EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

The Best Sport Compact

thepolarfoxqx

Best Super-Compact  

1. 1. Best Super-Compact

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

yeah, AWD has its advantages - but it does have drawbacks as well - quite a few actually.

I go for M3, A - its the fastest, the 3.2L 333hp race-car style M-Power straight six sends it to 60 in 4.8.

The supercharged 3.2L V6 and naturally aspirated V8 in C32 and S4 can only muster 5.0 seconds.

furthermore handling is superior

Audi S4. I'm a HUGE BMW fan, but the S4 has as much power (if not more) and all wheel drive. I'm Canadian. AWD is veeeeery attractive to me because of our winters.

If I wasn't Canadian, I might have picked the M3. Mercedes is just too overpriced.

its a tough call for me because i own an s4, i love the styling and feel of the new m3s, but i absolutely love awd and turbos. i voted s4 because of the fact that it is 4 door and it still fast even with the weight of the awd. also when we get rain around here, or even snow, everyone i know with an m3 stays at home.

i have driven rear wheel drive cars all my life. None of them have had the sophisticated traction systems the M3 has. AWD limits you in a number of ways, sure it has advantages, it just matters on your priorities. Me, I voted for the car that does the most for least amount of money with the most style.

the way i see it is that the s4 isnt the fastest. but on average it will be the fastest. lets say that even if the m3 is sick in rain, which i have never driven it in inclimate weather so i cant say, i can assure you that awd is better. so on dry days m3 eats an s4, but on crappy days the s4 will dominate, also i liked that the e36 had 4 door, the e46 does not.

for me, i would sacrifice minimal amount of speed for comfort and practicallity.

I don't have to sit in the back seat of my own car. The 1.5 less inches of rear leg room in the M3 i can deal with. It has plenty of cargo space for anything i'd ever put in an M3, and it will keep right with an S4 in all weather barring say - snow at which point - if you drive aggressively - you are foolish (unless you are whipping doughnuts - extra fun in RWD cars). I have respect for the S4, and find AWD reassuring in lots of situations (a certain family member of mine swears by it - thus the Jaguar X Type) I just think the M3 still has the overall tops in the category (unless you live in nome)

yeah i hear you, this probably has nothing to do with the category because of price, but what about the rs4? that will decimate the m3. i just brought this up because the m3 is the sportiest of the 3 series, and the rs4 is the sportiest of the a4 series.

where do you find one of these RS4s? if needed i could have an M3 within the hour. I think the Hartge H50 is the top of the line 3 series, equal in price to a RS4, performs on/better than level, hows that?

well i dont care about what we can, and cant get here in the states. we dont get a lot of really good cars, but the fact is that audi makes it, regardless if it is here or not. another thing the rs4 is factory produced, wheras the hartge is tuned, not by bmw, therefore not making it a production vehicle, putting it out of the competition.

i suppose. Audi makes so few of them that it nearly is a tuner car. I guess in the strictest sense you are right, but an RS4 is nearly 2x the money of an M3, for that, I could buy a his and hers M3 and be much much happier. :D

if i told her she was driving a wagon, i'd be sleeping in my car instead of driving it. If i brought home matching m3s, hers a convertible, mine a coupe, well then - fun roads ahead.

I'm not even going to get into what I want to do with the wagon I'm getting from my dad... The one I have listed... I'm sure other people have done SHO wagons before, but dammit, I want one of my own!

Nobody expects wagons to be fast, let alone able to do minor burnouts...

i feel bad for the c32. being worst of the 3, nobody loves her....

fast wagons rule, i have much respect for the rs4. ultimate in justifying driving a fast family daily driver through practicality. the fact that it will smoke stock m3s after picking up the kids from the soccer game is just weird when you think about it....

Yeah and a Ferrari Enzo with a trailer on the back will smoke a RS4 after picking up the elephant at the zoo.

Or even better a space shuttle picking up the local bluewhale and smoking all of them at 25.000 km/h!

stupidity

hey now, i have raced someone before while towing. We both had boats on our SUVs. I won!!! (can you imagine a Land Rover beating an explorer while each was towing close to 2 tons, both of us had 4.6L V8s, and for some reason this fool was sure he was going to win. I shoulda put money on it)

yeah, but the image is enough to kill it.

to me the rs4 looks mean, its a kitted out wagon on 18s.

The M5 Wagon will be able to beat a Z06 and run with vipers, how's that?

didnt the rs6 rip the m5?

im gonna go out on a limb here, you dont like audis? :-?

i had an Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Tiptronic (not my choice, i promise). It was a really really nice car, the interior was great, it drove really nice, it just wasn't fast, and it didn't have that feel like a bmw. I love audis for just cruising around town, but when really pushed, that is when they get seperated from bimmers. Audis are getting really close though, only thing is, BMW is releasing a new M5 next year, and a new M3 shortly following.

The RS6 beat the M5 to sixty. The current M5. The current M5 beats the RS6 to 100 and to 150. The next generation M5 will be nearly untouchable within the class for performance.

im not a big fan of 4 bangers unless they have some serious Forced Induction. also an engine that small in a car as heavy as the a4, i couldnt imagine driving it.

it will be interesting to see the next generation of autos from audi, and MB to counter attack the beast. that new m5 is going to be fast, i just dont like the new styling, i like the present styling a lot.

the current BMW styling is great, i wish they'd develop it further instead of kill it for bangle-tiger style. I can forgive the new styling for the performance though.

The current M5 beats the RS6 to 100 and 150, while it can't keep up with E55, my guess is that no one will see anything but BMW tail light once the new E60 M5 comes out.

i agree with you. this current style should be further developed apon. this style is graceful as well as extremely aggresive. the new style looks cheap, not thought out. i guess they just went for modern? by the way, are those pics of the m5 the official pics? or will it look different?

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...