EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

BMW M5 vs. Jaguar S Type R

diesel2029

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all, I'm going to buy a new car next year and I'm trying to decide between these two models. Which one would you choose ??? Would you pick the newly redesigned 2005 M5 (500 HP V10) over the current Jag S Type R (400 HP V8. I know the Jag is like $10,000 cheaper, but the new M5 will have a more powerful engine.

Thanks.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Well I can't help you much, it's really upto your personal taste. If you ask for my oppinion then I'd go for the M5. The M5 gives you more value for your money and it's value will not drop as fast. I have to mention that I never had a thing for jags.

most germanic people hate jaguars, that is really something strange.

Is it britain in general, or just their cars.

I can tell you, i went to france once. I will never go back, and I have not liked the people, nor their cars since.

thats easy.the current m5 is still amutch better car.road n track tested it against new e55' s type R' and rs6 and the old m5 that debued in 97 still came in first.rs6 second.e55 3rd. stype R came in last.the new m5 will be untouchable in its class.

A V-10, I have to ask " whats' the point? " They mean to tell us that they can't build a V-8 that will make that much power? I have to wonder how pure the handling will be with a big engine like that up front, no to mention the styling is atrocious! :o

Also the maintenence expenses could be insane. The M5 is supposed to be a relatively attainable supercar, not the kind it's buyers are afraid to really drive because fixing it would wipe them out.

i have no doubts maintanance on anything that complex and with that exotic of fabrication means will be awful. The engine is very light although and will be mounted front midship - no handling worries from that.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...