SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

New Corvette

Hula-Hula

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »
  • Antworten 147
  • Erstellt
  • Letzte Antwort

i like the paint too, the best candy apple red i've seen, and the rims are even nicer than the 5 spokes on C5.

Supposedly vette is to get a 5.7L-6.3L V8 with 3 Valves a cylender (the intake rocker arm is forked). It is to make around 400 hp. The ZO6, to appear a year later is to have an engine from 6.3-7.0L making in excess of 500hp from the same layout. The new vette is slightly smaller and lighter than the C5.

You have to look twice to know that it's not a C5. It's like some lovechild of the C4 and C6. Round in some places, and hard edged in others. I think the Corvette has looked pretty stale for some time, they need a new formula, but smaller and lighter is very good.

i kinda like the look of the C6 there, i've always thought C4 was beautiful, but went too far one way (and looked of the 80s), and C5 went too far the other way, this car looks pretty sweet. I'm impressed by it, and i'm starting to have a little hope for GM and the vette after all.

• 1 Monat später...

Chevrolet got to be proud of that car... My opinion is that it's the best american production yet. Does anyone got some clearer pictures and some specs? Did they worked out the engine?

no, the best american production car would have to be the new ford GT :D anybody pick up the the car and driver? 0-170 in 23 seconds (ford asked them not to take it above 170, but the claim it will go 200)

the GT is phenomenal, and supposedly it can nail 220mph, it's handling is impeccable, and best of all, everything i've read says it is also supremely drivable. I think it may just be the great american supercar.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Hula-Hula,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Corvette (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

l_Chev_Corvette_red_front_3.jpg

l_Chev_Corvette_red_driving.jpg

l_Chev_Corvette_red_rear.jpg

It's suppose to have a LS2 small block 6.0L V-8 puttin out 400hp and 400ft/lbs of torque.

I've hated corvy's with a passion lately but this addition

approves 2 be fruitful cuz its actually looks really good for a change.

I'm glad they changed the design, that was the primary reason 4 my hate of it.

Now with the LS2 engine, lighter weight and newer looks its gonna be a very nice american muscle car.

With the new LS2 engine they've made the engine/car trim standard trim and is the same as Z06.

This will even beat the Z06 becuz of its lighter weight and modified suspension.

I wanna see it at the drag strip then see it on a race track, i think i might be impressed for once.

the suspension is very much similar to the one on C5, approaching indentical actually. They still use leaf springs (sad). Anyohw, it is 5 inches shorter, about the same weight, and should turn low 4 seccond 0-60, which makes me wonder what the ZO6 will be like :D

no coil spring, active handling is nothing more than stability control. they are composite leaf springs, not fiberglass, and they are not good for handling, at all. don't even try to defend the pushrod engine.

fiberglass composite, composite same thing to me, the thing is made from man made material. The whole setup just deserves more respect. ZO6 is a capable handler able to hold it's own with other cars with " fancy suspensions " and hits nearly 1g. on the skidpad, and not for nothing.

And I will defend the pushrod engine, that motor gets the job done with authority, and you can work on it yourself. If it's not as " refined " as some other more modern ( and much more expensive ) engines who should care?

a good freind of mine has a vette C5 (not a ZO6, but fun, and a vette all the same), and he will tell you the C5 is not all the easy to work on yourself - at all. you need to jack all 4 wheels up no less than 8 inches to do an oil change (all 4 wheels). My BMW doesn't need to be jacked up at all, and the procedure for an oil change on the porsche is not any more difficult. Fancy suspension? The boxster has a higher slalom speed, a better ride, a nicer interior, there are a number of areas it is superior, and i admit it isn't as fast. An M3, with a fancy engine and suspension, which is not at all difficult to work on is as fast, handles better, seats more, costs less, has better quality and interior, has a longer warrantee, free scheduled maintainance for 60k miles. Furthermore, the M3's engine does just as much with more refinement and is smaller and more efficient, and it doesn't vibrate like a jackhammer.

the pushrod engine era ended a while ago, ditto leaf springs. They have a good thing going in corvette, if they just gave it modern power (like LT5 was) and a real suspension (something similar in concept to viper's - though tuned for atleast a little refinement), it would be amazing.

M3 is not faster or cheaper than the vette.

My dad has a c5 convertible. The two extra minutes it take to jack up the car are not that big of a deal. You can argue the theoretical inadequacies of the "old technology" until you're blue in the face, but bottom line is that it outperforms everything else (Qualifiers: stock, in its price range).

And for the last time no one cares about the interior.

Holding an American car to European standards is silly, and it goes on far too often. The traits that would be considered " flaws " in a European car are the very things that have become endearing to those who love American style cars. A Vette does not feel like an M3, but I can't say I give a damn.

Perhaps not everyone wants a Mustang that performs with the cold efficiancy of an M3, or a Corvette engine that you can't feel through the floor. If these " rough edges " were taken away, it wouldn't be the same. Like a Harley-Davidson motorcycle for example vibrates and shakes under your ass like a Japanese cruiser never would, you can feel the parts going to work, and it so happens many people like that, in fact love it. The machine is alive, its' alive! And it wants you to come out and play and be a part of the proceedings!

