Mclaren F1 or Koenigsegg CC?

imported_felix

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 53
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort
  • 2 Monate später...

Yeah the mid.-driving position is definitely a must for a super-sports-car. I'd still like to have an F1, but the Egg is definitely gonna kill the F1 in a few years. The Egg is still more of a diamond in the rough. Not that that's not good enough the way it is, but I'd still like to see the upcoming versions, and God knows there are going to be a lot of those!

Whats' the deal with that Egg anyway? Talk about hype. With the amount of time they've invested in that car, if it's not a diamond yet, it's not going to be. That car is more of an artsy display to show that the Swedish can play too. Sure, they can play, but the McLaren F1 was a star from the get go.

That 3-person seating? Probably the best setup for a sports/racecar, and 3 times the fun.

Diablo Coatl!!!! :evil: Who has the right to trick out a Lamborghini. At least the GTR looked good and was used on the track for real. Aero kits and accessory lighting!! Somebody, somewhere has balls man, and no heart.

The F1 isn't "still the best". We already argued about that, and me and my peeps can bring good evidence and support for why it isn't still the best. It will always remain a classic and it's still ONE of the best, but it's not the absolute best anymore. And what are you people talking about with the "egg hype"? If anything, there is NO Egg hype. I haven't even seen the car anywhere other than on websites. People need to talk about this car more. And even if there ever was any hype, it's well-deserved. Egg's a sweet car (better than the F1, if you ask me), and potentially the far superior of the two.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo imported_felix,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Sportwagen Kaufberatung (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

That's too long to wait!

The develpment of the F1 was more of a planned "one-time" thing. A lot of time and money went into developing one final product that would blow them all away. The Koenigsegg is however a running project, where they work hard on the Egg, release a new version, and then modify it and work from that until they have "the next version", and on and on it goes. This is going to be the supercar to end them all (if it'll ever end, that is).

On another topic: SHIT, I JUST HEARD THE LOUDEST ROAR OF LIGHTNING I'VE PROBABLY EVER HEARD!

Cover your ears, run for your life!

The fact that no one talks about the Egg much, or " NO hype " as you put it, says that everything about it is hype, because what is there to go on? If it was as great as they say it is, it would not be hiding in the cracks as long as it has. Rapid development timeline? Cars have been designed and built in the time they have been talking about how great this car will be.

ok considering that its a v-8 partially explains the loss in weight and even supercharging it and get those kinds of stats?? wat can u tell me could prolly beat a 800hp 2300+lb car ?? thats from the company.....also since ya'll are talking about nobody testing the top speed of this car.....hey how about you go in a car and do over 260mph :D i know my fucking ass won't thats to extreme of speed for me i'm scared shitless when i hit top speed in my vr-4 of 186 and it scares the shit out of me......if ya'll have any balls to even go over 200mph then be my guest try it.....as far as the comparison i believe this car would beat the F1 and i also agree that the F1 WAS the "dream car" when i was like 15 yrs old but its just an semi-old car this is NOW and i've also heard that on dyno's its tested over 1200hp thats pretty sick......this is the future and they might be taking so long cuz they wanna make sure everything is perfect.....u jus don't fix a major hp'd car up and then throw it to the public c'mon ppl use ur heads if this was ur car u'd make sure it was perfect to......my point made

Uuum no, the Trust II holds the record for fastest car ever built and the Mercedes W125 holds the record for fastest internal combustion car ever built. With a clean 294MPH the Mercedes W125 is still safe when it comes to competition.

The McLaren holds the record for fastest internal combustion production car ever built. For a car to be labeled production car atleast 25 cars have to be built, atleast 60% of all cars produced have to be privately owned and atleast 5% of the cars volume has to be dedicated to storage (that's why the F1 has a little chamber where you can store your briefcase).

Let's face it, the Egg is lighter, has more power, has beter aerodynamics and most importantly costs less then the F1. Unofficialy the Egg can do an average 242MPH. that's 2MPH more then the F1.

