EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New Corvette

Hula-Hula

Empfohlene Beiträge

Fox, show me where you are getting your 0-60 times for the vette and the M3. I have never seen a C5 vette with such high times, only C4. I am pretty sure the correct time is around 4.5 seconds. I don't think you are correct on that!

M3 obviously has the engine to haul the weight, it hauls it to 60 a tenth quicker

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 147
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

yeah, try again.

GENERAL MOTORS rates the 6-speed corvette convertible to 4.9 0-60. The 350hp LS1 (the newer LS1 powered) C5's have been rated as low as 4.8.

Whenever one of the big american automotive magazines tests the vette, the number is ALWAYS 4.7-4.9, it's very consistent actually. I've never seen an LS1 stock vette pull 4.5. The ZO6 is capable of runs in the low to mid 4s, sure, but that is to be expected.

A magazine editor can consistantly launch it to 60 in 4.7 - 4.9. But 4.6 - 4.7 is still a realistic expectation if you are accustomed to the car, and know anything about launching a car.

i don't know about that. These magazine drivers are pretty good at what they do, their performance numbers are rarely not better than factory, they always list the best as being no faster than 4.7, but mention it is consistently attainable. I'm not saying 4.6 is not possible, but don't hold your breath.

On the same token, an M3 could be reasonably assumed to be able to 0-60 two tenths better than factory too then.

Factory numbers are always conservative, sometimes rediculously so. For example the E36 M3 manual had a factory 0-60 rating of something like 5.8, and the 1994-'96 Impala SS was 0-60 in 7.4 when it was really capable of 6.5 or better. They seek to represent all production, just in case a dud slips through I guess. :wink:

most of you guys all think that Z06 has a high performance motor becuase it makes 405hp but what do u really think the M car would make with a 5.7L motor .. The 405hp from the Z06 is a joke when you look at the displacment of 5.7L when compared to the 3.2L I6 which makes 333hp from M3.

most of you guys all think that Z06 has a high performance motor becuase it makes 405hp but what do u really think the M car would make with a 5.7L motor .. The 405hp from the Z06 is a joke when you look at the displacment of 5.7L when compared to the 3.2L I6 which makes 333hp from M3.

I don't care what the HP per CI is. Ricers may love to boast about it but I'm more concerned with driving enjoyment. Power usually helps this out, not displacement per hp. I have a little tiny engine for my R/C that makes a lot more power than a M3 per CI. Why does BMW suck so much that they can't make more power per CI than my little RC motor that only costs a few hundred bucks?

buddy then if bmw cant make an engine were the onions is chevy? dont even try to say that bmw cant make engines because you will get rushed in this forum.. then u put that little rc motor in ur car and see how far you will get :) ,the only question is what do you think bmw would do with 5.7L , I think it wouldnt be wit the corvette class anymore because if would be whipping ferraris all over the place! let me also tell you this that no body will make a better engine in the world then BMW, refined like bmw, nobody will get there and especially not chevy. Even honda owns chevy when it come to making engines.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Hula-Hula,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Corvette (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

Makara didn't say BMW engines' sucked, he questioned you why they can't build engines with the power/displacement ratio of his RC car. Since you seem to be full of " facts " Marko you should have the answer to this. I don't mean to pick on you, but your " facts " are driving people up a wall in my opinion.

go to some ghetto area and they will translate it for you and leave their fist pring on ur face :D if ur ever in canada and in the toronto area come to jane and finch, then I will translate it for you no problem

What would BMW do with 5.7 liters?Thats easy,there 4.9 liter v8 makes just about the same horsepower as the zo6 with way less displacement.And the 5.5 liter going into the new M5 will make 100 or 150 more horse than the zo6 still with less displacement.The outcome,smaller lighter more efficient engines with less displacement and more power.I also heard of a 4.0 or 4.5 liter v8 to go into the new M3(M4) that will have 400 HP.Dont put chevy against BMW in engines,thats a joke.I think we all know chevy (and just about everyone else)cant hold a candle to BMW in engines.I strongly think that they currently make the best engines in the world.

lol, i just like that makara is still using cubic inches.

and I don't know that i could say GM makes better engines then BMW, frankly I don't think they do. The LS1 and LS6 aren't bad engines. They aren't efficient, their engineering is nothing amazing, but the fact is that they get the job done. The BMW engine might be a better engine for what it is, but you have to remember the GM engine makes the power too (even if it is much bigger).

