EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The last orginal looking BMW???!!

Dresol

Empfohlene Beiträge

When Chris Bangle entered the BMW headquarter, everything were changed :evil: , he re-designed every single vehicle and ruined some of the cars beautiful design. When the 7-series came othe Geneva Autoshow, I thought it was the ugliest car I have ever seen, but since BMW is my favorite brand, I didn't have any choice bt to like the design. I hope that Chris Bangle soon will come to his sense and re-design the cars so that they will be just as beautiful as the BMW 3- series is today. The 3-series is the only car he hasn't touched yet. :) That brings me to my question:Do you think Chris Bangle has ruined the design the Beemers have (or should I say had...) and should he be fired?

Do you think Chris Bangle has ruined the design the Beemers have (or should I say had...) and should he be fired?

I have seen the 7-series so many times now, that I have gotten used to it, but still, it isn't very beautiful.... :roll:

I hope that Chris Bangle will be fired.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

We had a discussion about this some time ago.

Fired?! He shouldn't be fired. Chris Bangle should be sterilized so he can't have any offspring, after that get a court order so he can't live on the same planet as BMW AG and he isn't allowed to design a car for the rest of his natural and unnatural life.

The funny thing is that BMW's legal department wants bmwm5.com, the most popular bmw community on the web, to hand over their domain, same old trademark infringment excuse. Rumours have it that BMW blame's bmwm5.com for some of the negative sentiment for releasing unfinished spypics. First they hire some loser to design crappy looking cars for them and then they start herassing their fans for not liking the car. Great idea!

Anywayz, it seems that BMW AG has heard some of our cries, checkout this thread:

http://www.carpassion.com/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6682#6682

he definetly sucks at making the new bmws design. we should just send him to prison so they can man handle him. maybe he could draw good caracatures? o well. i like what you guys said too, fired, sterilized, and ****. haha

hey - i never said what michael jackson would do with him - don't go getting me in trouble.

I just figure a man who designs cars would fit right in with a guy that wierd. If not, one of them would drive the other nuts and the world would collectively live a little happier.

by the way - if bangle kills my beloved 3 series, i will have to become an audi or mercedes fan. as long as my 3 series stay holy, i can live with it. if that goes, then they've gone too far.

k people bangle is not anywhere that bad, Bangle has made some of the best , original looking bmws i ahve ever seen. The 7 series back si a bit shifty, but teh front is baeuttfiffull and ssame for the Z4, the new 5 series is sexy adn teh new 6 series is gonna be crazy insane amazing. The only other bmw that i think is as beautiful as bangles cars is the 8 series, and if he makes another its gonnna be amazing. Oh yea and guess who designed the refresed 3 series coupes and convertables, uh bangle. THe reason why bangle is not going to be fired (i hope) because there is actaully people who like bangles design and plus mercedes i cant stand the design cuz they all look fookin the same. and as long as the same perosn is designing teh engines, bmw wil always stand above others, as much as u think bangle will ruin it

hey, an autobahn is all in the eye of the beholder.

until the cops show up.

i have to think that the cars he designed could be so much better. BMWs have always been classic, timeless designs, and he has made them trendy and hit of the moment. E30s still look cool, E36 are still modern, even going all the way back, the 2002 have proven very durable styling, the new bangle line of bmws will definately get dated. European cars have always had enduring styling, i fear what bangle has done pulled BMW out of that.

The BMW's designed by Bangle look good when you look at parts seperatly or from one angle. But if you look at the whole package then it just doesn't fit together. It's as if his team designed the seperate components independatly and at the end of the day they put them all together and this is what they got.

In the past, whatever design BMW came up with, fans always agreed that it looked great. But now we see that the whole community is against it and just a select few like it. I've even seen a person on bmwm5.com, who had owned several BMW M's, give his spot away to buy the new M5. I think this incident alone just sais enough.

that is amazing.

Peformance car people are passing over the top performing car in the segment becuase they can't stand the looks.

that is unprecidented before.

and the worst part is that it is a bmw.

Dresol, I have no idea how long I've been thinking the exact same thing. BMW is killing their product line with their new looks. My favorite segment of BMW is the 3 series, and they started altering it looks in the 2003 line with the 330ci. It's only a matter of time before they start redoing the entire body of the 3 series, and that includes the M3...

:cry::cry::cry::evil:

This is why I'm buying a 2004 M3, so I can have the last stand of the ultimate 3 series before it goes down the shitter.