There are alot of cars around that can go faster then the F1 but nobody ever bothered to contact the FIAA and go for a record run. Ussualy because of a lack of interest or lack of money. Personally I'm waiting on the Lotec Sirius, I have no doubt in my mind that this one will blow just about everybody away like it was nothing.

My money is on the Egg.

Uuum no, the Trust II holds the record for fastest car ever built and the Mercedes W125 holds the record for fastest internal combustion car ever built. With a clean 294MPH the Mercedes W125 is still safe when it comes to competition.

The McLaren holds the record for fastest internal combustion production car ever built. For a car to be labeled production car atleast 25 cars have to be built, atleast 60% of all cars produced have to be privately owned and atleast 5% of the cars volume has to be dedicated to storage (that's why the F1 has a little chamber where you can store your briefcase).

Let's face it, the Egg is lighter, has more power, has beter aerodynamics and most importantly costs less then the F1. Unofficialy the Egg can do an average 242MPH. that's 2MPH more then the F1.

There are alot of cars around that can go faster then the F1 but nobody ever bothered to contact the FIAA and go for a record run. Ussualy because of a lack of interest or lack of money. Personally I'm waiting on the Lotec Sirius, I have no doubt in my mind that this one will blow just about everybody away like it was nothing.

My money is on the Egg.

Oh c'mon GIR he knows everything we can't doubt the all knowin Kevin lets let him be with his super high-intelligence of cars :D

for a sleek million five, lotec sirius has an unimpressive 0-60, and has issues with heat, like engine components glow. i doubt that will ever see true production status.

For under 300 grand, koenigsegg will offer a car that can't be outhandled, accelerated, beat in top end, and one that is supremely durable by supercar standards (it has an engine that started life as a ford design for god sake). I can't see anything taking on the CC.

Better yet the CC-R is planned, faster yet. FASTER!

and koenigsegg hopes to use a flat 12 at some future point.

i see only good things ahead. i just can't find a car in any way superior to CC at the moment.

There's no doubting the fact that the F1 (M-Power V12 or not) can't hold it's own against the Egg and the upcoming supercars of tomorrow. Just because you think the McLaren is the best doesn't make it so, Kevin. There's insurmountable evidence for why the F1 - while remaining a classic - is being beaten and will be beaten in the future.

Lotec's Sirius won't be getting anywhere. To build a supercar is a great task, and you'll need more than just raw horsepower. I'll admit the Sirius has tons of it, accompanied by loads and loads of squeeze and squirt torque, but it can't accomplish nearly as much as an Egg. The Egg outsports the Sirius in every area except Maximum Speed, Torque and HorsePower. It's 0-62 acceleration is actually equal to the Egg's acceleration. I don't think those 1334 horses are going anywhere. It's nice to know that someone can work 1334HP out of an engine, but if I'm ever going to be driving a car with that much power, I'll need more refinements in other areas (basically, more of everything else, to match the power), and I'll need more than an F1 or Egg, which is why the Sirius is "Siriusly" lacking (pun intended).

I don't think that that's entirely true. I know the difference was only .1 seconds and it was only tried once, but the Zonda beat the Koenigseeg in the Top Gear time trial. If it can be beaten ever by the same driver on the same track on the same day, you can't say that it's untouchable. Plus the CCR isn't out yet and the Zonda GR is. Now I don't know whether the CCR or GR are intended for the road, or just racing, but racing technologies have a way of making it over into the production line. And imagine if AMG decided to put one of their famous superchargers on Zonda's motor. The F1 was the king for many years and it will be interesting who will take its place and for how long.

You can read my Zonda vs. Egg post here:

http://www.carpassion.com/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=914

The torque curve on the Zonda is just not the curve you would expect from a car of that caliber.

On the straight the Egg had a higher speed then the Zonda. After reviewing the video carefully you'll see that he "stigg" is slipping and sliding all over the place. Even more so because Allan has to say: "Carefull Stigg this car bites". I'm sure that if the driver would take his time to fimiliarise himself with the car and they would post a best of 3 runs then the TG runs would be much more crediable.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...