EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Seat Identity Crisis

Dissolve

Empfohlene Beiträge

I need some help! I bought a couple seats and they're Mercedes sports seats but I don't know what model or year they are. Here's a pic, do you recognize them?

305518_12_full.jpg

I appreciate the help - thanks in advance!

R.J.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I thought they were Porsche seats too, but they have a Mercedes emblem on some of the electronics. They aren't out of a CLK because they don't recline forward - Here's a couple more pics...

305518_16_full.jpg

This is why I think they're Mercedes - see the emblem ^^

Here's the power-operated buttons... Look like Porsche to me too

305518_15_full.jpg

I'm going to post them on a Porsche site too to see what their comment is... Thanks for your guys' help

well, if it is mercedes, it predates the early eighties when the seat shaped power seat control buttons, mounted on the doors, were introduced to all lines. It could be that the electronics are built by mercedes, and used by someone else (porsche?). I know porsche has contracted out some stuff before, merc. would probably be who they'd pick for seats. It doesn't recline forward, strange.

post those photos in a porsche forum and let's see if someone recognize those seats. I wonder if these are not E500 seats (because it's a Mercedes-Porsche product!) I'll check out!

we're trying to help that guy, just conform to the topic! I just wrote to GIR about my adventure minutes ago, I was in a 500e , ok - these seats are not made for it - now i'm sure! And think about what you said - that I can hardly find any porsche - well, I felt it,right!!! The 500e is developed in conjunction with Porsche - ENGINE is what i meant - engine, not interior! It was just a thought,trying to guess, some kind of idea that came to me at once. Now, what if these seats are custom? Any ideas?

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Dissolve,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Mercedes (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

You got them on a police auction? Well - that's great , I wonder how much will they cost indeed,if not bought on that auction. You have two seats - the car is a two-seater,and if it's MB- i just can't remember for such a model (leave the CLK-GTR:-) , except some concepts. If these were sold as seats from 'unknown sports car',which means the police didn't recognized the brand,maybe it's some custom made car. I also think the car that have been taken the seats from had been crashed in a car accident...

I thought of something else - what if they are Porsche seats (amost sure of that) - the very seat /with it's electronics/ mounted and somehow adjusted and fitted on Mercedes metal construction - SO THAT they can be used in a Mercedes - Porsche shaped original seats in a Mercedes - wonderful and smart idea (for a Porsche fan that driver a Mercedes - makes him feel like he is sittin' in a Porsche while driving his own Mercedes) Think of that!!!

i'd sooner have the AMG seats in my porsche. I sat in a SLK32K, and the seats were awsome, they don't look as nice as in my boxster, but they are the most comfortable i can think of.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...