Well said, LNC. Perhaps I just have a problem with the way Fox is phrasing his posts with comments like "the pushrod engine era ended a while ago, ditto leaf springs. " Who says? If a car that is sill using leaf springs and a pushrod engine is outperforming the vehicles that are using the supposedly "more advanced" technology, then why should it be chnage?

The american performance car may be 'different' than the European performance car, but in this case it is by no means inferior.

chevrolet lists the 0-60 time for the C5 corvette as 4.9 secconds, BMW lists the 0-60 time of the E46 M3 as 4.8. That is faster.

Base list price on a 2004 M3 is $45,900, a comperably equipped C5 coupe comes in $47,340, this is not to mention that the interior of the vette is an embarassment (though i'm happy to say that the C6 does have a very much improved level of interior quality).

What I meant by pushrod era gone is that no european or asian companies still use them, ford and daimler chrysler look to stop production of their pushrod engines by 2007 (ford only still makes the 3.0 vulcan (currently being phased out to coenside with taurus being replaced by the new 2005 ford 500), and the 3.8/4.2l v6, currently only going into minivans (which is slated to be replaced with the 4.0L unit, no date has been set though). Chrysler is replacing it's 3.8L OHV V6 in its minivans with the 3.5L SOHC unit for 2005 (it was going to be done for 2003, but money troubles stopped it), and their 2.7L unit is going to replace the 3.3L OHV V6 for 2005 or 2006 (i've yet to find a definate date).

That leaves GM alone. GIR can tell you, as anyone with an engineering background could, the pushrod layout is inherently less efficient, and has less potential for specific output. that is engineering fact.

the leaf spring issue i have is this, the spring properties of a leaf spring verse a coil spring make it clear that for a car, a coil spring offers better dynamics in terms of response to handling, and can respond faster, that's just physics.

I'm saying the corvette could be an amazing car, top of its class on the world level, if they'd only give it a modern engine and suspension. It is my favorite american sports car, i like it a lot, i just feel its an injustice to keep on the same basic technology it was using 20 years ago when it could be something so great.

There we go comparing American machinery to European again though. To the Corvette's credit, if a 4.9 factory claim is not fast enough for you, it's engine can easily be modified to produce enormous power, where as what can be done with the M3 is quite limited in comparison. And I don't think an M3 ever leaves the dealer costing anthing less than 50-51k when all is said and done. You can get a highly capable and entertaining base Corvette coupe with a Z-51 suspension package for less.

The leaf spring concept and pushrod motor may have " issues ", but none that effect the Corvette to any great degree, the whole thing works just fine. When driving a Vette, I'm not thinking about issues, but rather on exploiting the car's strong points of which there are many.

And about pushrod engines going away, Viper V10 isn't going away, 6.0 Power Stroke diesel sure isn't going anywhere, same goes for the GM Duramax and 5.9 Cummins. From where I stand, pushrod technology has never been more efficient, or as strong.

Fox, why do you automatically equate "small and efficient" to "great" ??

Why do you automatically assume that because the European car makers are doing something 'different' that they are doing it 'better'?

The C5 corvette is faster than the E46 M3. After the sprint to 60 the corvette beats the M to the quarter mile by 4 tenths. It is faster in the quarter mile, performs better on the skidpad, and has been quicker around every ractrack that I have seen the two on together. It is a faster car, case closed.

Edmunds.lists the price for an '04 corvette as $44,535 - $52,385 (were you just making your numbers up?)

price for an '04 M3 is $48,195 - $56,595 = Corvette is faster and cheaper than an M3. (And I have NEVER seen a BASE M3 on any lot -- lowest MSRP I have seen on a lot is $53,xxx)

As I said before, how small and efficient the engine is doesn't mean a damn if you aren't the first one to the finish line.

And for the last time (again!) no one cares about the interior!!!!

** btw I am not knocking the M3 -- It's an awesome car... but if i have $5x,xxx to throw around its going toward a vette..

nope, actually i got it from the comparison part of BMW's website. I saw a pretty nice black M3 coupe just the other day for 48k at the dealer lot.

And people do care about interior. The interior in C5 is awful, to quote motor trend and car and driver it is "right out of a cavalier" and "rental-car grade", i'm not alone in thinking the interior is hella-sucky. I think the corvette is a great car, i think i've said that every post, are you just trying not to see it?

I think that seeing as the only vehicles still to use leaf springs are pickup trucks, the vette would be EVEN BETTER with coil springs, and aside from the viper motor, and dodge's hemi (which is technically pushrod, but has a head layout similar to what a 2V DOHC would look like), pushrods are on the way out, and diesels are a whole different ball game, and in semi trucks, the newest ones are all SOHC. Don't compare diesel engines to gas, it truly is apples to oranges.

All the same, pushrods are not going extinct. Yes, aside from the Viper motor, which is still going strong, as well as GM's Series III V6s'.

A standerdized engine like an LT-5 would be cool, but with that, and a coil spring rear suspension, the price could easily creep up. Corvette is supposed to be America's affordable sports car, so until those more modern features can be made just as cheaply, old tech will do just fine.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...