EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Word To Your Mother?

Onyx_Intrigue

Empfohlene Beiträge

What do you guys think, Upon purchasing a new (1993) 325is Should I begin with outside "show" mods Or Interior "performance" mods? The only thing I've done to her so far is clear corners. Just looking for some opinions.

~Onyx

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

performance all the way ...

IMHO it's more fun to have a normal looking car that will beat the hell out of that porsche that's been showing off, than a car that looks fast when parked, but can't overtake that SUV even if it wanted to.

Whats sad even moreover than the cars with body kits and hid's with HUGE spoilers that go absolutely nowhere fast when they romp on the ole accelerator, is those 4 cylinder riceburners whit the bumblebee exaust... Does that bother anyone else? I cant even hear my burly roar while driving with one of those "badboys" driving nearby. Makes me roll up my windows, and that doesnt make me happy. lol :evil:

~Onyx

well you gotta have respect for 4 cylinders when its done correctly. a buddy of mine is running 12.3 in the 1/4 on an all motor civic with a swapped b18c5, and full interior. but i agree with everyone here, showcars are stupid. make a sleeper, or even nice looking car romp everyone. performance all the way, and maybe a tv or two :wink:

Agreed, some can be quick, but that one *or possibly alot more* in every town that has that stock Civic ex with that annoyingly loud tuned exaust that sounds like someting should be breaking... IMHO the 6 cylinder Growl of most bmw's stock exaust is as close to perfect as I can think of.

~Onyx

very very true. it annoys me when i am driving, with my music up, and some slow ass civic(or anyother car for that matter) with loud useless exhaust rolls by me and i cant hear my music. and you are right, bmw is one of the nicest stock sounds i have ever heard, i mean other than ferrari :lol:

stock exhaust on the 350z isnt bad at all either, i am skeptical about changing mine soon for fear of getting too loud. i like the low growl.

• 2 Wochen später...

You have a 3-Series BMW, so don't mess it up with corny exterior bits except possibly a tasteful set of sporty wheels. Go with performance mods.

p.s. What is it with people and there stupid in car television sets? Every time I see a ride like that they have four sets going with one person inside. What the F***?

You have a 3-Series BMW, so don't mess it up with corny exterior bits except possibly a tasteful set of sporty wheels. Go with performance mods.

p.s. What is it with people and there stupid in car television sets? Every time I see a ride like that they have four sets going with one person inside. What the F***?

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Onyx_Intrigue,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

i know. some people are just tacky with cars. Everytime i see a lowered navigator with $5k in lights on it, 6 tvs going and the trunk full of subs cruise by, I enjoy my little sporty cars that much more.

I agree with you completely. I'm currently doing all internal mods, other than clear corners ;) But I think other than interior I might snag some sporty wheels as mentioned, and a tasteful body kit, (I.E. ///M3 style)

~Onyx

• 2 Wochen später...

Hey Onyx,

I can't find any performance parts for my 325Is anywhere except Dinan. Can you please post some sites that have performance parts as well as some nice body kits like the M3 style you keep talking about?

if a person has interior and exterior mods, its all good. nobody with a honda ever does both. and i can understand the irritation. its kinda fun pulling up next to a civic with a farter pipe in my subaru forester. then seeing his irritated expression in my rear view mirror after a station wagon just whooped his a$$. to see a tuned BMW on the road is a pleasent surprise. two other kickin sites for bimmer tuning are

http://www.hamann-motorsport.de

and

www.ac-schnizter.com

i think there can be both. The volvo i had had a conservative spoiler (nearly stock looking), blue headlights, black front grille, hella foglights bolted into the airdam (the airdam was not stock either), it had custom exhaust tips, and with the 2.3L I5 Turbo - pumping nearly 300hp, it was fast!

Most riced out economy cars are all looks. I have a freind, everyone calls him chinese mike, he has a 97 accord which he has spent $3,500 on just lights, he has blue headlights, altazas, lights on the wipers, blinking led blinkers, headlights that rephase while you are driving, leds along the bottom, it looks like a travelling circus in the dark, he put 18" rims on it, which i find unfortuneate, because the SOHC 24V 3.0L engine's 170hp through a 4spd automatic doesn't have the torque to turn them hard off the line.

He hasn't spent a penny on performance modifications, yet he thinks because of the lights it is faster. I hate that.

My little BMW is loud, it has the ///M badges (as of yesterday - the dinan sticker came off), blue headlights, foglights, and it pretty well delivers.

There are a number of good places to get parts for a 325Is E36.

Some of the better ones are....quote]

Thanks fox,

I was having trouble finding places like these. I guess I was searching wrong or something. Oh and one more thing can anybody give me some prices on a turbo not a supercharger for my car?

The Korman/Mosselman turbo kit which boosts your car to 245hp and 252ft/lbs with a Garret T25 pushing 5.5lbs of boost costs $4,650.

It is probably the most reliable one out there, but it is soft on boost.

The KO Performance Supercharger Kit ($5,100) is good for 248 hp at the rear wheels, over 300 at the crank, delivers 8.5lbs of boost, and comes with a front mounted intercooler and an oil cooler. The supercharger is an AutoWerke.

The KO Stage 2 Turbo Kit (with high output intercooler, 11 psi turbo, software, the whole works) is good for 430hp, 0-60 in 4.2, a 12.2 seccond quarter mile, it is although very powerful, and hard on the car in general. Also, it is $10,400

The ESS Vortech System is good for 285hp at $4,850 - I haven't hear much about this one though.

The Dinan Supercharger is probably the best available (as with most things Dinan), but you pay a lot for 255hp, you are probably familiar with that kit.

I think exterior mods are alright as long as they are not ricey. like just conservative mods, maybe widebody, M3 front spoiler, and a evo or a normal small wing. If ur looking for options, buy performance bmw mag.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...