EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

600 BHP Audi RS8 in the pipelines

imported_M

Empfohlene Beiträge

it is actually an interesting engine. The cylenders sit so close together they have to be slightly staggered. The design is very efficent. My pet dream has always been the side by side engine (two banks side by side). I'd love to make one work.

A twelve chamber wankel engine would be incredible. Unless you had to fix it. Or make it work in the first place.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 54
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

AudiVancouver so I guess you know then why a W10 won't ever be made, right?! Hehe. I had some guy argue with me about why a W10 engine would make sense. He just didn't seem to understand that 10 divided by 4 would produce fractions and would therefore be virtually impossible to make.

Fox, that sounds like a good "pet" project! :wink: My personal "dream" for an engine is to make a quad-engine setup (two "double end-to-end" engines side-by-side). (Oh, and people, please don't try to "correct" me on this; it's just a day-dream).

I don't know why, but by the looks of that engine I get a feeling that it hints at great Torque capability. I'm not sure why. Those are great pics by the way. If only they were more high-res..... Also I'd love to see "cut-outs".

that is a great site if just for web design.

The W18 was composed of 3 banks of inline sixes - which were themselves composed of 1.3L Lupo I3s put together. 10 is only divible by 5 and 2, both of which are prime numbers. See the issue.

• 3 Wochen später...
  • 4 Monate später...

I'm sure every one of you know that there will definitely be an RS8

I wonder what it will look like? definitely AWD

Considering what MB is doing now ... they better ATLEAST have 600 Horsepower .... maybe just to be safe put atleast 700 ... maybe special version of the upcoming RSR coupe engine (with the 650+ HP V10) in it? That would be very cool ..... oh well I guess we all just have to be patient for a while to see what they're gonna do ...

huh...i wouldn't use that little word "definitely"...coz it hasn't been officially confirmed.

its destiny is connected with s65 amg sales and with the future of m7

if there was the m7 i'm pretty sure audi would bring a competitor...at this poiont i wouldn't be so sure about it.

btw VW is gonna have a competitor against s65amg and possible m7...as you may know phaeton r60 is on its way...the most powerful version is gonna have in excess of 600hp

so they don't have such need of bringing another powerful flagship.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo imported_M,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Audi S / RS / R (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

phaeton R60 is as much rumor as RS8 was, they are still in far pre-planning. No one needs to compete with S65, first off they plan on building how many, like next to none? Seccondly, i'd sooner buy a hartge, schnitzer, or Hamann 7 series before S65.

Seccondly, even if they did put the Twin Turbo W12 in there, it wouldn't be that great, remember that the phaeton is already 1,000lbs heavier than S-Class, and S65 will have more horsepower, R60 sounds more along the level of S55 if you ask me.

• 2 Wochen später...

Guys I can tell you ffor sure that there will be no RS8, for the simple reason that Audi does not want to use turbocharges in this segment. the planning at the moment is, that the new S8 will use a overworked engine of the Gallardo, i.e. a V10, but the displecement is not confirmed yet, I guess it will be slightly higher than in the Gallardo engine. But there will be a so called RS-TDI model, with huge torque and power. by the way, those RS-TDI models are also planned for the A3, as well as a new S3, using a Vr6(as used in the VW models and now called V6, but the block is still using the cylinder angle of 17 degrees, as the legendary VR6 engine from the 90´s) based turbocharged engine with arround 350hp.

There will dfinitely come a new Audi Coupe, and as it looks now, it will be similar to the shown Audi Le Mans from the IAA. But I can tell you, that by now, the engine will only be close to 600hp, but the achieved weight of the car will be less than 1400kilos, so that coupled with the quattro drive will give it astonishing performance. The problem with the engine is again that the turbochargers are making problems while using full power over long distances, which is very important here; in the nights it is well possible that you can go full speed over 20 miles, without breaking, and this is really demanding on the turbochargers. I, myself last night was able to go a little over 300 kms with my S4, over 25km. But the final specification is not yet confirmed. And the other thing there will not be a RS3(at least there are no plans yet, but that does not say much, if then it will not come out before 2006 or 7) so that is why they will call it S3, and they want to have the option for a even more agressive RS3.

mercedes doesn't seem to have issues with turbos in the segment, i respect audi trying to keep them out, and understand the issue of running a turbo continuosly on high boost. I don't see why you couldn't push that 500hp V10 a bit further, get say 530-550 from it, that would be plenty of power, but then Audi would be competing with lambo.

Phaeton is not meant to be a sporting car either. It is extremely heavy, and they don't plan on making many, it is just a prestige thing. I read they targetted to make 8,000 of them a year.

And thank you SPORTEC for again confirming what i have been trying to say for sometime, it was announced there will be no RS8.

I suppose turbos could be more practical in this application if they had thier own cooling/lubrication loop indapendant of the engine, but that gets complex.

• 5 Monate später...

Hello at all

It's give news about the new Audicars that comes? New S6 with V10 or RS6 V10 Biturbo or RS4 with V3.2 Biturbo or ..... May by it's give a A6 with 3.2 Biturbo?

I don't know what comes next time.

Kind Regards

• 2 Monate später...

you are using a translator,arent you?it sucks ,if so :) ...are you certain about those specs?

[ Edit by LateNightCable] - No, you mean to say " A translator you're using aren't you? Of those specs you are certain? If so,it sucks. " :wink::lol:

• 1 Monat später...

my understanding is that Audi is recalibrating and uptweaking their 4.2 V8 in the RS6 for 500hp so as to better compete with M5 and E55. I've hear rumors about MB letting their 5.4 pull the full 493 in E55, but i'm not sure on that one. So far nothing recent and credible puts the V10 in the RS6, which is too bad. Turbos on the new direct injection 3.2 might be a ways off, but naturally aspirated that thing is pretty sweet. 12:1 comrpession.

• 1 Monat später...

Some time ago the british autocar had a scoop on the sporty version of the new A6...according to them the RS6 is to have a tweaked v8 biturbo with direct injection and around 500hp while the S-version will be gained the same engine detuned to 400hp ...

I have some doubts about this one...as for the RS6 if it came in 2007 it would definitely have to offer more power the the new M5...S6 wise,if they wanted to make it have 400hp why would they need the turbos?they could just enhance the current NA v8 and bore it out to get the job(400hp) done...on the other hand torque curve matters.

however,i keep hearing that audi is gonna drop turbocharging in their S,RS-lines in favour of NA high revving engines (mainly because of you,americans :) )

The first indication is the 4,2l V8 in the current S4...and the forthcoming RS4 is said to have a NA V8 as well...but a slightly different one.its power should be somewhere in 400-450hp region and it should rev over 8000rpm

Especially european enthusiasts are quite dissapointed that they are not gonna see another FI V6 which could easily produce 500hp with performance ECU.

Lets get back to S6/RS6...the last info says both S6 and RS6 are about to be powered by a NA V10.In the S6 it will probably put out around 450hp from 5.2l of displacement..and around 500nm of torque between 2000-5000rpm...the RS6 remains to be mysterious and power of its V10 will most likely depend on the date it gets revealed.I reckon we might expect it in late 2007 or even 2008 as the gallardo will already be facelifted and its engine uptweaked to nearly 600hp...that would allow the RS6 to have significantly more the 500hp (550-570hp seems possible) to smash the M5...it depends on how radical Audi wants the RS6 to be.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...