EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY
Dissolve

Seat Identity Crisis

Empfohlene Beiträge

Dissolve
Erster Beitrag:
Letzter Beitrag:

I need some help! I bought a couple seats and they're Mercedes sports seats but I don't know what model or year they are. Here's a pic, do you recognize them?

305518_12_full.jpg

I appreciate the help - thanks in advance!

R.J.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
wee man
Geschrieben

I think Tey could be out of an SLK or a CLK i dont really know aboutb these thinks Speak to izzylovesizzy and maybe he'll know

I hope i could help sorry!!!!

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

slk or clk, those aren't out of any mercedes close to recent. I don't really remember those, they don't really look mercedes. I'm interested to know what they're out of.

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

...they look more like a Porsche seats...thats all i can help with!

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

i think i saw them in a friend's 300 CE-24, but these were custom made!

Dissolve
Geschrieben

I thought they were Porsche seats too, but they have a Mercedes emblem on some of the electronics. They aren't out of a CLK because they don't recline forward - Here's a couple more pics...

305518_16_full.jpg

This is why I think they're Mercedes - see the emblem ^^

Here's the power-operated buttons... Look like Porsche to me too

305518_15_full.jpg

I'm going to post them on a Porsche site too to see what their comment is... Thanks for your guys' help

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

well, if it is mercedes, it predates the early eighties when the seat shaped power seat control buttons, mounted on the doors, were introduced to all lines. It could be that the electronics are built by mercedes, and used by someone else (porsche?). I know porsche has contracted out some stuff before, merc. would probably be who they'd pick for seats. It doesn't recline forward, strange.

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

post those photos in a porsche forum and let's see if someone recognize those seats. I wonder if these are not E500 seats (because it's a Mercedes-Porsche product!) I'll check out!

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

E500 is still a mercedes interior. It's only once you get out the wrench or get behind the wheel that you'll find any porsche.

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

we're trying to help that guy, just conform to the topic! I just wrote to GIR about my adventure minutes ago, I was in a 500e , ok - these seats are not made for it - now i'm sure! And think about what you said - that I can hardly find any porsche - well, I felt it,right!!! The 500e is developed in conjunction with Porsche - ENGINE is what i meant - engine, not interior! It was just a thought,trying to guess, some kind of idea that came to me at once. Now, what if these seats are custom? Any ideas?

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

...the gt3 has almost the same seats. Hey, buddy, I forgot to ask you - where did you get the seat from?

Dissolve
Geschrieben

I got these seats on a police auction off www.propertyroom.com - they have tons of car steroes and bikes, but I got this pair of seats from "unknown sports car" for fifty bucks! I've posted these on Roadfly's Porsche forum but no answer just yet.

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

You got them on a police auction? Well - that's great , I wonder how much will they cost indeed,if not bought on that auction. You have two seats - the car is a two-seater,and if it's MB- i just can't remember for such a model (leave the CLK-GTR:-) , except some concepts. If these were sold as seats from 'unknown sports car',which means the police didn't recognized the brand,maybe it's some custom made car. I also think the car that have been taken the seats from had been crashed in a car accident...

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

I thought of something else - what if they are Porsche seats (amost sure of that) - the very seat /with it's electronics/ mounted and somehow adjusted and fitted on Mercedes metal construction - SO THAT they can be used in a Mercedes - Porsche shaped original seats in a Mercedes - wonderful and smart idea (for a Porsche fan that driver a Mercedes - makes him feel like he is sittin' in a Porsche while driving his own Mercedes) Think of that!!!

thepolarfoxqx
Geschrieben

i'd sooner have the AMG seats in my porsche. I sat in a SLK32K, and the seats were awsome, they don't look as nice as in my boxster, but they are the most comfortable i can think of.

Tsar Kalojan
Geschrieben

see, maybe those seats were made for the same use...