EUROPAS GROßE
SPORTWAGEN COMMUNITY

Corvette 50th Aniversary

xilica

Empfohlene Beiträge

Ok, you want to know how great of a car the corvette is. Not only does the Z06 pull imense G's, insane HP, and flawless balance through its well mono tubular chasis. But it is world leader in its class in racing championsihps.

I mean look, when yo utake a car, that was at first an AUTOMATIC/CONVERTIBLE and build off of that, and later create a manual coupe that both vehicles run the same time, and are balanced at the smae time, you konw you have a kick ahss car on your hands.

The new M3 which btw is not 350 hp, it is 333 costs over 55k , not even the top of the line z06 costs that much. 52k is what that is. COrvettes run in the 40k range, and not only do you get a bang for your buck, but you have a car that you can drive daily anywhere, and sitll tear up some ashpalt at the track.

I am a ford enthusiest, and with me coming out and saying how great the corvette is, you konw there is somthing wrong. A Z06 run low 12 second range, pulls near 1 g on the skidpad, stops on a dime, and handles just like is C5R big brother does on the track. Now how could you say that this car is not a bang for a buck, or even a great car as it is. I have seen test numbers verses a VIPER and a Z06 go head ot head on the track, yea the viper pulled faster quartermile times, but hte trap speeds were almost the same, and on the track the corvette ate the thing up. Dont underestimate the repetuat of the corvette. I know a lot of you out there are haters of us amercan supercars, or even american cars in general, but i guaraantee if each manufactere had time to make a car that would be the best in the world, we would surely be top 3.

Look at the S7, sorry to say everyone, it owns almost everythign out there right now, even the old aging McLaren!!!

:::::puts on flame suit, gettting ready for backlash:::::

Jetzt registrieren, um Themenwerbung zu deaktivieren »

An M3 coupe is available at 45k, same as a vette coupe. With 333hp, the M3 runs to 60 in 4.8, ditto the 350hp Vette. Even in statistical handling, the M3 has a more sophisticated suspension. The engine in the M3 is amazing, it is like a real race car to drive that thing. plus M3 has every luxury you could ask for, and 4 seats.

Again boys, my comments and opinion are all relative and I don't mean to pointlessly diss anyone or any category of cars for whatever messed up reason. I meant that their bang-for-buck ratio is slightly less attractive than that of an M3 as you might agree. This doesn't mean I'm an American car hater. I don't talk s*** about cars except when those cars really deserve to be bashed. That's definitely not true when it comes to U.S.-made cars. They're fast, reliable, more-than-attractive, cost-worthy, and just plain lovable at any price. But it's all relative, dudes. I'lll give American cars credit when credit is due. And they're getting better all the time too. Americans (unlike, say, the Japanese) are improving in everything they lack or don't do well. Even emmission and fuel management are beginning to be problems of the past for star-spangled cars, as we're beginnning to see a sudden shift towards bettering petrol and expanding diesel and introducing hybrids and hydrogen engines. I ain't gonna argue when I agree with you.

By the way you too (Fox and T88) sure seem to know a lot about American cars and all cars in general. I enjoy reading your posts because they're more informative and "technical" than most others. Thanx dudes and keep the tripple-A material coming.

By the way you too (Fox and T88) sure seem to know a lot about American cars and all cars in general. I enjoy reading your posts because they're more informative and "technical" than most others. Thanx dudes and keep the tripple-A material coming.

hey same back to you homey, us three are the constant talkers on these booards latlly.

I subscribe to 9 magz, each from diff parts of manufacturere of the worlds. Import tuner, car and driver, road and track, motor trend, europeon car, CAR, GT, autoweek, automobile, and just recently for the hell of it, if you are familiar with DUPONT REGISTRY, the million dollar poeples auto trader, lol i love looking at what poeple sell and for how much.

I have been reading up on cars since i was 5, i have over 400 micormachin car models i used to play since i was a kid. I have driven a lot of fun cars in my life, and have devoted it so badly, that i even enjoy more pleasure of high intense exotic cars than my own gf at times. The sound of the exhuast, hte power of 1.8-8 litler motors, and diversity of diff chassis/engine capabilties givin such a complex range of capabiltiies bewtween all the cars of the world. I love readin up on boards and magz learning new things, and also puttin my imput about wha ti know. We all learn you know.

I know about american bc i have been working on them for a while, and my love of GERMAN autos comes from my uncle, and well his 640 hp 911 twin turbo kitted by strosek, and tuned by GTR motor sports!!!

I know we seem to be the oly ones talking (actually GIR and a few others are still around).

Anywho, I don't subscribe to any mags but I do buy them every once in a while. I had a lot of those "micro-machines" too. More than you could count. But to be honest I only got into cars about 2 years ago. I wasn't into cars that much before then. I was more into computers. I've been into computers since I was like 3 or 4 years old. And I'm studying to become a professional programmer now.

I think that's a bit more than we'd like to know about you and your g/f! J/K!

Your uncle's 911 sounds intense!

I know we seem to be the oly ones talking (actually GIR and a few others are still around).

Anywho, I don't subscribe to any mags but I do buy them every once in a while. I had a lot of those "micro-machines" too. More than you could count. But to be honest I only got into cars about 2 years ago. I wasn't into cars that much before then. I was more into computers. I've been into computers since I was like 3 or 4 years old. And I'm studying to become a professional programmer now.

I think that's a bit more than we'd like to know about you and your g/f! J/K!

