EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Aston Martin

thepolarfoxqx

Empfohlene Beiträge

Aston Martin, revitalized with the new DB7 Vantage/Volare powered with a 5.9L V12 (actually is made of two Ford Duratech 3.0 engines fused together) which is considdered one of the worlds best, and the supercar Vanquish with the aluminum space frame is taking on a new project. Originally, DB5 was going to be a mid-engine design, but it was decided for cost reasons to share a new front engine platform with Jaguar. The Aston martin will use a 4.0L Jaguar/Ford AJ-V8 making 350hp - not up to the 415 made by 911 Turbo and Ferrari 360 which it aims to compete with - also , the Aston martin will be much much lighter than it jaguar counterpart on the same platform (as well as much more agressively sprung). That said, the jaguar which will ride on this platform will get the 4.2L AJ-V8 - possibly the 388hp supercharged version.

• 7 Monate später...
Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

Here's a somewhat new Aston Martin concept which you may have already seen:

2020.jpg

20202.jpg

20203.jpg

20204.jpg

It's the "Twenty-Twenty" concept, with a ~6L V12 that makes 500HP. What do you think?

(Oh, also, I thought the Jag. engine made 400HP (not 388)....)

• 2 Wochen später...

it is probably all a stupid image thing.

And the Jaugar AJ-V8 4.2 Supercharged is good for 388 net horsepower. They shot for 400, but when they tested it with all restrictors in place, it fell12 short.

no doubt.

What is really needed is higher tuned version of the V8SC, and some weight reduction (God forbid there ever be an Aston Martin that has a reasonable curb weight!)

Well I think the new DB AR1 Zagato Roadster is relatively light weight. And the AMV8 Vantage isn't that heavy either (at least compared to the Vanquish). The super-charged Jag. (I think) isn't exactly as much "heavy" as it is "low-geared". A taller 5th may make good use of the extra 12.

they are famous for their tall gearing. Tall geared cars do feel much more effortless. I can't help but think astons would be quicker, and more fun if they put in a shorter rear differential.

How many astons have you driven? I don't have any first-hand experience (not driving them anyway). I don't really know. I don't even know the level of similarity between, say an XJ and an AMV8.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...