv's too...........

Seeing the original post has nothing todo with Lambo and has everything todo with S.U.V's in general I am moving this post the "Miscellaneous" forum.

BTW: sAmAn, as a Lambo fan don't you think that if Lambo ever decided to produce a S.U.V. that it would confirm the personality change and that Lambo isn't the raging bull it used ot be?

ya i think u r right,but if they done good job no matter,4 example LM002 was a well done job with 0-60:7.8 and max speed:230

and it was the fastest SUV till Cayenne born!

i personaly hate the Audi's plans on lambo :x

the swedish military. I could be wrong, but last I heard their only real presence is their air force (armed with the most sophisticated Saab Griphen fighter jets, which are among the best currently built).

If you want some good off roading, get a jeep or a land rover. By land rover, I mean discovery. Would you drive your 80k US range rover through hell, because I have a hard enough time taking my 45K US disco off road.

If lambo made an SUV, it would show that they succomed to the same VW influence that pressured porsche into doing it, and that their sporting spirit was corrupted.

lambo never made a production SUV. they claim they never will. I hope they aren't lieing.

I have never heard of any official word on the Gallardo V10 going anywhere but Gallardo. Some people put it in an audi, that is sketchy, no one i've seen puts it in an SUV. It is tuned for high end torque and lacks bottom end, it is about the least optimal choice for an SUV.

check this out...see the SUVs,all the stats and pics(if u dont believe)

there are 7 models of lambo SUV,and LM002 was PRODUCTION CAR

and it was the fastest SUV with countach's engine till Cayenne did its job!

http://www.lambocars.com/framed/lm/lm.htm

and if dont believe that lambo is gonna build a new SUV with Gallardo's engine,so check this out

http://www.lambocars.com/framed/newlm.htm

or check this

http://www.autoweek.com/search/search_display.mv?port_code=autoweek&cat_code=carnews&content_code=05935169&Search_Type=STD&Search_ID=1378247&record=1

and if u wanna c LM002's video too u can download it form:

http://www.kldconcept.com/vd/lm002.zip

i have sad news. IF (yes IF) the Gallardo V10 sees production, it's rendition of the Touareg/Cayanne is going to be branded an audi (it is questionable as whether audi will use it's 4.2L Biturbo or the V10). Lambo never made a PRODUCTION suv. YOu are looking out to like 2007. I don't think I'll see the bull on any SUV any time soon.

i have sad news. IF (yes IF) the Gallardo V10 sees production, it's rendition of the Touareg/Cayanne is going to be branded an audi (it is questionable as whether audi will use it's 4.2L Biturbo or the V10). Lambo never made a PRODUCTION suv. YOu are looking out to like 2007. I don't think I'll see the bull on any SUV any time soon.

:D:lol:

hey,why dont u wanna believe???

what is wrong with u????????????????????

lambo has made more than 300 LM002s and more other brands...

and if u read the article on autoweek(that i post its URL),u understood that lambo will make an SUV with Gallardo's engine,u can urself search from yahoo or google to see that what is gonna happen :x

Perhaps you could be a little more civil in your posts?

it is one of a number of concepts being looked at by volkswagen, a number of VW concepts people SWORE would be produced that have been killed, what is to make me believe this isn't just another one of them.

Ok, A production car is not we made 300 of them over a few years, production is we regularly produced this vehicled in regimented numbers and sold them.

Lamborghini is just another automaker, just because they do something, it doesn't automatically make it the best. Moreover they are now owned by volkswagen, and VW is taking large control in their cars. I think they are becoming another VW brand name.

I hope to hell that Lambo is not making any SUV. That would be moronic, diluting their sporting heritage, tearing down their prestige, and an ultimate sign that they no longer make the most wild supercars, but are just another tame makes SUVs for snobs VW brand name.

I can't understand why anyone who ever liked or respected lamborghini, and all they have standed for would ever want them to make an SUV.

Perhaps you could be a little more civil in your posts?

it is one of a number of concepts being looked at by volkswagen, a number of VW concepts people SWORE would be produced that have been killed, what is to make me believe this isn't just another one of them.

