EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Do you know the price of lambo in China?

ah64zzp

Empfohlene Beiträge

No, I understand you're just being polite, I just found it funny the way you worded it. And I would only advise a stoway under extreme curcumstances, If a person has a good life where they are, by all means stay.

About the immigrants getting to stay, it is indeed true, but it pertains more to Cuban immigrants who are able to reach the Florida coast without being picked up by the Coast Guard first. It's a U.S. law known as the " wet foot dry foot " policy. Generally, they are permited to stay after an interview by authorities.

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 50
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

Americans are more direct and straightforward than most Chinese,I would

say ,due to our different cultural traditions.For example,Chinese avoid saying a clear "no" just to be polite.These cultural differences may result

in misunderstanding.

Chinese avoid saying a clear "no" just to be polite.

The Thai are very much that way. They smile, look away, anything to avoid confrontation or hostility, even the act of touching another's head, unless from a parent to a child for example, is almost forbidden. And everyone should be greeted with a wai, or a bow. Being polite is very important to them. Although it's not considererd impolite at all to ask another person questions that might be considered personal to a Westerner.

Thailand is very interesting in it's pre-occupation with manners, it can be refreshing if you know the routine, otherwise it could be a burden. But it's nice to know there is someplace in the world where there is widespread regard for others.

growing up in the south was very much like that too. Never direct confrontation, always sorta of beat around the bush - imply but never directly say anything challenging. I think any propper culture has that. Asian culture has always been sophisticated and very propper. It does however mean that the person on the recieving end has to be far more astute in paying attention to small details and nuances of behavior and language - since they hold much more meaning. You have to know when one of those polite statements or gestures means "no".

I suppose ah64 was educating use because we just weren't getting it. :D

As for the personal questions, in the romantic european countries, I've been asked, or heard questions asked that I could never imagine publically - or even privately asking another person I was not extremely close to, yet they were asking it as a matter of course, like we americans say "how are you".

The germanic european countries are a little bit closer in terms of cultural austerity to america i've noticed, but they are still easier going about such things than we are.

I know a guy originally from New York, and he jokes that saying " Fuk you " in New York is like say " Hello ", and if you can't take it, get out! :D

Western culture ( like others in their own way ) is very repressed in a lot of ways, but very to the point in others. Rolling around on 24" chrome spinners with the stereo pumping is okay, But asking someone how much money they make, or flashing actual currency here would be considered tacky.

I see myself moving far away from all this nutty Western confusion in at some point. Make a mint and disappear, thats' appealing to me.

I had always drempt of making a ton of money young and then moving to australia, working a more low key job, living on the beach, somewhere maybe near melbourne, swimming every day, and just having a nice life. I just don't know if I could ever leave america. I love this country so much, there are so many great things about it. I was just at a major league baseball game, and that reminded me of everything right about america. New York is an entire universe all in of self. Minnesota isn't like that at all, it has its own cultural phenonenon, but nicer people anywhere in the world - so far as I've seen, you are unlikely to find than here. People here say right to your face exactly what they mean, but will always help you out, say hello, give you the shirt off their back if you need it more, they are always pleasant, inviting, neighborly to everyone i guess i could best put it. The east is incredible, i love being at my house in philly, the bustle, the excitement, so much - so close, everywhere has it's own things that make it unique. Very few places don't have their redeeming points and reasons to love them. Pretty much - just north korea right now.

I have to go to bed because I have to be in the pool in 6:30, good night.

The pool, busy busy.

Mom's birthday yesterday, participating in a short film today, busy busy. The slogan on the Indiana license plate years ago used to be " Hoosier Hospitality ", I have yet to see enough of that to warrant it being on the license plate though. There are so many great places that can give you a wonderful feeling. If only you could live in each one of them. If not that, then ideally, I would want to travel anywhere, while maintaining a home in a dream place.

I'll make the mint, sew the wild oats, and travel the world, then become quite domestic when I'm 45 or 50. Thats when I might retire from the world a bit, and " disappear ".

Brown_County_Fall.jpg

• 1 Monat später...

beautiful place :)

I've mention that the coastal cities are as modern as most big western cities. This is Shanghai,the largest city in China mainland,I live very near this city.

index_d036.jpg

5_73.jpg

And what about the tibet ? I went there last summer vacation,it's really an amazing land.It's sooooo beautiful!

The Potala

Potala Palace, Lhasa, Tibet. The old Potala Palace was built in 7th century. At that time Zhanpu King (Shuzhan Genpu) established Tufen Kingdom in Tibet, Lhssa was its Capital, The Emperor of China's Tamg Dynasty sent Princess Wenchen to merry Zhanpu King.

tibet_travel_01.jpg

tibet_travel_09.jpg

The highest and maybe the most magnificent mountainrange in the world---The Himalaya.

tibet_travel_05.jpg

Cool, geography time! :)

The buildings in Shanghai look almost English colonial in that photo. And speaking of mountains, here are a few shots of mount Washington, in the White Mountains of New Hampshire - the highest point in the north eastern United States; with an elevation of 6,288 ft.

