EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Super COP Cars

a007apl

Empfohlene Beiträge

hey, if an apache longbow wants to pull me over and give me a speeding ticket, i'd be more than happy! I'd take heart in knowing the government spent more to pull me over than i have to pay them back. And i got a heck of a story to tell too!!!

So i speed especially in zones with aircraft enforcement!!!!

yay!

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 66
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

In my area we have some kind of street rod that was repoed by the Police. I gues it was a drug dealers car and now its plastered with D.A.R.E stickers.

that is perfect!!!!

I would personally love to see some pimped out escalade get repoed by police, and then get a light rack and go on patrol - reverse spinning rims and all.

Here in minneapolis, Randy Moss got angry at a traffic cop, and "moved" her out of his way with his lexus. They found pot in it, so they took it. I don't know what they did with it. He lives pretty close to me, and I will tell you, that is a hell of a car.

Same for a COP-car version of the new WRX. You're not likely to get very far away, no matter what the road-type. And BTW, might I add, for those who don't already know, the COP cars always get hefty upgrades and power-boosts, not only to compensate for the added weight of "Police equipment", but also to have a speedier chaser. I think that's obvious though. And no, they never SAY it, and most people are left believing that the Police cars are the same as the original versions.

• 2 Wochen später...

I know that in many parts of the states they have tweaked mustangs meant only for pursuits. And those Jags in vancouver. Well I know (because I live in Vancouver) that they are just some cheap ones that the local Jag dealers gave to the cops for events like car shows and parades.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo a007apl,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Andere Automarken (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
Same for a COP-car version of the new WRX. You're not likely to get very far away, no matter what the road-type. And BTW, might I add, for those who don't already know, the COP cars always get hefty upgrades and power-boosts, not only to compensate for the added weight of "Police equipment", but also to have a speedier chaser. I think that's obvious though. And no, they never SAY it, and most people are left believing that the Police cars are the same as the original versions.

Over here most cop cars, yes even the cars used by local police, are tuned by Donkervoort. Imagine a VW Passat variant with a tuned engine! I don't know the actual specs of the tuned engine but I've seen those cars do some impressive things.

Ford and General motors sell special variants of their cars for law enforcement officers, they have light racks, all the police goodies, etc. Standard upgrades are a larger alternator, 1,100 rpm idle, shorter final drive ration, stiffened springs, more aggressive ECU and TCU tuning, etc. They do let out specifications. A Ford Police Interceptor (a crown vic for cops) has a 239hp 16 valve 4.6L SOHC V8, a 4 speed auto, a 3.27 rear axle, and does the 0-60 in 8.1 seconds, with an electronically limited top speed of 130mph. The Pursuit Impala (yes, just a cop impala) has a 3.8L 12V Pushrod V6 good for 200hp, works through a 4 speed transaxle, and has a 0-60 of 8.7 seconds, and is electronically limited to 125mph. The Pursuit Camaro, powered by a 16V 5.7L Pushrod LS1 V8 - good for 335hp - with a 3.55 rear end and a 4spd auto does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds, and is electronically limited to 155mph.

Of course there are specialty tuners who make beefed up cop cars, but the vast majority are factory jobs. Like those above.

you know i love driving on the european superhighways. Except for the police. A few areas of california have purchased 911s for police cars. Many states here also have 335hp LS1 V8 powered camaro police cars. Scary as hell. My town has a number of different undercover cars (we have 3 undercover crown victorias, 2 undercover impalas, and an undercover taurus). Anyhow, their all slow, so if i'm really really speeding, i sure as hell am not about to back off.

I'm pretty sure they still have those 911's in the picture. They only pull out in extreme cases like a while back when some idiot was racing with 180 km/h over the A16, he was finally stopped by one of those 911's.

180kph gets out the 911s in holland? that is a mere 110mph, that isn't all that bad at all. I was under the impression speed limits were more lax in holland - that would mean the speed limits there are nearly as severe as in the USA. Ouch.

Well, a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away we used to have a lax policy about speedlimits. Untill somebody decided that lowering the speedlimits and placing speedtraps and radarcams everywhere is a good money maker.

The fastest you're allowed to go here is 120km/h that's 75mph.

The most frustrating thing is the speed limits in Canada. The fastest you're legally permitted to go on multi-lane divided highways (freeways/interstates) is 100 kph. There may be one or two exceptions, but I don't believe so. What's worse is that on 2-lane highways the speed limit is 80 kph, and the Trans-Canada Highway is 90 kph going East-West (the North-South portion is 80 kph, and connects Ottawa to Toronto and beyond).

There have been speed limit increases discussed for many years here in Ontario, but I don't forsee them going through any time soon. You just have to know where the speed traps are, I suppose. Driving from Ottawa to Maryland is so enjoyable, because the average speed is somewhere around 145 kph or so. Fun fun 8)

in minnesota, highways are not in the best shape, but outside of the twin cities region - all highways are 70mph. No cop gives a damn if you go 80. Above that - be careful.

Montana has no daytime rural highway speed limit.

Yee-ha.

Fortuneately in minnesota, police cars are slow enough that if one does catch you going 120+, he'll never catch you.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...