Ok, A production car is not we made 300 of them over a few years, production is we regularly produced this vehicled in regimented numbers and sold them.

Lamborghini is just another automaker, just because they do something, it doesn't automatically make it the best. Moreover they are now owned by volkswagen, and VW is taking large control in their cars. I think they are becoming another VW brand name.

I hope to hell that Lambo is not making any SUV. That would be moronic, diluting their sporting heritage, tearing down their prestige, and an ultimate sign that they no longer make the most wild supercars, but are just another tame makes SUVs for snobs VW brand name.

I can't understand why anyone who ever liked or respected lamborghini, and all they have standed for would ever want them to make an SUV.

at first u said that lambo never made any SUV and after u said LM002 was not a Production car,and now u r sayn' that 300 cars of one brand is not a prodution car and we must not say that LM002 was a lambo...

if u think in this way,so Lambo GT and GTR and SE30 and Miura Jota and Miura Roadster and Murcielago barchetta and etc,was not and is not a lambo...is it??

i know all of the cars in the world are related cars of other companies,

for example Bugatti and Lambo and Porsche are related cars of VW

and Ferrari and Maserati and Alfa are related cars of FIAT,

and rover,mg,rolls royce are related cars of BMW...

c,all the remarkable cars are related to other remarkable cars as BMW,VW,FIAT...so dont think only lambo is the first and the last related car in the world,can u say Ferrari is a Fiat????

of course not,so dont say lambo is VW

it is still italian remarkable Supercar

and again,

Ferrari dont needs to produce SUV coz it has produced it as Maserati(hope u have seen it) and Ferrari can earn money from producing its SUVs as maserati

Porsche on its own doesn't have related car,so it produced its own SUV as its own name...The Cayenne

And way B4 these lambo have made SUVs and to earn much money it decided to produce another SUV too,like porsche lambo has no related car,so it can produce its SUV the way it can...

Volkswagen is much too heavy handed in there involvment with Lamborghini, the Bentley coupe, the Bugatti name, everything. They just can't seem to keep their dirty mitts off. It seems they create a goofy 16-cylinder, over weight, soap bar styled car for every label they own. VW is a virus. Wheres' the cure?

Naturally Only 4 companies on earth can do battle with a dirty animal like Volkswagen (who infects all of their branches with ugly SUVs and W16 cars that all look just alike in different colors)

The 800lb Gorilla, GM: If GM could get themselves into the 21st century, they could be a player at getting real cars out. They have shown some of the worst styling taste (Cadillac CTS, Pontiac Aztek, Chevrolet SSR), and some questionable engineering (Cadillac Sixteen) but cars like Cien bring us hope. GM is likely not interested in a full frontal against VW, they cater to different markets

Jack of all Trades, Ford: Ford has auto makers everwhere cars are made, germany, england, sweden, japan, the US, Italy, they've got em everywhere. If they could get their act together, Ford has shown they aren't afraid of developing new technology, they need more vision in development, but they get huge points for not infecting their respective brands with their personal philosophy of automaking. Do you see the Jaguar SUV, if VW had bought them, you would have, and it would look just like touareg.

The hybrid, Daimler Chrysler, so far their mercedes line has only seen moderate corruption in secondary materials. ML class workmanship is about the worst around, but they're trying to fix it. Chrysler has a never ending string of succesful cars and is improving quality. Crossfire was a mistake, but Pacifica and 300C promise to be huge hits. Making Maybach the Franken-S-Class may have been a mistake.

The beast from the east, Toyota: Toyota has shown they have the engineering to make first class cars in nearly all respects, but that their project planners are fools, making cars that only excel in one aspect, and are too blande and unoffensive (or too specialized - IS300, MR2) to be considdered top of class. They try to keep their lexus division first class, and have kept their branding to themself.

