EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

What do you guys think about the v6 Cayenne?

MBenthusiast0

Empfohlene Beiträge

I've done some research and noticed that the v6 cayenne will be coming out around early-mid 2004...having around 247 bhp with 229 lb/ft of torque.. Oh yea...i noticed that it goes 0-60 mph in 9.1 seconds.

what do you think about this?

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Porsche has really thrown in the towel with this one. For the first time in modern history, there is a Porsche no rival has anything to be afraid of. If the engine is Porsche's own, then they are in the sellout game for the long haul. Covering the market with a V6 SUV on up to the Carrera GT, Volkswagen is deffinately in the driver's seat. Who wants' to bet that a four-door is next?

I think the only good to come out of a V6 Cayenne, is if they made Cayenne sales their primary source of profit, so they could afford to sell 911s' at dirt cheap prices.

For the first time in modern history, there is a Porsche no rival has anything to be afraid of.

Latenight I have to disagree! Based on Car and Driver, they claim the only thing better off road is the Range Rover and nothing comes close on road. After driving the S, I would buy one in a heart beat.

A V6 Cayenne in the second best off-roader around, is that what C&D said? Uh huh. I'm sure any Jeep is a more capable off-roader, Ceyenne is no threat to any true off-roader. And the Cayenne V6 is not scaring a BMW X5 4.6is or an ML55 AMG any time soon.

What I'm saying is that, a Porsche SUV with a V6 is not really anything to be sweating over at a stoplight.

A V6 Cayenne in the second best off-roader around, is that what C&D said? Uh huh. I'm sure any Jeep is a more capable off-roader, Ceyenne is no threat to any true off-roader. And the Cayenne V6 is not scaring a BMW X5 4.6is or an ML55 AMG any time soon.

What I'm saying is that, a Porsche SUV with a V6 is not really anything to be sweating over at a stoplight.

my appoligies, I thought you were talking about the 8's. They were talking about the standard S. Anyway, Jeeps are GREAT off road, but I don't think a libby or a Grand could hang with a Cayenne.

i dunno, the Jeep Grand cherokee may not be the image of high build quality, but it's all wheel drive system (quadra-drive) which uses gerotor pumps to hydraulically lock and unlock diffs and redistribute torque is pretty top notch, and with the 4.7L HO V8, it turns over a 0-60 of 6.9. That isn't too much slower than a stock V8 Cayanne, and would rape any V6 cayanne.

Oh btw, where is this V6 coming from. last time i checked porsche doesn't make one.

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo MBenthusiast0,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Porsche Cayenne (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1
  • 1 Monat später...

Porsche is losing its focus.

It's a sports car builder, and one of the best at that. Why they decided to tarnish their image with an SUV I don't know (well, I guess I do, for money of course).

The Cayenne S is okay, the Cayenne Turbo is at least very fast for an SUV, but the V6? Come on! 247 hp in a vehicle that weighs about 5600 lbs, has a pitiful 9.1 sec 0-60, and it dares carry a Porsche badge???

The only good that can come of this is the undeniable profit that it will bring Porsche. Now let's hope they use that profit in a meaningful way, like getting back into competative racing at Le Mans. . .

Now a days you need all the high tech gadgets. That's all the the Porsche Cayenne is. Porsche is arguably the best supercar maker. Plus half of the people buying the Cayenne are probably pimping it out. I think they did it so the price would go down. If they put their own engine in it it would be a lot more expensive.

• 3 Monate später...

My opinion:

Good side:

Affordable price

Kicks ass offroad

Bad side:

VW engine (yuck)

Slow if U consider Porsche's history and all

I'm a Porsche fan as much as U guys are and I think that Cayenne is a nice "compromise" (If U consider a 450 hp beast yhat can tear apart any road a compromise)! This engine is, on the onther hand, not that kind of a compromise! I hope they don't release a diesel Porsche (BLASPHEMY)!!!

Conclusion: marketing sux! marketing destroyes everything that is good and expensive, making it cheap and purely STUPID!

I for one don't care if they sell a V6 Cayenne (or a 4 door sedan for that matter)...These are the cars that would keep Porsche in business.

I'd rather have Porsche SUVs and sedans, as opposed to not having any Porsche at all! If they never made the Boxster or the Cayenne, do you think that the Carrera GT would have been financially viable for the company?

I wouldn't say that stuff like the Cayenne are what keeps Porsche is business, they would still be in business without it, just on a much smaller scale. Although the Cayenne most definitely keeps VW in the money.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...