Some people like bigger engines just cause they are bigger, and makara, if you put the same nitro gas in your car you put in that little R/C with an engine whose lifespan is measured in hours in your car, i'm sure you'd see some pretty awsome specific output numbers.

As I was going to say earlier in the day, before the Carpasion site had a brain laps which it often does, the 5.7 Chevy LS-6 produces almost 8% more torque at 1,000 less rpm. than the M5 engine, is far less complex and expensive, and returns better mileage numbers, even if it is due to gearing, so whats' your point Sergio?

My point is, give credit where credit is due, thats' all. It's stupid when someone comes out with a one sided comment about something else being trash compared to another. When they are both fine at what they do.

BMW could do this.. It could have that... If BMW did this...

Who cares? They DON'T DO IT so there is nothing to argue about. Chevy COULD put a twin turbo setup on the z06 motor and get 700 hp out of it. The compression on the M3 motor is so high that you really couldn''t put a turbo on it at all. Does that mean that the Z06 motor better? No, because its not a turbo in the first place.

The only thing that is important is how the actual true-to-life production car performs -- Like we said earlier, you can sit in a classroom and talk about how theoretically perfect and efficient your engine is (or could be)or you can go out and enjoy the power that it has.

and the M3, M5 and vette all have the power to enjoy, just different types of power. Which you like depends on your taste.

And on the M5 motor, the M5 revs a solid 1000rpms higher, meaning you can gear it shorter, meaning you get more torque to the wheels, which would negate the whole torque difference thing. Either way, both cars and engines have their advantages and disadvantages.

And to say the vette engine gets better gas mileage is a bit unfair, considdering the M5 weighs a solid 900lbs more and is a full size sedan. It has more work to do.

anyhow, they are all great cars, just for different people.

buddy then if bmw cant make an engine were the onions is chevy? dont even try to say that bmw cant make engines because you will get rushed in this forum..

Reading into things a bit, buddy?

then u put that little rc motor in ur car and see how far you will get :)

Let's put that little BMW motor in the vette and see how it does against the Z06.

,the only question is what do you think bmw would do with 5.7L , I think it wouldnt be wit the corvette class anymore because if would be whipping ferraris all over the place! let me also tell you this that no body will make a better engine in the world then BMW, refined like bmw, nobody will get there and especially not chevy.

What if? What if? What if? It's fun to sit around and pretend, isn't it?

lol, i just like that makara is still using cubic inches.

Oh God, does it really matter? I use CI and L but since I happened to type CI first, I figured I'd just stick with it.

and I don't know that i could say GM makes better engines then BMW, frankly I don't think they do. The LS1 and LS6 aren't bad engines. They aren't efficient, their engineering is nothing amazing, but the fact is that they get the job done. The BMW engine might be a better engine for what it is, but you have to remember the GM engine makes the power too (even if it is much bigger).

They get the job done so what really does the rest matter? Didn't the vette get better mileage than the M3? What is this thing about efficiency? Anyway, I'm willing to bet that per volume of displacement, the vette whips up on the BMW as far as fuel efficiency.

I cant wait to see the face of a zo6 drier when someone smokes passed him in the new M5 sedan with 3 of is freinds in the car.

For as much as the M5 will probably cost, you should be able to smoke a $52,000 Corvette, come on. On the other hand, if, and I say if the Corvette driver were to drop about 15-20k into his Vette, he could have a car to smoke the hell out of the M5 driver and the spinning heads of his three friends, and still would have spent less, and would have a very personalized performance machine to boot.

I'm not downing the M by any means, but you could argue anything, and many people seem to forget that especially in the case of the new M5, major money goes into those cars. That world class performance doesn't come out of the sky, or because the German engineers are charming.

there is more to a car than numbers. There is the feel, the sound, the touch of the steering, the response. You can talk numbers this all day long but you can't make a point unless you are driving off.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...