VW is just like any other huge automaker. They get around. Too bad their symtoms are worse than that of Ford, or better yet they were less contagious like Toyota or DC. It could be worse, they could make all of their cars share parts like GM, oh wait, they already do.

sAmAn, you are starting to bug me man. Maserati showed a concept of an SUV, they NEVER, repeat NEVER said they had production intentions. The only Maserati I know of confirmed for new production is the Quattroporte. Why do you want sporting car makers to corrupt decades of purity, of design heritage, of prestige in compromising like this. I see it as a tragedy.

I nearly cried when I saw the first cayanne on the streets.

If someone defamed Enzo Ferrari's legacy by putting his name on an SUV, I'd get sick. If someone slapped Colin Chapman in the face by puting he Lotus seal on an SUV, i'd loose faith in automakers. If someone destroyed the sport lineage of Jaguar, kicked Sir William Lyons' vision of luxury in the balls, I'd key it. I don't care what VW does to their cars anymore, I just won't buy one. I am encouraging family and freinds not to buy anything VW.

back to the origional post: this is pretty funny....

super escalade:

Vehicle type: front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door truck

Price as tested: $126,620 (base price*: $124,500)

Engine type: twin-turbocharged and intercooled pushrod 16-valve V-8, aluminum block and heads, GM/LPE engine-control system with port fuel injection

Displacement: 428 cu in, 7008cc

Power (SAE net): 700 bhp @ 5200 rpm

Torque (SAE net): 740 lb-ft @ 4600 rpm

Transmission: 4-speed automatic with lockup torque converter

Wheelbase: 130.0 in

Length: 221.4 in

Curb weight: 5709 lb

Zero to 60 mph 4.0 sec

Zero to 100 mph: 11.1 sec

Zero to 130 mph: 21.2 sec

Street start, 5-60 mph: 4.5 sec

Standing 1/4-mile: 12.7 sec @ 106 mph

Braking, 70-0 mph: 182 ft

Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.83 g

EPA fuel economy, city driving: 11 mpg

*Base price includes all performance-enhancing options.

i cant get the picture to work but i got the information from honda-tech

sport suv's are still a joke

but they get huge points for not infecting their respective brands with their personal philosophy of automaking.

In a way thats' true, Ford has been pretty easy on Jaguar. The XK and the last XJ-Series are a great thing. But I have noticed that even when a parent company is supportive of it's branch, like in the case of Ford and Jaguar, it doesn't take long before the parent company wants to start making it's money back with cheesy knockoffs. For example the S and X-Type cars may be fine machines, but they are not " true " Jaguars in the accepted sense of the word and they do nothing for Jaguar except make them more marketable.

And the new " XJ " screams boxy Ford built by Jaguar. Overtly Fordified in other words.

the new XJ is divergent in having a short hood and long roof, less curves, fordish no doubt, but the current XJ (old one) was the last car made by lyons, with him died real jaguars. What is left of the original essence is pretty nice though. they have soul. that, and they aren't bad cars mechanically or to drive.

• 2 Wochen später...

As for SUVs, I'm waiting for the V12 Range Rover with keen anticipation. Land Rover is still not sure whether it will be the BMW or Aston Martin engine. I'm rooting for Aston.

Expect price to be north of MB G-55 AMG.

well, i can tell you one thing for sure, BMW doesn't own land rover any more. There is no chance Ford is going to buy V12s from BMW. Not gonna happen.

It is a long shot to have a V12 in there. If GM dropped a V12 in escalade, I'm sure ford would drop their 5.9L unit used in Aston Martin.

You have to be totally lame to discuss SUV's on this site. The SUV is the most pointless, useless type of 'car' in the world. They are slow, thirsty, unsafe and a danger to other road users. Of course they sell well because peole are idiots and don't know what is good. I am distinguishing 4wd off-roaders from SUV's though - it is OK to buy such a car if you always drive off road or something but otherwise it's pointless. What is even funnier is the name: SPORT utility vehicle! HAHahahaha!!!. what's next? Sport Bus, or sport tractor????. Give me a break/

I hope this has been a fun post to read, now pls don't take it too seriously though... :roll:

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...