EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
diesel2029

BMW M5 vs. Jaguar S Type R

Empfohlene Beiträge

diesel2029
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

Hi all, I'm going to buy a new car next year and I'm trying to decide between these two models. Which one would you choose ??? Would you pick the newly redesigned 2005 M5 (500 HP V10) over the current Jag S Type R (400 HP V8. I know the Jag is like $10,000 cheaper, but the new M5 will have a more powerful engine.

Thanks.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
GIR
Geschrieben

Well I can't help you much, it's really upto your personal taste. If you ask for my oppinion then I'd go for the M5. The M5 gives you more value for your money and it's value will not drop as fast. I have to mention that I never had a thing for jags.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

most germanic people hate jaguars, that is really something strange.

Is it britain in general, or just their cars.

I can tell you, i went to france once. I will never go back, and I have not liked the people, nor their cars since.

SERGIOE34
Geschrieben

thats easy.the current m5 is still amutch better car.road n track tested it against new e55' s type R' and rs6 and the old m5 that debued in 97 still came in first.rs6 second.e55 3rd. stype R came in last.the new m5 will be untouchable in its class.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

what if the new M5 doesn't drive like a BMW? Maybe it is fast, the question is, will it get corrupted by all of the derangement going around bmw right now?

LateNightCable
Geschrieben

A V-10, I have to ask " whats' the point? " They mean to tell us that they can't build a V-8 that will make that much power? I have to wonder how pure the handling will be with a big engine like that up front, no to mention the styling is atrocious! :o

Also the maintenence expenses could be insane. The M5 is supposed to be a relatively attainable supercar, not the kind it's buyers are afraid to really drive because fixing it would wipe them out.

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

i have no doubts maintanance on anything that complex and with that exotic of fabrication means will be awful. The engine is very light although and will be mounted front midship - no handling worries from that.

Kevin321
Geschrieben

Hands down the M5 is the best in

every way. :lol:

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

you seem to be immaturely fool-hardy towards BMW. They are a car company of people as fallible as anyone else.