M7

Rishy

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Rishy,

kennst du schon M7 (Anzeige)? Dort ist vieles zu finden.

BMW M Ersatzteile (Anzeige) | BMW M Tuning (Anzeige) | BMW M Uhren (Anzeige)

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I don't know for sure Fox. Just reconfirming the fact that the whole BMW-associated naming and numbering scheme and badging techniques are a bit strange, to say the least. Guess we won't know for sure until it's out.

no, no questions here. Alpina cars all start with "B" - and the plaform they came off is the number. The 2 door B7 Turbo of the 80s was a body modification. The new B7 is not going be a 2 door conversion, it will have all 4 doors, and there is no word on whether or not this will have a turbo on it. Turbocharging the 6.0 would be really really hard, and most of the newer alplina cars choose refined breathing over forced aspirating.

One of the main reasons for that is the immense heat and instability in the engines. Forced aspiration kills engines when it's done on the wrong engine. I don't think the 6L V12 would have THAT much trouble with that, but intercooling is always a must. At the same time I think quite a number of companies do both (even supercharging + turbo + cyl. boring forced-natural-aspiration). Imagine if the 6L V12 was made to be a 12L V12 instead (1L/Cylinder). If it could actually still do it's job you could turbocharge it and send it to the moon. I think the BMW engines are quite responsive under Turbo (more so than purely enlarging the engine capacity). But the reason BMW won't go for it is, as you said yourself, they don't need it, thanx to the versatility and enhancements they get from their technology and valve-timing and efficiency and etc..

ok, intercooling cools intake air to make it more dense, it in no way cools the engine, indeed intercooled engines run hotter. With correct oil cooling, turbo engines are very durable. The issues with the 6L is that it has no throttle plate, and varies valvetiming, it also uses gas direct injection. I'd hate to be the sorry looser who has to derive an algorythm to calibrate turbo boost, valvetiming, injection timing, ignition timing, intake runner configuration, etc. The turbo makes things a royal pain.

Well I'm sorry you're right on that one because intercooling DOES produce more power and thus it makes the engine run hoter. My apologies. I guess I should have instead said that engine coolants are a must. I hope this time you understand what I mean.

But do remember that the sorry loser who does the programming will get a hefty reward for going through the colossal pains and headaches of it. turbo is the way to go for many (though that may be because raw displacement won't do the trick anymore for their engines, or for other reasons...).

audi has their turbos when they need more, mercedes has their superchargers, dodge adds cylenders, GM just bores bigger.

BMW refines. Better intake, better timing, better fuel injection, better exhaust, and get the engine to where it is opperating at its peak, and i find this a much better solution to going bigger, or bolting something on.

Well I think Audi and Mercedes-Benz do a bit of refining too. They’re just not as good as BMW in effectively improving engine performance to a noticeable degree using only refinements and electronic/computerized enhancements. I couldn't agree more that BMW are doing the more efficient and plausible thing, they're not making their engines heavier. They more-or-less refrain from solving problems by creating new ones. They can get more, for example, out of a V6 engine that some companies get out of V8s.

everyone refines, no one does it as well as bimmer. Gas direct injection is huge. Their breathing is best in class. While their 3.0L Straight six does not make a princely sum of horsepower, it delivers incredible performance for what it makes, and is very flexible, from 5.4 second 0-60 in the Z4 to dragging the 4,500lb X5 around, towing up to 5000 lbs, it always delivers. The 3.2L is a screamer, and is probably the best engine of the last few years, the 4.9L is precision power, and I hope it lives to go into new cars after it retires in M5 (i'd like to see it in X5, how about M3!)

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Rishy,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I thin the X5 will get Cayenne Turbo class power throgh a 5+ Liter engine. The M5's engine wil probably hit 5 Liters, and the M3 will have a displacement of ~4.6 Litres. Can't say I disagree with anything you said, but I'm indifferent to your opinion of the 6-cyl.'s power, I think it's not breathing fire but it's enough and adequate. 250HP in upcoming 3.0 Beemers should be more than enough. I think the Z4 should get the 286HP engine at least. The 231HP 3.0 it has right now is just not enough and I think there should be a sport version with at-least 286HP.

• 2 Wochen später...

The 290hp 4.4L would sink the Z4.

I think if they tuned the 3.0 for some more, it is certainly there, but it is a great engine. I always liked the old 3.2L 262hp I6 from M3. Torquey beast.

I would have loved to see the M 4.9L 394hp V8 go into X5. If that happened, Porsche would stand no chance. M4 will have a nice windy I6, but X5 4.6is should have more power.

yeah, why do you think they introduced the S?

I think the 4.6 should be in the 380s, better yet call it an X5M, put the 5.5L V10 under the hood!!!

Porsche Cayanne, prepare to die!

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...