The mountain has some of the coldest, ( and most dangerous ) wheather in the nation. My family has had a cottage in this area since the 1920's, and have been climbing the mountains for just as long.

From the summit ...

sunrise.jpg

road-end-orange-sunlight.jpg

From a distance ...

autumn-river.jpg

Crawford Notch ...

crawford-notch.jpg

Some Local Color ...

autumn-auto-road.jpg

tuckerman-huntington-trails.jpg

This is what the Cog Railway looked like way back in the day. It travels to the top of mount Washington, and as you can see, looks the same today ...

5.jpg

skyline.jpg

I can't help but notice a number of pictures shown were of tibet. A great number of people, and in fact nations, and especially the citizens of tibet, maintain that tibet is not part of china, but is instead illegally occupied by china. There are a great number of people in the US with "free tibet" bumper stickers. That and china has tried to interfere with the selection of the dhalai lamas, which is a point of major contention.

As for the mountains of new hampshire, that is a beautiful part of the US. I've skiied at Stowe (green mountains) almost every year since I was young. (we did chamonix and tremblant one year, but otherwise, we're pretty faithful to stowe). The nordic skiing at von trapp up there is some of the most beautiful i've ever seen. We've got a lodge on our island in ontario we've gone to for 70 years, and more recently we've gotten a place on puget sound near mt. baker in the cascades.

mt. baker

Baker_HighDivide.jpg

mt_baker1.jpg

and in ontario at our island, the sun is up till just before midnight in the summer and up again just before 4 am. in the 4 hours in between, you tend to see the cleanest, clearest, most beautiful view of the night sky around, and occasionally, this:

northern2.jpg

As for the buildings in shanghai looking english colonial, for a long time, almost all of colonial china was under the "sphere of influence" of one of the major imperialistic western powers (mostly britain). This was brought to an end due to american foreign policy, and our interest in opening free trade (as it benefitted us), but anyhow, the spheres of influences got broken

tower4bWashington%20Monument,%20Washington%20D.C.%20(%20169m%20).jpg

(our captial, Washington, DC)

A great number of people, and in fact nations, and especially the citizens of tibet, maintain that tibet is not part of china, but is instead illegally occupied by china

HaHa,have you ever been to tibet?

I suggest you should go there,then you will know what you say is absolutely wrong.

I have been there this summer vacation,and I will tell you I havenot met any local citizens there want to maintain that tibet is not part of china,in fact they want to keep close relationship with other province in china.

Maybe you will not believe,and let me explain it.

Tibet is very beautiful land,but in fact most of that land is desert,and it's too high,few crops can grow there,no factory or industy can be establish there, so it's difficult for people to live,so the population of tibet is very limited.

After the amazing landscape in tibet have been found,it attracted more and more people,and the tourism in tibet developed very quikly in recent years.And the local citizens gradually find the best way to improve their life is to earn money from the tourists,and of course,most of these tourists are chinese come from other province.

For example ,they will let you to ride their horse and take photos with it ,and you will pay them a lot of money,and they will sell something to you ,like the knife,and all kinds of goods with distinctive tibet regional culture,the price of them is very very expensive,they also invite you to go to their home and have party with them ,and of course it is not for free.

Both the citizens and the local government benefit a lot from the development of tourism.They willing to maintain such kind of close relationship with other province.And the tourism play a extremely important role in tibet economy.And we from other province are welcomed there,people there are very friendly,no one want to claim independent .

The truth is that tibet citizens cannot live without china,the tourism is the only way they can improve their life,and most of the tourists are chinese come from other province.

You really should go there,to see the truth by yourself,I found most of Americans know little about china.You should not believe the media,many of their reports is not the truth.

Sorry for my english,I hope you can understand what I mean.

you english is very good actually. I don't know more than a word of chinese, and most of the americans i know who speak chinese - even I can tell are awful at it.

Tibet has evoked the strong emotions of the liberal communities in the western world. The Dhalai Lama travels widely throughout the world, and is one of the most respected cultural and spiritual figures.

Does the chinese government work to promote preserving tibet as it? Do you think if tibet were more independent, more western tourists would go there? I don't know. I've long wanted to go, as family members of mine have gone both there and nepal (to climb everest and K2), and have said how beautiful it was.

I have a question for you. How do you feel support for the government is? Is the movement towards democracy and capitalism there undermining the communist ideology of the government?

