EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New Gemballa Turbocharged Carrera GT "Mirage GT"

PersianJ

Empfohlene Beiträge

http://forums.germancarfans.com/zerothread?id=12639&postid=213977

Click on the above link and then scroll down to see a few pics and read a short article about the new Gemballa turbocharged 1,000 horsepower with 886 lb/ft of torque :oX-) Carrera GT. The put a completely brand new body on it, new 6-speed sequential racing transmission, new digital instrument readouts, rear view cameras with interior monitor, upgraded wheels/tires/brakes/exhaust/clutch/etc.. :) 8) :-))!

Does anyone here think this car will be able to take on the upcoming Veyron .... Bugatti's chief claims the first Veyrons will be delivered to customers starting this October, but who knows I guess. Or how about against the Koenigsseg CCR?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

It may be sweet but even if it is built it will break down after 1000 miles, it is a gemballa,remember, whereas veyron will be a car for an entire life-time compared to this. :) One has to be totally mad if he lets gemballa toy with his ride's engine.

Hey Persian, good to see you back. :) It's been a long time.

I don't think I'd want to shell out nearly 2 million for a tuner car that could very well burn itself out rather quickly.

The Veyron promises too much. It'll no doubt be a rolling work of technological art, but it's bound to fall short in many areas.

looks like itll be stupid fast for a few days :D and itll probably handle better than the veyron for those few days. i think they can make it reliable. in pure theory they should be able to double the torque by setting the boost at one bar. there are of course lots of variables. but i think they can do it, just not reliably before october.

A car would have to be fairly over-engineered in stock form to maintain reliability ( let alone life span ) when tuned to such an extent. I doubt the Carerra GT is. But even if it were, just slapping massively boosted turbos and lower compression pistons onto an otherwise factory engine is just asking for parts failure.

I don't know much about Gemballa, but the general concensus seems to be that they don't last long. Now I know why.

• 2 Monate später...

Depends on what kind of race car and how often you race it. By the time you figure out how not to blow up the engine, you will just move on to breaking drivetrain parts. If you race the car, you're going to break tons of stuff.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo PersianJ,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Porsche Carrera GT (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...