EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

V10 Lambo

thepolarfoxqx

Empfohlene Beiträge

I heard something about Lambo making a smaller car to compete with cars like 911 turbo and 360 (about to be 420) modena and the new smaller Aston Martin (DB5) - I heard it would be powered by a V10 version of the 6.0 V12 - anyone else hear anything about this (the mere possibility alone is awsome)

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

I saw a picture - photo - not a computer image. VW is throwing all of its money into expensive cars - so as not to have any end of the high end market untouched - i am curious why not an 8 cylender? a ten is close enough to be a foil to murci-

I had heard that they were going to start production - but then again - they have said that for a while.

• 2 Wochen später...

I thought I would chime in with some updates on the facts your throwing around. As the only person in this forum who has driven both the Diablo, the Murcielago AND (yes and) the new Lambo, I can tell you the new Lambo is going to kick the tail of both the Porsche and the Ferrari in every discipline.

I should know. I work on the project. We have driven comparisons......

more info? go to:

http://www.lambocars.com/newl140.htm

I don`t know where this site gets it but it is really freakishly close to accurate.......

Now you can use an appropriate code for your topic....

Thank you for your new information. It is always nice to here some data from a source like yourself. I do although have a question, do you claim to have an advantage in refinement over porsche? Also, won't your price be quite a bit higher than that of a 911turbo? What about when 911 turbo gets a 500hp 4.5L V8 (confirmed)? Also, why does Lambo not share engines with the rest of the VW family. As great as the archetecture employed in the current v12 (and subsequent v10) is, would it not be advantagous to use VW archetecture to take advantage of all of the advancements made throughout the different lines?

Sure it would initially seem advantageous, but if you read the web site I pointed out, you will see that the engine was already mostly developed before it even was part of the VW family......

Also as far as the turbo porsche question. Read the web site.

Advantage L140. Plus no turbo lag and Lambo AWD.

Where do you think the price of the 500bhp porsche will be?

I don`t think that will be an issue. Again, read the whole website I mentioned.

Understood that Lambo had already developed most of the engine ahead of time. Porsche 911 turbo has a very sophisticated Steyr AWD system. Yeah, there won't be any turbo lag, but there will be much more low end torque in the porsche - so you won't have to keep the engine at stratospheric speeds to keep power on tap. I expect the price on the 911 to be 20% higher than it is now, but I don't really know (right now it is about $100,000 U.S.) The lamborghini L140 is a very good car from the looks of it - extremely powerful, fast, handles like a dream, but then again, i suspect the next generation 911 will offer nearly similar performance, but with more practicality.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...