EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Is there gonna be a M7?

850 Ci

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Look for M7 (or some sort of 760 4.6is) in 2005 - coensiding with the M5 and new V8 M3 releases. All should sport similar performance numbers, the M5 being the highest (though not by much) - as the M3 is limited by its platform and parts bin, the M7 by its size, the 5 finds happy median. I see no need for an M7 - as neat as it would be - except to compete against benz and audi.

I am speaking using the SAe Horsepower system. I use this in all of my posts (as do most americans). When I speak of torque - I am speaking in ft./lbs.

1.341 SAe hp = 1 KW

1.014 Imperial HP to SAe HP

1 Newton Meter = .7376 ft./lb.

Hope that helps.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo 850 Ci,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema BMW M (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 3 Wochen später...

BMW has often stated that there wont be an M7, since it does not fit the company philosphy. I dont see why but ok.

Ofcourse this could change. but if it were to, i am sure i would have heared something in the car magazines, or from a friend in Munich who has great contacts to BMW and gets to see the new Models long befor they are out (hes seen the new 3er series which is basically finished already). and he hasnt told me anything.

If you like the old series you could consider the Alpina B 12 6,0

but i guess the new 760 will be pretty equal to that one-

We take the fact the new M5 will have a V10, but for many months BMW flatly denied a V10. Then Dr. Thiessen said "no comment" and laughed in an interview. A week later it was almost a press release. You know the new 3 series is a long way away - like 2006. I will be truly suprised if a performance 7 series does not debut. There is so far no ///M X5 - but the M5 4.6is comes darn close (at least beats out ML55). What if the same type of treatment were applied to 760Li - call it 760Lis. Say 475-525hp V12 - sportier chasis, you know, standard go fast gear? I could see that. Simply put, S55 will have a 493hp Supercharged V8, S600 will have a twin turbo type 12 450hp twin turbo V12, S8 will have a 600hp twin turbo W12. BMW will have a 408hp V12, a very good v12, just not on par with its rivals from Ingolstadt and Stuttgart. Also, A Jaguar XJ12 is in the works (keep in mind the aluminum 04' XJ weighs in at 3,500lbs, 500lbs lighter than its nearest rival, 1,800lbs lighter than Phaeton) - with Aston Martin's 5.9L V12 (460-500hp). It seems BMW will be the only one in the club with out a go fast full sizer - that is not in the spirit of BMW :)

but wouldnt the v12 have to be more than 550 to goain an advantage over teh v10 M5 and M6?? but i dont no a lot about cars i just love them lol. i think the M6 desereves more horse thats for sure... and coem to think of it i dont think there shoudl be a M7. maybe a 760Lsi or Lis with maybe 500. it hink thats sufficient. keep in mind thats what i think should be.

To be an M Car (so far) you need to have a manual gearbox. I don't forsee a stick shift 7 series. That is why I forsee a 745Lsi. Something in the 500-525 range. Fast - large, but still stately. No car the size of a 7 can be a true sports car. M6 should get a V12.

yeah i know new 3er series is still a couple years away. and i was really surprised when he told me they got it finished already. But he is a 50 year old politcian (friend of my paretns but i know him quite well too) or in some other job for the government (sorry dont know what it would be in english) and i would see no reason for him to tell me stories that aint true. Plus he has been telling me stuff about BMW that was always in advance of articles in magz and he was always right about it.

Yeah i know the V10 has been officially denied by BMW although there were speculations till later on it was officially stated. But i have never heared or read any rumours in car magz about a sport version of the 7er series. Looking back at the experiance i made with articles and BMW philosophy it would surprise me very much if they add a stronger version to the 7er series, above the 760. Hey i would be happy cause i dont want to see the S 600 pull past the top 7er BMW whenever it wants to (mercedes is the enemy after all, its the dark side of the force), but i doubt there will be anything official from BMW, only tuned version from different companies.

what i will do is ask my friend about that and the new 3er series when i see him again in the winter holidays. maybe i get something new and interesting out of him

:)

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...