EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Transmission match?

Onyx_Intrigue

Empfohlene Beiträge

I'm looking into trying to gnab an M3 6 speed tranny/clutch/flywheel and mating it with my 325is. I was wondering if it can be done, and if so, if anyone out there has done/seen it been done. The car is headed toward having too much kazam for that clutch to hold, it heats up quickly. :evil:

~Onyx

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

if your 325 is an E36, then the clutch, flywheel, and Getrag 5spd from the E36 M3 are an easy swap (you might want to get the diff from the M3 too). They are available a number of places, though not especially cheap.

If you just wanted the clutch and flywheel, that would be really easy for ya.

If you want to use the clutch, flywheel, and tranny from an E46 M3, i'd tell you it is way way way too much more work than it is worth.

It'd be just as easy for you to get a performance clutch for a 325 though. Why are you swapping the tranny?

Yeah, It is an E36. I would like to swap everything from the flywheel back, or perhaps just flywheel, clutch and tranny. I'd like to get the beefed up components and the *extra gear, to handle the power/top speed of quite a few more ponies under the hood. @ 5500 rpm's the car reaches its 128mph factory governor. The car is still pulling HARD at that point, completely stock... :o And as for performance, do you guys think I should Snag a t3/t4 turbo or do internal mods like camshaft, teflon coated rings, drop forged C-rods etc.? *How long ago was the 6 speed put in the E46 M3?

~Onyx

alright, what you could do is find a junked M3 and grab all the crap your looking for out of it. All E46 M3s are 6spd. What I would tell you is this, since when you clutch drop, your diff takes a hell of a lot of abuse, replace that if you are concerned. I think that the diff in there would give before the tranny. Instead of getting M3 flywheel/pressureplate/clutch, i'd say just get performance ones for your 325 (try Bekkers or Bavarian autosport), also, look for like a rebuilt M3 diff to put in your car. The tranny i could go either way on, it would definately be better with an M3 tranny, but it will set you back. the E46 tranny will not bolt into your car without some severe modifications (and a new driveshaft and bell housing). The E36 M3 5 spd Getrag will although directly bolt into your car with no issues, and should have little trouble with the extra power.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...