EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

M6 spypics

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

ok bangles definetly not the best, but hes really good. I like the design, but im not talking about a swarm of people, but when people are waiting to recieve their cars after service, they always take a 3rd or 4th glance at teh 5 series, wlaks around it, and adminres it. This sis just what i saw. but wutever, all i know is that i like the new 6 series, nad if everybody hates it, thre problem, at least all they will have to see is the rear.

I've seen the 5 series in person and it didn't make a good impression on me. It seems bulky and the trunk lid gives a strange impression as looking at it from behind and from rear-to-front 3/4. Also it seems to me that they've shortened out the rear: now it seems the car isn't made for movement, it makes it more static. I can't agree either on the front; maybe they tried to make it a little bit agressive, but they ruined the feeling with the headlights when they made them "look backwards". Sideways, it makes an elegant and slick saloon, but I can't decide on the overall impression. I liked the E39, but I can't decide if I like the E60's. Anyway, they are more likeable than the E65 7series.

The E60 station wagon looks more dynamic in pictures(maybe because some are photoshopped), but I wait to see I "alive".

I didn't see the 6series in person either. The only thing I can spot from pictures is than it has a big ass, but looks nice sideways and front-to-rear 3/4.

Anyway, I saw what Alpina does to E60 and I find it amongst the finest Alpinas ever. I'm glad Alpina exists in this moment for BMW E60.

AWD: Have you checked out the the E60 Design Analysis at the top of the BMW forum? I break down the design of the new 5, and suggest some things that could improve it.

One of the funny things about Bangle's designs that I've seen, is that many people with no design experiance, or any prior focus on such things, are able to point out the awkward aspects of his designs, and give such spot on reasons as to why they don't work. They could give him a lesson in design.

Sorry LatenNight,

I 've read ur's and Fox' first revues on the E60, but not the last ones. I must say that from first view we understand each other a lot, but I'll have to read the article in the morning, when I'll be even more fresh. The "cat eyes" and the lid of the trunk are at least a major concern; then, the others...

I see now why u call urself an artist.

C u, in the morning.

LateNight said:

In the end, I think the new 5-Series is done tastefully so to speak, but it's still rather unrefined, or perhaps even too refined depending on how you look at it.

To this I might add that there is no denial that the car is made with taste, but it isn't rather the taste we were expecting from BMW. It is like with Renault in France: they built the Avantime and Vel Satis models which had unusual designs(it wasn't either lack of taste, but not the "usual taste"). In this case the result was clear: they weren't sold as Renault had expected they would. Avantime exited production, earlier.

i have to agree with 850 that the 6 is beatiful. you guys are way too critical. look at the car on the whole. you guys look at each and every small thing. my dad test drove the new 5 cuz we know a dealer. he liked it although he is looking forward to the 6 a lot more

I didn't put any final critics on the 6 yet, cause I hadn't seen one on the streets (I barely see a new 5 in France, so a 6 would definately be a show).

I'm criticizing every aspect I can of a car because I'm a car lover and that's all it is about this site: a passion for cars.

If the 6-series would be truly beautiful, the opinions about the car weren't so mixed and there weren't so many people not liking it ( in fact more people are not linking the car than otherwise).

Why do we need to look at the car as a whole, or from certain angles, to see something beautiful in it ? Why do we need "accomodation time" to like that car ?

Look at the current 3-series. How many people consider that the car is not beautiful ?...Now that means a beautiful car. A car that no one can say its ugly, regardless of the angle they are looking at it, or the part of the car they are admiring.

U're right.

There is something fishy about the new 5 series and the 6 series if nearly everybody has comments on its design. If it's likeable, it is usually said at the beginning, not at the end, like an excuse for being too hard with critics.

Thats' what I was mentioning to someone else. If a car is good looking, it just is, and the positive reaction will be immediate. You don't have to think about it, get used to it, or seek out good angles to view the car from.

A car can be 90% " good looking " to most people, but if that last 10% is not working, than something needs to be done to see that it meets the standard. Also, never underestimate the importance of the details. Greatness lies in the details.

Loving cars is exactly like loving women. We love the whole, but we cannot obstinate ourselves in not seeing the details that aren't exactly as we would want to be.

And another thing is that we can't love the whole if there are things that we don't like even if we can't say exactly what are they.

For the 6 it's this: the butt is bothering me and there are other things (can't say realy which ones) that make it not loveable. It's good, "but not enough" (to quote fox) and therefore not loveable.

The petty issues of life are not the same as the " details ", large or small. If the details are ignored, than the design is not what it could be. When a person doesn't like a design, but they can't put their finger on why - it's in the details. So I would say that the details are pretty important.

Think of it like this. Fine designer clothing is not fine simply because it comes from a designer or the fabric is really good. It's fine because the details are well honed. The cut is right, therefore it hangs right. A small seam is made here or there to flatter your form. Triple stitched for durability, little things that raise it above your average Gap. All are unnecessary, all are details, and all combine to make the finished product something special, and often worth the higher price.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...