EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Exciting Nurburgring qualifying session

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Man you're fanatical about this stuff, aren't you?! Heh, can't blame ya! I loved the last Nurburgring race I saw (Ralph Schumacher won). IT was so exciting I was glued to the TV. Can't get enough of that stuff myself. I wish I had a kickass car to take to Nurby and put it through it's paces.

Hey, since you're harsh into this stuff more than we are, maybe you could keep us updated. I for one would appreciate it. Thanks GIR.

Wow, oh boy, yeah, join the club buddy. I don't have much time, and now I don't even have a PC. I have to "log on" on my dad's computer for a limited number of hours computer usage time. That, adn the fact that I'm busy as it is. But I think it should be back to normal for me in a few months (hopefully).

BTW who's your favorite F1 driver?

I can't tell you which one I like the most, just can't make up my mind. But I can teel which one I hate the most :)

Heinz-Harald Frentzen

This guy should not be allowed on the track. He is a danger to himself and to others. Altho he has come a long way since his days at Williams he still is the worste driver I've seen, he only gets his laptimes from the fast cars he is driving. He's just trying too hard, it's doesn't come natural to him. If you pay attention to his driving style then you'll see that he's trying too hard to stay on the ideal line, he just keeps zip-zagging over it. He's trying to hard to break perfectly. And finally he's trying too hard to go through corners perfectly. All these things slow him down too much and because he's focussed on one thing at a time he doesn't pay attention to other things liek shifting, condition of his car or other drivers passing him.

The current drivers just don't have the mental and physical fitness the old drivers used to have. Psychology is a big factor in this sport, if a drivers psychology is not 100% set on winning and is scared to push the car too hard then that driver will not win. The old drivers had this "thing" in their mind that made them psuh their cars to the limit, Brother Schumacher is the only one I know who approaches that "thing" the old drivers had.

These days you have all kinds of safety this and that which will catch you incase something happens, so that helps in the psychological factor. But in the old days the drivers didn't have all the safety devices and their cars used to be faster, very much faster. In my book you are a brave man if you can step into one of those cars, race against 22 other maniacs who are equaly set on winning and not be affraid.

Schumacher isn't the only one who is what the old drivers had. In fact, his power is the opposite. He approaches it through rigid germanic determination and efficiency, the guys back in the day, the Chirons of racing had fierce passion and fire driving.

• 1 Monat später...

Bite your tongue. Schumacher has passion for the sport. He wouldn't be here is he didn't. It's not just cold cyborg-ish German strive for perfection, Fox.

And what's with your opinion of Frentzen, GIR? I don't think you can judge anyone like that and say they get their fast lap times because they drive slightly faster cars. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. We all have out opinions, of course, but I think you're being too harsh on Frentzen.

As for me, my favorite driver (and I know I'm about to get laughed at and dissed) is good old Ralphy Schumy. Little Schumacher's having a tough time living in the shadow of Michael, and he's still showing determination and ability. I'd like to see both Schumachers on the podium in every race, with either one of the Schumies being first, and the other being 2nd. Whichever. I just don't wanna see a cheating no-talent Brazillian on the podium, even for 3rd. Of course, no offense towards Senna, but Brazillian favs are hard to come by in my world. They suck. They can go back to lying on the beaches of Brazil or drinking & dancing 'till they pass out. That's all they seem to be good at these days anyway. Their economy is in ruins, but still they can't help but have fun like they're in heaven. Well, their loss. The newer generations of Brazillians are a shame to the previous generations of Brazillian athletes and sportsmen (except for that stuck-up snob Pele). For now, I'd like to see Germans, Italians, Spaniards, and maybe Canadians on the Podiums. Whatever type of race it may be. That's my overinflated 2 cents.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...