EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Name the car!!!

Tsar Kalojan

Empfohlene Beiträge

I'm asking everyone - which is your 'best of all' sports car and WHY? Bring arguments/photos/history... everything! Let's do the job properly and get to the winner as fast as possible!

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I would go with Porsche hands down. I base this upon my own experience with the cars. After countless auto-x events and drivers education, I think it is the ultimate sports car. As for the best Porsche out there, I would go with the 959. Don't have time to go into detail, just my two cents worth.

The ferrari F40.

In the mid eighties, it had performance equal to that of supercars today, its twin turbo 3.0L V8, derrived from a production ferrari engine, produced nearly 160hp/l, a figure yet to be improved upon in a production car. With 2,470lbs and 478hp, it had a staggering 5lbs to the horsepower. I really don't see how you could beat a car like this. The final car approved by enzo ferrari.

...between Porsche and Ferrari. The F-40 is one of the greatest cars produced - absolutely! On the other side is Porsche - said to be the ultimate sports machine. I'm glad to see the 959 model mentioned here! Personally, I want to test both F-40 and 959 on a track:)!

Some times I think we are the only ones who post! I would love to drive both of them on a track. I have great photos of a red 959 that was imported to the US that was at a shop close to me. I have two of the pics on my website, www.geocities.com/porschenut930 , I saw a F-40 a long time ago at a dealership, I think it was Algar, outside of Philly. Didn't have a camera on me so all I have are mental pics!

Yeah, i saw, and attempted to fit myself into (unsuccefully) their red F-40 at Algar in Bryn Mawr. The thing was tagged at over $320,000. It was amazing. Next time i'm there, if they have it around, i'll get a picture.

Saw a 959 at the philadelphia auto show a while ago, but not for a while. That was another amazing engine, a 2.7L F6 twin turbo, cranking incredible 400+hp (depending on an number of things). Also, that sucker was AWD, they raced a special one in the paris to dakar rally succefully too!

Anzeige eBay
Geschrieben
Geschrieben

Hallo Tsar Kalojan,

schau doch mal hier zum Thema Porsche (Anzeige)? Eventuell gibt es dort etwas Passendes.

Der V16 Motor zum Selberbauen (Anzeige) ist auch genial.

• Gefällt Carpassion.com 1

I already had posted my top5 in some other Topic:

http://www.carpassion.com/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=590

As long as I'm concerned the Ferrari 250 LM is my wale (call me captian Nemo ;) ).

I got a model of this car when I was 11 and still have that model. I don't know wether it's somekind of psychologic thing implanted in my brain becasue I have been looking at this car ever since I've been 11. To me this car represents the days when racing was all about a man + car no more no less. Not a man + engine + carbon body + automatic gear + electronics.

If you look at the pictures... oh so beatifull and so powerfull. I was among the top10 powerfull cars in it's time. Too bad the only one produced by Ferrari is in the Ferrari museum and it hasn't run for years! I'll never be able to buy the original. :cry: Maybe one day when I work real hard :)

Just a sidenote to this. I used to own a S500 and sonebody rammed me fromt he side. I'm in the process of buying a CL55, I'm just waiting on the instalement of our new govermount, they're anounced a cut on the new car taxes.

Holland:

Where darn near anything is legal, and car sales taxes are huge. A cut would be huge in decreasing the car price.

A Ferrari 250 is a great work of art. Driving is not about whose computer works the best, who has the most dingaling devices (i turn off everything i can when I drive). It is about a solid machine, and a driver who is able enough to handle that machine, and it is more about the driver than anything else. People get too fixated with numbers, and loose track of what real driving is about. My Alfa Romeo may not be fast like a ferrari, and with mechanical fuel injection, a beam rear axle, and digital nothing, it is by no means a BMW, but you drive it, and you feel like you are driving, and it is a more than capable car, if you are up to driving it. The worst ever is when the car gets maxed out before the driver.

It is totally understandable to be madly in love with a 250. If i win powerball, that just may be what i buy :P

...we gathered all ferrari and porsche fans here:-) Ain't nothing wrong, I've expected to happen so. PorschePlayboy - I just visited your website and saw the red 959...looked like a virgin to me - never touched - what a pity. As my brother is a great car lover too he gave his opinion on the topic too - Lamborghini Countach!

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...