New Corvette

Hula-Hula

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 147
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort
  • 2 Wochen später...

do people come onto this thread to practice typing or something? c'mon yall, there isn't but maybe 5 actual words on this page that make any sense - none of them are about corvette - and how even though it is finally up to world spec for quality and features, refinement and performance, it now looks asian (well, quasi asian, kinda like viper and an S2000 got it on)

Ha ha, cut some slack, this thread is 9 pages long. Someone mentioned their motorcycle and it goes to hell from there. We're allowed a little mindless chatter when a topic is this long :wink: .

Actually, the Viper looks like a Viper and an S2000 got it on, and the new Corvette looks like a Corvette and Ferrari 360 hit the sack one steamy Maranello night. It has it's mother's Italian headlamps, and tail hump. :wink:

no, the C6 looks distinctly asian, it has has the viper S2000 thing mixed with a bit of vette dna, but the overall appearance of it is asian. My buddy, who is from a family of vette fanatics (they have the vette wallclock, the vette book on their coffee table, the vette flag over the vette in their garage, vette leather jacket, the whole 9 yards) says he doesn't like it, he says the interior and nav system are sweet, but because it is ugly he wouldn't buy one. He and I both agree the headlights are a mistake and they should have stuck with the flip ups. It just amazed me that he of all people wouldn't buy it, and found it too ugly.

They did everything right on C6 but styling.

Well ur opinion is gladly noted fox but i finally love the look of the Corvette.

I hated the previous lookin models cuz they were ALL butt-ass ugly.

I think they finally made the styling gorgeous and they needa keep it that way.

I'm also impressed by the performance but i wanna see the interior.

I'm also wanna know how the reliability of everything is too.

So far i'm impressed with the C6 and hasn't let me down yet.

I haven't seen interior though yet.

the C6 styling was kind of a win some, lose some situation. a lot of people loved the headlights from the C5R, so they thought it would be a good idea to put that style on the C6. I know that in doing this they strayed from vette tradition.

i think it kinda looks like a cross between a 360, and a new NSX.

The straight edges suggest Asia, but take look at these photos, I can see a definite Ferrari 360 influence.

The C6 headlamps, with their pod design, and body color surrounds, are almost a straight 360 rip-off. And notice the destinct rear hump on the tail of the C6, more of a little black strip - very much like the hump of the 360. All apart of the new " international " design approach of the new Corvette. Another way of saying Corvette has sold out and wants to appeal to a more European asthetic. I don't blame Fox's Vette buddy for disregarding it. And the backup lights mounted in that big cheap looking grey plastic " difuser ", how cheesy is that?

360modena00_01.jpg

corvettec605_04_1024.jpg

corvettec605_07_1024.jpg

360modena00_02.jpg

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Hula-Hula,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Corvette (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I don't care wat they model themselves after. That doesn't make me decide 2 buy a car or not.

Personally i don't blame them the 360 Modena is an extremely gorgeous ferrari.

I finally love the look of the new Corvette and it actually slaps a thought in my mind saying, "hey u know that might be worth considerably buyable."

The others looked like dog shit and even the performance wouldn't even make me think once to buy the crap.

Now they're aesthetically pleasin AND have exceptional performance, its actually worth considering now.

I congratulate Chevy for this, its bout time they make suffin that looks wortha shit.

Every car they made to me is basically ugly as hell.

WTG chevy u ain't wortha shit nemore. (sorta speak sport car wise)

see i liked it a lot more before i saw the picture of it next to a ferrari..... i thought it was cool looking, but now next to a ferrari i cant get that front grill out of my head. it looks awkward from the front.

I think the new vette is "POWER, PASSION &PRECISION."

Six times in 51 years. That's how many times a new Corvette platform has been ushered into this world.

And the new five spoke rims look awesome.

POWER, yes, they had and have

PASSION, yes, the vette is an american symbol and americans like to to take care of their symbols

PRECISION, not quite, for example making 400hp from a 6.0L is not a good example of precision; most american cars are rugged, but not built with precision

PRECISION, not quite, for example making 400hp from a 6.0L is not a good example of precision.

This would not be a good example of Efficiency, pricision is another matter, and the C6 is most likely the most " precise " Corvette ever.

This would not be a good example of Efficiency, pricision is another matter, and the C6 is most likely the most " precise " Corvette ever.

I agree: it should be the most precise vette ever, it's the last one made from this line. :)

Last of a line? I would think it's the first of a new line.

I should add that 400 hp. from 6.0 liters does not mean that the engine is not reletively efficient in other ways. That power is just the standard output. We all know that the new Vette's engine has the capability for much more. Hence, it is capable of much greater displacement efficiency.

Last of a line? I would think it's the first of a new line.

I should add that 400 hp. from 6.0 liters does not mean that the engine is not reletively efficient in other ways. That power is just the standard output. We all know that the new Vette's engine has the capability for much more. Hence, it is capable of much greater displacement efficiency.

Well, I don't want to argue. Americans have their way of making things.

I would prefer an agressive 3.0l I6 (with 300hp) rather than a 6.0l huming V8 with 400hp. And a smaller car to accomodate the I6.

I too would prefer an I6, BUT it's unlikely you will see the Vette with anything but a V8...That's almost like Porsche ditching the flat-6 for their 911. Not likely.

Maybe on a future model designed to replace the Vette, but that looks like a long time from now. And even then, their clientele would complain "where's my thumpin' V8?"

( the Corvette ) represents the big american way of doing things. In Europe we tend to do it with more finesse.

Which is probably why we will never see a small Vette with a 3.0 liter straight-six. :wink: I get the feeling that some Europeans, while having an appreciation of the " American way " still think of it as wrong or of a lesser caliber. If every car was European in nature, I think we would have a high quality, and " precise ", but very bland car scene.

Which is probably why we will never see a small Vette with a 3.0 liter straight-six. :wink: I get the feeling that some Europeans, while having an appreciation of the " American way " still think of it as wrong or of a lesser caliber. If every car was European in nature, I think we would have a high quality, and " precise ", but very bland car scene.

The cars are smaller because Europe does not the vast spaces that the USA has. Everything is big in the USA.

A Twingo wouldn't find it's meaning in the USA.

Once I saw a Dodge Ram on the French Riviera. The driver could not turn his vehicle in the middle of the road because it is too long. He went back and forward twice.

In France cars are parked leaving 10 cms in the back and 10cms in the front. It's realy an art taught when taking ur licence.

I saw a Cadillac Eldorado in my home country. I thought this could only be seen in the movies. It is huge and in my opinion out of place, elsewhere, but the USA and Canada.

Also, gasoline is more expensive in Europe. U have maybe 1 dollar a gallon and here it's 1 euro a liter.

Europe and the USA are two different dimensions.

well, seeing as we in america have had such good foreign policy of late (not), our gas is now to a slighly more painful $2/gallon. not quite europe, but more expensive. I've long valued small and nimble cars. The turning circle on a corvette is over 40 feet, which is impractical by european standards (M3's is under 35), but that is where they are built for. American cars are impractically large in lots of different ways. i'd like to see a more modern and sophisticated engine go into vette, i'm happy C6 is smaller than C5 (C5 was bordering on boat-car dimensions - like when you outsize a taurus, you are no longer sporty - and vette was pretty close to that size), but what they have now seems to work pretty well. I guess it is all what matters to you in a car.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...