You have mentioned that if tibet were more independent, more western tourists would go there.But I think that is not enough.Do you know how many tourit went to tibet in this year from January to August? Nearly 870,000 people!The tourism of tibet has brought about 12,255,301$ one year to tibet local governmetnt. You should remenber China has the largest population in the world. I guess if tibet claim its independent , the Chinese government would stop the relationship with tibet, there would be no Chinese tourists go there,do you think there will be more than 100,000 western tourists go to tibet everymonth? You should know the tibet average height above sealevel is more than 4000 meters,not everybody can go there.

Of course, the government support play a very important role in the development of tibet.Before the People's Republic of China found in 1949,the tibet still remained in slave society, most of the citizens there were very dispossesed. The slaveholder are very cruel,they persecute the slaves with horrible punishment.And the People's Liberation Army were sent to there,they beated the slaveholder,all the slaves were set free.

Then the government sent more army and worker there to build the road connect the tibet with other province,it is really very diffult and dangerous project,many soldiers and worker were died there.After the road was finished,many fresh vegtables and other good were transported to tibet.(I have mentioned few crops can grow there due to the bad climate and 4000+ average height above sealevel) The local citizens life has been improved a lot with the governmet support. In recent year the government also spend enormous money to build more roads and highways to promote the tourism development.The citizens are become more and more rich now.

Before answer you question,I want to know what do you think is the communist ideology of the government of China.

from political courses in American universities, my understanding of the communist ideology in china is that it is very flexible within the realm of marxist thinking, considderibly more so than was the soviet union. For a long time the west considdered china a "Maoist" government (after the politicial thought of mao-tse-tung), but with the numerous reforms in recent years, i think the communist government has positioned it self as far more progressive. In your last election, the average age of representatives elected to the people's national congress dropped 13 years, showing a new generation of chinese leadership is taking place.

i see your ideology being one of a command economy. The economy, outside of the special economic zones, is one controlled by the government. Production by heavy industry and large agriculture is controlled by what the government percieves need to be. The government distributes goods to people in a system that tries to be fair, and absolutely equal, giving based more on need than merit. In recent years, more of a free market economy has developed, but china is still under a command economy (centrally planned economy). Also, there seems to be a degree of insecurity on the part of the communist party, as, china claims to be a republic with free election, you can only vote for communist party members. I'm curious if they actually allowed for public forum on issues and allowed democratically minded party's candidates to run against the communists, how they would do. The machinery of the communist government puts the vast resources of china to work on their vision of the country, rather than one derived from the people directly. As such, china's military spending is frightening. Also, china doesn't respect western patent rights.

Despite your governments reforms, they still have a dark side. The most lasting image of china in the minds of most westerners is that of the young student, protesting the oppression of a totalitarianstic regime, fighting for freedom and true democracy for his people, being run over by a cruel and oppressive regime in tienemen square. The tienemen square massacre is the image that comes to mind when westerners talk about chinese human rights abuses. We just had a hard time watching that. But that's where I see your ideology.

The tienemen square massacre has pasted more than 20 years. You said that the protested the oppression of a totalitarianstic regime,fight for freedom and true democracy for his people. But in fact ,they are controlled by someone in the government. They actually dont know the truth,they dont know what really happened. Come to the human rights problem, i think there are also some problem exist in US society,like the racial discrimination, and do you think the war against Iraq is right? What about the problem of the Iraq captive? You should admit that these captives was ill-treated by American soldiers. Westerners allways talk about China, in fact they also have many problems,they should handle these problems first. The economy in china is not centrally planned economy now! I would say you really dont know what happened in china,what your impression of china is about more than 20 years ago. You aslo dont know the history of China, tibet had been a part of china for more than 300 years, long before the USA exsited,do you think your government will approve any of the state in US claim its independent?

I konw much more about US than you know about china! Do you know how many province in china,do you know what are they? There're 51 states in America, right? 1 Alabama 2 Alaska 3 Arizona 4 Arkansas 5 California 6 Colorado 7 Connecticut 8 Delaware 9 Florida 10 Georgia 11 Hawaii 12 Idaho 13 Illinois 14 Indiana 15 Iowa 16 Kansas 17 Kentucky 18 Louisiana 19 Maine etc. I know Abraham Lincoln,born in Illinois,right? Franklin D Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan,Bill Clinton, George W Bush etc. How many chinese political leader you know? Ok,Porizkova,Demi Moore,Elizabaeth Taylor,Harrison Ford,Drew Barrymore etc. How many chinese movie star you konw?

