EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

GIR

Empfohlene Beiträge

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

It is an amazing car, and that exhaust note...!!! :o It looks like Ford is keeping it's nose out of A.M. and letting them get on with their own thing - hence bespoke switchgear, in-house design etc. It's a shame though that they're moving the V12 production to Germany. :roll:

Was the T.G. special the one with the Vanquish and 575 maranello on the Isle of Wight? I still recon the Aston was by far the best one! They are just biased towards Ferrari. :roll:

everyone is ferrari biased, the 575M is the equal of vanq, and the vanq was a better car than the 550 maranello, plus, i'm sure that the exhaust note on vanq is easily the finest in the world (don't take my word, a number of publications have made the same proclamation).

And as far as ford goes, the vanq's V12 is directly derrived from the cosworth developed 5.9L V12 used in the ford GT90 concept car, and that engine was composed of two ford 3.0L V6 blocks (it had it's own casting of course, but the engine was identical to the 3.0L V6 made twice as long, except of course for cosworth's modifications to the heads).

That's backwards to what many think. They are of the opinion that the 575M is too soft and is a worse car than the 550M it replaced. To be honest, I'd have to agree - they've even messed the headlights up.

For me, Ferrari haven't made a good car for over 30 years (or Ferrari haven't made a Ferrari, as I put it), so the Vanquish is always going to be the better car to me. It made the 575M look plain on T.G.

and some say 550 was needlessly hard, a ferrari of the past, 575M was a better performer, more user freindly, more refined, and less face it, Vanq is more refined and softer than 575M still, so it's nothing too horrible.

GT comes in probably pretty close to 575M, vanquish has, and is much more refined in standard form than the 575M, the GT has what, i believe 15% harder spring rates, i figure that puts it squarely even with 575M. Refinement and composure have long been some of aston's biggest advantages over their italian competitors, but more importantly, the big news is DB5, and how it will do.

We like to slag our own industry off. :roll: I love the exhaust note, and the best thing is that it's almost identical on the DB7 Vantage. :D Clarkson was right about the new Aston - all those who had already put their order in for a 911 will now be crying! :lol:

i wouldn't be SO sure of that. This aston is a totally new player in a market porsche has owned for 40 years, i wouldn't make any bets against the 911. I think DB5 will be the best challenge 911 has had in a long time, but knocking off 911? I think that was just the anglophile in clarkson.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo GIR,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Aston Martin (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

DB5?! For a car born of the 60's to beat an up-to-date 911 would be the greatest achievement in motoring history! The DB9 will be a triumph. I did business studies at college, but even after that, I don't think market share has any place in the world of sports cars. Maybe for the accountants at Ford it does, but not for me. There's no way that the DB9 will outsell the 911, but it will be the moral victor as it will instil a sense of occasion in all who are lucky enough to drive one that a 911 could never do.

no, Aston is bringing back the DB5 name on a new car, slated to go nose to nose with 911, the DB9 is a pretty big car, and does not have the raw performance to go nose to nose with the faster and smaller 911s.

It will be a nice improvement on DB7 though.

Are you sure it's going to be named DB5? This I haven't heard of. :-? I heard of the AMV8 Vantage name for the smaller car (although I know this is to be changed). The DB9 will be a sub-5 seconds to 60 M.P.H. car, which is enough to keep up with the 911. When the figures are that close, it's the ability of the driver that makes one car faster than the other, not the engine. Perhaps on a straight road the 911 might nudge ahead, but I don't know that many straight roads. It depends on what you want to draw parallels with.

That's comparing a special model 911 to a standard model DB9. Wait until the DB9 Vantage and then draw comparisons. I still think the standard model will be able to keep up with a 911 on the twisties. I read about the DB5 name now, although that might just be rumour. I think they'll probably come up with something original.

It depends on what you base your comparisons on, and where your loyalties lie. I know it's around the same price, but I never compare cars on prices. For example - TVR against Ferrari, Porsche et al. As you've probably guessed, I'm not a huge Porsche fan, but I can accept it for what it is - a very good car.

I think the british cars, for the first time in a while, have engineering and build quality that is on par with the germans. The english cars have always had soul, elegance, class, and personality on the germans. If only they would stop trying so hard to be "different" and do it a way no one else does, and just focus and bringing performance more into line, they could have something amazing.

Then again, i think if ford beefed up Jaguar and Aston's budget, and the two marques co-developed technology (as well as having access to financial assets allocated to land rover, of whom Jaguar will soon be providing a lot of driveline parts), they could be close to impossible to compete with.

• 1 Jahr später...
Can someone please let me know where i can see the video comparing the Asotn Martin Vanquish and the Ferarri?

That would be truly AWESOME!! :-))!

I have download the video. it's a topgear video.they compared the vanquish and ferrar 575m, and the jeremy clarkson said the ferrari is better than the vanquish,it's something more complete ,somehow. there are some problem with the gearbox of aston,the paddles are attached to a manual gearbox, it dosent work ,and it brakes all the time, ferrari's gearbox is stupid too,but unlike the aston,you dont have to have it,you can save 8,000 pounds to have a proper manual one. the db9 is better than both the vanquish and the 575m,its paddles are attached to a six speed automatic one , but i think the ferrari also improve their paddle gearbox , they call it F1 A, the "A" means automatic, just like the db9,ferrari use it on 612, and the roadtest of 612 proved that it works very good indeed.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...