EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

What do you think?

imported_fao

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I just drived a short distance, so I couldnt check the top speed. The red line is about 6200 rpm but in the first gear you cant pass 5500 rpm, the computer activates the rev. limiter. In second you can go to 6200 , to introduce third.

It's very hard to believe that a V6 GTi with only 204HP could surpass a Carrera in performance. The Carreras have (at the very low end) 320HP (last I checked). And they’re not THAT heavy either. I fail to see how a GTi could beat a Carrera (unless you remove all the inner couplings and rear bumper and in-dash equipment plus other components necessary for the car to turn. This way you could take some serious weight off the car but you would only drive it in a straight path…; and STILL I doubt you could beat a Carrera!). Maybe you could provide a video, or at least some more stats and info..

I agree, A GTI is fast but not with a Carrera. I could see a GTI keeping up wtih a Carrera on public road where speed limits are in place because its handling is really amazing but in terms of top performance like speed, a GTI can only keep up to a ceratin extent, there's a poitn where you realize a carrera is much faster in top speed.

I promise you, and will back this with a demonstration. A supercharged GTI will not beat a boxster S stock. furthermore, if any work has been done on the boxster S, it is over. A carrera is all the faster.

Up to maybe 40 or 50 a gti could keep up, but aerodynamics and chasis design would limit it thereon.

of course with this gti you can beat a boxter s, remember this gti comes with 204 hp. and when my friend installed the supercharger the car increased to 300 hp. Here in mexico city we are at an altitude of 2240 meters above sea level , (here all the natural aspirated motors are 30% less efficient, so turbos are the ones thaT are 100% efficients) normally the cars increase their time 2 to 2.5 seconds when you make 0 to 60 mph. This golf made 7.4 from 0 to 60 mph and there is a chance you can make less time with the golf than a 300 hp carrera. Another example is the S6 here in mexico city from 0 to 60 mph it makes 8 seconds, in sea level i have reduce that time to 6 seconds. I am not saying that the golf handles better than the porsche or that passing it is to easy, but if you are a good driver you can "scare" the porsche driver. :lol:

ok, here in minneapolis, 1,350ft about sea level, cars perform pretty well to normal. In philadelphia (yeah, i live there too) we are a negligable height above sea level, so that is how I think.

A 300hp gold might take a boxster S off the line, but not much past there. It could give me a scare in my boxster, and i don't know it would stand much chance to the 320 lean horsepower in 911.

From what you originally wrote, fao, I was under the impression that it had less than 204HP stock, and was brought to 204 with S/C. That makes more sense now with 300HP. But it would still be a challenge, as a 288HP Twin-Turbo Boxster S could hold it's own against even a 300HP GTi. Believe me, I know. I've seen one.

As for the "height above sea level", believe it or not in most climates higher altitudes actually mean less Turbo efficiency. The change in air pressure means that at higher atitides the Turbo-chargers most often get less air, though it may be "fresher" air than you would get at smoggy and inner-city lower-altitudes. I now prepare to be beaten to death for that opinion....

Also, what do you think about this scenario: a 367HP S/C VR6 vs a RUF (modified) 345HP Carrera-engines Boxster S...?

And speaking of Porsche modifiers: Who likes this RinSpeed concept:

rinspeed-bedouin01.jpg

rinspeed-bedouin03.jpg

rinspeed-bedouin09.jpg

rinspeed-bedouin20.jpg

rinspeed-bedouin32.jpg

rinspeed-bedouin18.jpg

rinspeed-bedouin2.jpg

rinspeed-bedouin1.jpg ?

It's a rather "weighty" all-road conversion of the 911 chassis with 420HP and an acceleration of 5.9 seconds (0-62MPH). It's called the Beduin, and is VERY likely to see production. I think more speed will be provided at (http://www.rinspeed.com/). I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of it. I persoanlly really like it. Hell, I love it.

wow, no offense to anyone, but that thing is really awful looking. Maybe if chevy made it, but with 911 styling, it kills it. Ferri porsche is rolling in his grave.

A twin turbo boxster should do better than 288hp, heck, mine has 258 stock.

And it really really moves. Fast.

The Twin-turbo Boxster I was mentioning came with 228HP stock, not 258HP.

As for the "aweful looking" comment, I think you're kind'a out-numbered in the opinion poll so far. I saw anopinion poll on TV that suggested people are receiving it very well. I don't think it's meant to look better than the 911 or anything like that. But the chassis modification is original and goos-looking nontheless. Oh well, it's your opinion.

Nah I don't think your opinions are ever "out of line" at all, though they CAN be weird (and difficult to understand) at times. But it's all good. Your opinion is more unbiased than some people's "facts". That's good material. Believe me I'm not making fun of you or dissing your opinion or anything. I'm just acknowledging the fact that it's yours and "different" at that! :)

• 3 Wochen später...
  • 3 Monate später...

Audi, although owned by VW, is too independent to be corrupted by it's overlords, er, owners. Besides, nowadays VW isn't doing too bad with it's subsidiaries. Almost every company owned by VW seems to gain new life. Wouldn't you agree? Look at Bentley. Need I say more?

I would'nt say VW breaths LIFE into all it's brands, so much as " extended marketability ", for better or worse - mostly worse. That car is kind of cool, in a Mad Max cobbled together desert cruiser kind of way. Just don't call it a Porsche.

Has anyone asked what Jesus and his friends over there think of it?

Let's not get too far off topic. Everyone has their opinions, but if I had the money I'd wait and buy the next version. It's supposed to get a "face-lift" (whatever that means). I hope they improve on the current look. And get rid of the over-abundant and large intakes. And the new version gets 500BHP. NOw if only Porsche could make a TDI version with 500+BHP. Then it would become the madest off-roader-hybrid-thingamajig out there.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...