That's enough,you should try to know more about china, the best way is to come here by yourself.

i don't know many chinese movie stars, i'll admit that. I did have to memorize all of the communist chinese leaders since, mao defeated chang kai chek, it went mao, who focused on his cultural revolution and the long march. He tended to be right wing communist. After him, the more progressive deng xaioping took over, and opened china much more to the west. Jiang Zemin ushered in large economic reforms, and Hu Jintao is still fairly new, and has yet to really make clear what his mark will be. At one point I had to know all of the dynasties and their dates and characteristics too. I've forgotten some of that, i admit, but not all americans are fully ignorant to china. I don't claim to know everything, and disclaim all my statements by saying my knowledge of china comes from the american acadamie. If you said my perceptions of your economy are 20 years old, your perceptions of our society are 40 years old. America has long since resolved our issues of race, and while there are rare, small incidents, its all a function of america being host to very unique and different culture, and every so often we do get friction. We have only 50 states here, if i remember right, china has 22 provinces, 5 autonomous region (like tibet), and 4 municipalities (like shanghai or beijing), for a total of 31 regions. I might have forgotten some, but that's what i remember.

i think it is fair to say that you cannot fully understand a culture the same until you have been in it.

As for Iraq, not all americans agree with it. The fact stands, we did do a good thing. For whatever reason, we removed a dangerous dictator, and gave a people their own right to chose how they want to be governed. If they want a dictator again, let them elect one, chose that freely. As for prisoner abuse, it is unfortuneate, that was a few american soldiers, and we have been trying very hard to remedy that. Remember though, the people being held there are not innocent civilians, they are terrorists, insurgents, violent people. What was done to them is not right, but all the same, they are not quite the innocent victims some media makes them out to be.

One thing of china i do have to note, you xinhua news agency gives fairly good coverage of international events. it seems fairly decent and unbiased.

I do have a question, if you are not a centrally planned country, and you do have an open market economy, how are you still communist?

To break up this monotony of mile long paragraphs on politics, I'll pipe in here. You know, I'm still looking for that 51st. state. Anyway, if Tibet cut it's ties with China, I doubt that would keep the Chinese from coming to visit, or any other tourists. And as for the American occupation of Iraq, ah64zzp would not be alone if he thought America and it's president had outworn their welcome. Many Americans think the very same thing. And while most of the American soldiers in Iraq may very well be a gang of redneck reserve, trigger happy glory hounds with more of a chip on their shoulders, than a concern for Iraqi well being - the abuse of Iraqi detainees is still quite isolated. And there is certainly no be-heading going on in those prisons run by the U.S. military.

Anyway, my proposal for a better Tibet is - Casinos!! While I'm not a casino gambler myself, casinos have become a great source of revenue in parts of North America that otherwise would have nothing going on. Take Las Vegas Nevada for example ( could that be the 51st. state? ) How else could a desert become a thriving entertainment meca, bursting with cash?

Since Tibetans apparently love to entertain for money, this would seem like a natural fit. Imagine, the Potala Palace converted to a casino, with a huge neon sign on top reading Potala Palace Hotel and Casino - Free Buffet, Live Entertainment, Girls! Girls! Girls!

Okay, I believe in historical preservation, but you get the picture. It'll be a hot time in the cold mountains tonight. You see, the world isn't so bad if you inject a little humor into it. Everyone wants a good time, thats' something we all can relate to, no matter where we're from.

casinos are awesome. I've been banned from my local indian casino for card counting, so i haven't been a big gambler as of late, but that seems to fix everyone's problems. Let's take the most serene, naturally beautiful and spiritual place on earth, and cover in casinos.

I do have a question, if you are not a centrally planned country, and you do have an open market economy, how are you still communist?

:) Although our governmet claim china is still communist,but I dont think so, the economy here is really market economy now,maybe our government dont want to admit that china is not a communist any more,that wiil mean the communism was beated in the competition with capitalism.I would say nowdays china is just a capitalist, haha. I have not been to American before,but a friend of my mother who went to US in 1980s just came back rencently, she said something in china is just very similar to US now,just imagine its another capitalist with chinese live in,you will know what is china like now. Most of things happened in US also can be found in China.

I'm still a college student now,i will graduate next year,you can say anything against any one of the leader of china regardless of whom he is,as long as you are dissatisfy with him.For example:I can say mao-tse-tung also did something wrong which hurted a lot of chinese that time.Ok, i just want to show in nowdays china you can say anyting you want to say ,no one would care about it,even you can say some leader is a sucker.

No perfect nation in the world, every country has its problem, i just want to say we should focus on the progress that they had made,right?

do you see the Chinese Communist Party allowing other political parties and ideologies to run against them in elections?

That's maybe the only difference between china and other capitalists. But china has its own particular situation, this country need a stable social atomsphere,the election with the participantion of other political parties may lead the change of regime,and result in the anxiety of citizens here. They already have the habit of live with the "one pary system",and need time to adapt to this kind of change.I believe the elecction system like other capitalists will be apply into practise in the future probably,but it takes time.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...