Your uncle's 911 sounds intense!

haha yea well. i was known in high school for having an intense speech of....WHy cars are better tahn women....lol in the year book and eveyrthing, and on video. I am weird bro!!! lol

As for my uncles porsche. i still am pissin in my pant everytime i hear it, or see it. The thing pulled harder than the diablo i was in....wow it was fun as helII though!!!

My father has held it to be his strongest belief that in life, your car will always cost you less, be more reliable, faithful, fund, and loving to you than your wife.

He has had probably thirty some cars, and is only on his 3rd wife.

I really don't think the two are equitable. Atleast I hope not.

Hey you think you're weird, T88. I've said and done things that would put those to shame.

Fox those two definitely don't equate. If you don't love your car you can buy a new one. If you don't love your wife, first of all you have severe issues, and second, you can't just get a new one! Also, you shouldn't make a big mistake in choosing your wife; if you love here you marry her, if you don't you don't. But if you buy a car the first time and it doesn't work out as well as you might hope, then you can dump it and get a new car. Also, you can't turbo-charge your wife or bore her cylinders but I'm sure you can bore her to death with car-talk!

firstly:

a car should be something worth holding onto, I don't think they equate, my father does though (and is one of the most interesting people i've ever met).

You never bore your woman with the technical details of the car, only the things she cares about, it looks nice, sounds nice, is fast, drives well, and the passenger seat will always have her name on it.

That is why I feel it so important that a car have a "soul" and that it is an entity with character you can connect to. while i can find the technical details of anything that moves awsome, she doesn't, but she knows what fun feels like, and when we're out driving, that is all that counts.

I know many women who'd love to have the driver's seat have their name on it instead. I don't have a g/f so I don't know what it's like to share one's car-experience with a significant other, but I DO know that women (in general) could never be interested with the complexities and technical what-nots of how cars work and such issues. they want a car that has class, makes them look better, drives well, feels lively, is relatively fast, and is safe. Cars and women definitely don't equate and I think feminists would kil us if they found us we were een talking about this stuff. Can't say I'd really care much but it's deliciously controversial! :D

Also, I don't think I (or anyone else) would ever really have to choose between a woman and a car. Because the woman and the car oftentimes get along, unless she's a gold-digger ad we all know what hat's all about.

To be perfectly honest though I don't think I'd choose the woman (if I ever had to choose between a woman and a car). If some chic gives you an ultimatum or something, and you have to choose, you're better off going with the car, because any woman that wants a guy to make such a propostrous choice doesn't deserve the dude or the car.

Haha my whole thing, is your car repsresents you, who you are, who youcan be, and a precense of your status in life. That is why i take care of my car like i would my prestige!!!

Woman and cars are both a long term deal, but woman always come out to be higher maintence and money. I just wish that they only had there oil changed every 3 months or 3000 miles, instead of every month or 10000 nags!!! lol

LOL hey let's just stop while we're at it let's not offend any feminists too much. We do't wanna get in trouble! :wink:

So if I drove a Peykan, what would that say about me?!

THat your a NUT....!!!! ( dont konw if you got htat joke)....lol

LOL. I get it. I don't mean to kil your joke, but it's Peykan, not Pecan, and even then, the Pecan is not a nut (last time I asked)!

Let me rephrase the question: What would you be if you drove the Samand?

LOL. I get it. I don't mean to kil your joke, but it's Peykan, not Pecan, and even then, the Pecan is not a nut (last time I asked)!

Let me rephrase the question: What would you be if you drove the Samand?

lol i know, i was just messin homey......but a pecan is a nut dude, last time i ate one, i thought iw as eatin a nut!!!

But if i was drving a samand, i would have to check up on how much RWCP it was making, ooops i mean RWHP....camel power is non relevant to the rest of the world!!! lol

haha, you dont get htat joke...ahh dont worry.!!! but like you know since middle easterns ride camels, that.................ahh forget it haha!!!!

just find everything i just said irrelavent!!! hehe

Yeah irrelevant and wrong too! Mid.easterns don't ride camels man! What are you talking about? My dad had a Beemer! The people in my neighbourhood had Porsches, and one guy who lived near where I lived had a Lambo! (I think it was a Countach or Diablo).

If anyone would drive extreme cars, it should be the middle easterners. A: They have gas prices to be jealous of B: They have oil money up the ying yang. A good freind of mine grew up in saudi arabia, and some of his stories are just amazing.

Fox, don't listen to people who "grew up in saudi Arabia". Believe me, The Middle East is much much bigger than saudi Arabia, and Saudi Arabia is a unique and seperated part of the M.E.; most (99.999%) of Mid.Easterns don't have oil money "up the ying yang", or any at all. Most of it is bought very cheap (almost free, at times). It's basically stolen. It's definitely not "oil-money". And the only reason gas prices are so ow in patrs of the mid-east is because there's plenty of it. Mid.Easterns don't drive extreme cars, but they definitely don't drive camels either. They're fairly normal (in Iran anyway), and leaning just a slight bit towards the poor side). But that's the general population. The people I'm takling about are the super-loaded "exceptions" to the rule who live life to the fullest by cheaping out and not paying tax and stealing and other trickeries. There are relatively very few people who can actually afford such extreme insane cars.

Archiviert

Dieses Thema ist archiviert und für weitere Antworten gesperrt. Erstelle doch dein eigenes Thema im passenden Forum.

• Neu erstellen...