EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

2005 RSR

AudiVancouver

Empfohlene Beiträge

3 things could happen to this car.

1 - It's just an impressive ploy that will never be built.

2 - It will maintain a reletively low price but will be incredibly watered down for production, equipped with a turbo V6 or an 8 cylinder at best.

or 3 - It will have super performance, but will be built in very limited numbers and for way more than 70k.

Either way, I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordinary.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

VW has branded thier supercar for every branch they have, none see production (barring say bugatti), if they put this out as an Audi, it will either get the BiTurbo 4.2L V8 or N/A 5.0L V10. No W-16 power for this thing.

• 1 Monat später...

It was said earlier that Audi doesn't have the brand to compete with Ferrari. Maybe thats what they're going for with the Rosemeyer. It wouldn't be surprising if they used V10, 12, or W16. As was stated, the W "only" puts out 650 hp, that wouldn't be encroaching on Veyron territory, but could certainly give Enzo a run for its money.

how do you figure it would give enzo a run for the money? the VW supercar platform is very heavy, Enzo isn't. The enzo is only slightly slower than the veyron, for once, if you think about it, you're getting a bargain on the ferrari. if they wanted to release something like RSR, why not brand it a bentley, better yet, isn't that why they have lambo in the first place?

The Enzo has 650 hp, 485 lb-ft of torque, and a top speed of 217 mph. The Rosemeyer as of yet has 630 hp, 561 lb-ft of torque, and a top speed of 217.5 mph. And remember, this is just a concept, they lighten it considerably. To me the two cars could be fierce competitors. The Murcielago is to close performance wise to the Enzo to merit a third line of car for Lamborghini. A Bentley of this caliber would be rediculous. As I said before, Audi could be trying to make a name for themselves as a true supercar maker. Of course we would need more info on the Rosemeyer to make very accurate comparisons, but the info to be had now is enough to say that Rosemeyer is a formidable opponent to Enzo but not even close to Veyron league.

As the resident artistic guy around here, I can most certainly appreciate Audi's incorporation of classic design themes in the Rosemeyer, I have even designed a vehicle myself with a similar " industrial age " flavor; but it sure wasn't a sportscar. That said, the Rosemeyer is an absolute oddball, I doubt anyone would be torn between it and the Enzo. One looks like a toaster, the other like a Dustbuster. I myself could do a much better job of blending two eras together, and in a harmonious fashion.

The fact that the Rosemeyer is a concept is reason enough not to take it's performance claims too seriously.

1.jpg

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...