Warning to all 3-series lovers:

In the picture of the upcoming Bimmers shows that an upcoming 3-series soon will arrive.... :roll: It shows that it probably will have kind of the same design as the 7-series and 5-series....

If he do ruin the design on the 3-series then I will go down there my self and explain to Bangle why the market is not going so well.

Message to you Bangle: If you RUIN this beautiful design the 3-series have, then you are really asking for it!!! :evil:

Because of the new 7-series, BMW's market has sunk with about 33% in Scandinavia and that is a whole lot.... :x

These words are that I combine with Chris Bangle is: Fire(!!!), ruins the quality and do not have the idea of what the taste the people today have.... We do not want the flaming-design yet! It is to early!

I hope that they soon will fire this man before he does to much..

If he ruin the design on the 3-series, then he has crossed the line :evil::evil:

i am afraid i have to agree with dresol. I am, and have been a life long bmw devotee, have felt theirs have been the most classically hansome and beautiful, and naturally athletic feeling of all cars. The latest generation of BMWs, both in their appearance and their character on the road seem to be abolishing this great tradition. I am severely upset at this, and am looking for another marque to hang myself onto. BMW is quickly loosing me. Their engines are the best, but at some point the tradeoff is no longer worth it.

If they do what they did to the 5, 7 and Z to 3, I am gone.

good plan!

I was going to ask for a 330i as my graduation gift (which falls at 2005 - yes the new 3 series would be out), but a C320 is looking better every day.

This from a guy who has a bmw flag hanging in his garage.

I don't think you should ask for a Mercedes C-class "thepolarfoxqx".

I got a BMW 325iA Coupé from my father yesterday (Whopee!!!), but my father tells me that I should sell the car next year since it is a 1998 model (cars from the 1995-1998 are beeing imported in large numbers so they are really cheap now). But he also says that I should by an Audi A4 1.8T Avant (I don't like the saloon A4. The Avant is more beautiful) and I might just do that. But I will keep my BMW for a while cause I love it. But if Bangle( :evil: ) even dares to ruin the design on the upcoming BMW 3-series, then BMW has lost many of their fans I think. Like me. If you'll exuse me, I'm going to cruise around in the last good looking 3-series. :P

you know that they will

my father gave me an alfa romeo spyder veloce fully restored for high school graduation. I had to sell it. He gave me another one for making dean's list. I sold that one too. He said he is giving me no more alfa romeos :D . I am totally happy in my 318i. I want a new car to tune with, one I can keep a while and still have it look modern.

I will think about getting the 2004/2005 E46 330i, but I don't know. I want my car to be rear wheel drive (that counts audi and jaguar out), i want it to be european, so that left me BMW and Mercedes.

I don't know, I might just bend and get an A4 or S60R, I don't know yet, I have a lot of work ahead of me between now and then :evil:

• 2 Wochen später...

I wish with all my heart that Bangle will be fired. Please, let that happen.

Did you see the new pics of the up coming X3? It is one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen!! U-G-L-Y, UGLY!!! If he designs the 3-series the same way, well, then he might not wake up the following morning.

I don't understand how he ruins the reputation that BMW have, (or should I say had?). BMW had a great reputation here in Scandinavia. Bangle ruined the design, the customers choose either Mercedes or Audi instead. I love the design on the 3-series from 1994- today. I hope that there will be minor changes from todays 3-series.

here's the plan folks. we are going to buy bangle a trip to saudi arabia. 3 of us need to go with and say we witnessed him commit an awful crime.

In saudi arabia, if you have 3 witnesses to a grevious crime, the suspect faces something pretty........ ugly.

Has anyone here read any interviews of chris bangle? he is the most arrogant sob out there. He condescends upon all of humanity, calls himself the forward fringe of thinking and guiding light in style.

it wouldn't suprise me a bit if he drove a pontiac aztek.

Dresol I think you're full of it, there was no 1998 325iA, which you claim to have. From 1996 the six cylinder cars became 328s' and in 1998 there came the 323 models. So what is it you really drive? :wink:

well, it could be a typo on his part, else, I have no idea what european market cars BMW made through those years, i admit the possibility of such a car. European manufacturers are notoriously odd about naming cars.

when 540i (which was 4.0) became a 4.4, it didn't become 544. All the other BMWs adheared (except when 750 went from a 5.0 to a 5.4).

Audi is worse than all of them 80s, 90s, 100s, 200s, there was no logical scheme to it. Some got different numbers on the same car for just coming to the states.

by the way, the 323 was a 2.5L.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...