EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

ferrari engines

V12sNuthinElse

Empfohlene Beiträge

how one can make a 6 liter V12 engine rev all the way up to 8200 for its redline is beyond me, and the maximum capacity of the engine being 10,000 rpm, thas jus phenomenal, and all this for a 6 liter V12 ??? i mean honda civics with their incredibly small engines and equally small camshafts can barely make 9000 rpm as max capacity.

and i wud also like to comment on the ability of the engine of the modena to propel the car to 60 mph under 4.4 secs, the part that astounds me is that it can accomplish this with only 275 lbs of torque ??

"i make engines, the cars are for free", - Enzo Ferrari when asked why his cars were of poor quality, the "i make engines" part is why i praise this company, and not only me, over 95 percent of editors and test driver's agree that there is nothing that can compare to the sound of a ferrari engine

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

i'm once again praising ferrari

in accordance with my last post, i wanted to add that, american engines are crap with their 6500 redlines on the vettes and vipers, and how bout those vortec and cummins engines that the USA makes, how bout them and their 4000 rpm limit and 3400 redline, NOW THAS CRAP, i'm also a huge fan of bmw, and i love the engineering of their cars, i mean the E39 M5 can eat the older E55 for lunch even tho the E55 had around 25 pounds of torque more, and produced peak power at lower rpm, shows wat crap they make over at MB, and now they're using turbos and s'chargers on their cars? a brand new 2003 CL 55 with 496 horses and 516 torque can only do 60 in 4.2 or maybe 4.1? only that much with more torque than an enzo? get a Z8 with 370 torque and still do 60 in 4.1.

BMW- Incredible, Incrdeible Cars

Ferrari- There are No Words

You also have to remember that the CL is 4255 lbs, thats over two tons. The Enzo is 3230 lbs and the Z8 is 3600 lbs. Those cars have far less weight to move around. They also don't fit four people in it. And lets also remember that you can't get an Enzo for under a million bucks.

american engines are crap with their 6500 redlines on the vettes and vipers, and how bout those vortec and cummins engines that the USA makes, how bout them and their 4000 rpm limit and 3400 redline, NOW THAS CRAP

Nuthin, I agree with you on the BMWs', but not about American engines. American engines are tough as nails, and how do you go about judging an engine's worthiness on how high it can redline? Particularly the Vortec and Cummins engines you mentioned. Those are truck motors made for hauling things, like Ferraris when they bust a gut at the race track. They are made for low down torque.

Kleine, as for u'r weight comparison, if Ferrari can move a 3600 pound modena with a measly 275 torque, MB shud be able to move anything with their 516 torque, 4200 pounds is only 600 pounds more than a modena, come on now, seriously wat crap are they engineering over at MB?

Kleine, as for u'r weight comparison, if Ferrari can move a 3600 pound modena with a measly 275 torque, MB shud be able to move anything with their 516 torque, 4200 pounds is only 600 pounds more than a modena, come on now, seriously wat crap are they engineering over at MB?

Who knows :D

Ok V12, the Modena weighs 3000 lbs, not 3600, 1000 lbs less than the SL55, which weighs 4000 lbs, thats 1000 lbs less, or a half ton (75% the weight of the SL). Your torque figures, which are accurate, push the car from 0-60 in 4.5 secs. The SL's 516 lbs propell it to 60 in 4.4 sec. The Mercedes is also not a Ferrari, and the Modena is, hence the $85000 price difference.

uh, where is your price diff coming from. let's see, it'l set you back 130k for an SL55 and 170k for a 360, so lets' use some 3rd grade math to find wow, 40k, that's like half of 80k.

there are a lot of reasons the ferrari goes faster on less, we wont' get into all of them.

ok, latenight, on american engines, they are not as rock solid as you say. they are hit and miss, some are just done really well, some aren't, they are inconsistent. How often do you see old mustangs or camaros? I see tons of old BMWs, Mercedes, and porsches hanging around, and fewer of those were produced.

my buddy and i both have cars from 91, his is a ford ranger, mine a bmw 318i, his has 70k miles, and 2 of his rings are damn near gone and he takes down a quart every three hundred miles, he did drive it hard, but he changed his oil every 3000, and took pristine care of the truck. My car has been beaten on too, has performance mods, and twice the mileage, and i have factory compression across all 4 cylenders and don't go through any oil.

and this is common, some american engines do last, but not without issue, some don't. my car isn't unique, i know lots of people with german cars older that still purr like new.

you don't know how good it makes me feel to see this guy i know with an old M6 shut down stupid kids in hopped up hondas.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo V12sNuthinElse,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Ferrari (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I'm not comparing the SL to the Modena coupe, but to the Spider because I thought it fair that if I'm comparing a convertable to another car, it should be a convertible too. The Spider in the want ads averages out to around 230,000, and thats used (500 miles or less, usually), and the coupe averages out to around $185,000, also used. I donk know what a new coupe or spider costs, but it's sure to be over these figures. So if we do some 3rd grade math, we find that the difference between a new SL55 and a used 360 Spider is $95,000. Wow, I was being conservative before. And lets not forget that also because of the difference in the manufacturers, insurance on the Modena will be far more than the Merc.

kleine why'd u have to go and bring price #'s into this, all i was talking about was the engineering and ability of the cars, when u can afford a CL or a modena u don't give a damm about the price

a day i'm waiting for = when i hit the lottery, so i don't have to drive my 96 camry no more

I'll tell you why I bring fucking #'s into this. You posted inaccurate figures and then used them as your basis for the phrase "What crap are they building over there" in reference to Mercedes. That was probably the most ignorant thing you could have said. A Mercedes will probably last far longer than any Ferrari because Ferrari's aren't designed to be lasting or reliable. Mercedes cars are some of the finest cars on the planet (lets be reasonable about price range here). BMW's are some of the finest cars on the planet too (it sucks that I have to add this in order to not catch any flack on this website). Next time you want to make a bogus and rediculous opinion on any manufacturer, make sure its based on accurate info at least.

amen.

and fisch, it was wise to include bmw, else we'd have the bavarian flak guns out for you already.

and anyway, i include mercedes, to be fair, they are both amazing cars, just built with different philosophies.

hey kleine becuz i made an error on listing the weight of a car u brought prices into this? thas u'r excuse ? all u had to do was correct me, but i still don't see how my wrong weight listing made u bring prices into this, cuz u me and everyone else knows that if u even consider a modena, Z8, or a CL u aint gonna give a damn about the price

Well price is an issue but if it wasnt and you took the sl over the spider its just my opinion that u would be a stupid stupid person.

i dont think mony is an issue by the way for klein. rich bastard (JK) :D

Everybody seems to have this idea that rich people just throw their money around because they can. Well thats not the case, well it is when you have rich people who never worked a day in their life and just got everything through inheritance. I can afford and Enzo, but you don't see me rushing out to get one. When I shop for a car, money is less of any issue than most people, but it certainly is an issue.

you live in la jolla, you have a rolls royce and ferrari dealer in town (and some pretty cool seals too). everyone there has dough. We could live much more extravagantly too. We have money because we hold on to it (a bit).

Why don't you get a little SUV to off-road with kleine? have some fun. there is some great offroading, like past el cajon, all desert, i went out there in a buddy's silverado and badassed around, hotter than hell though.

amen.

screw the Z71 package, i want the AC-71, give me all the air conditioning power you can muster.

naw, we had a lot of fun, you should go get a little montero sport, or a 4runner, or even a jeep cherokee, take it out and bad ass in it, it'd be fun, and all your la jolla neighbors can piss themselves when you park a muddy ass jeep next to the ferrari in your driveway.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...